May 2021 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check IN - Week of 10/15

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board.

How far along are you?

Upcoming Appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check IN - Week of 10/15

• Options
    How far along are you? 8w4d

Upcoming Appointments? not until the 29th--cant come soon enough!

Cravings/Symptoms? so tired! i feel like a broken record lol.  otherwise light nausea without eating

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? work has been insane this week and i am definitely earning my afternoon naps.  just hoping that i have this hump to get over and ill get my energy back

Questions? none atm
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10+5

Upcoming Appointments? Monday! Excited because I get to have another ultrasound and see the little bebes.

Cravings/Symptoms? No cravings: aversions to pretty much everything and so so so so nauseous all the time. Had to take PTO today because I couldn’t sit at my desk without dry heaving.

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Honestly I’m just not handling the nausea well. I know it’s pretty much the only thing I ever talk about here but hopefully in a couple of weeks I’ll be on the other side of it. I really really hope so because it’s majorly impacting my ability to function. Talking to my doctor Monday to see about stronger or additional meds I can take.

Questions? Nope!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    edited October 2020
    How far along are you? 8w1d

Upcoming Appointments? My sweetheart of an RE is letting us do repeat ultrasounds every 2 weeks throughout the first tri, so next US is Oct 26th 

Cravings/Symptoms? Not really, which is making me a little crazy. Guess you can't win, eh? I'll take this over constant morning sickness but symptoms coming and going really messes with your head, yikes! I do, however, have to pee every 15 minutes. 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? No real rants today, feeling good physically and in a better place mentally these days. Raves: I think we're finally going to tell BIL this weekend because he's been nosing around since our FET. I scared everyone in the family when I posted about National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day yesterday during the Wave of Light in honour of all my friends who have had losses (and our own IVF losses) so MH is excited about that, but I'm dreading it a little because my SIL is obnoxious and is going to want to give me all her unsolicited "advice". Buuut I digress, I'm excited for them to finally know and especially for MH to get to finally experience their joy and excitement after so many years of infertility, heartbreak, and loss. Whoops, just made myself cry there. *breathe Kiki, it's just the hormones* 

Questions? ... What do they consider to be the dating scan? The first US? If I have ultrasounds at 8, 10 and 12 weeks do the measurements mean anything when we know the exact gestational age due to IVF? I've gone down a reddit rabbithole on this and I think I understand that measuring ahead shouldn't change my EDD, but at what point might that change? Fully going to ask my Dr about this at our next appt but that's not for another 2 weeks, lol. 

*edited to fix my run-on sentence.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    gusgus14gusgus14 member
    edited October 2020
    @kiki047 my OB’s office considers the first scan (typically around 8-10 weeks) the dating scan and they typically don’t change the date after that but not sure if that’s the same across the board.

ETA: they usually only do 2 the whole pregnancy so obviously not the same situation!
  • Options
    @gusgus14 good to know, thank you! I realize now how spoiled I am with all the ultrasounds, I had no idea there are normally so few. I was shocked when my old OBGYN's office called to ask if I'd be going back to them for my prenatal care and they said my first visit wouldn't even be until 20wks. My SIL said the same thing. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 yeah I always thought there would be frequent ultrasounds but nope! I got spoiled last year because my kid was difficult to pick up on the doppler so they had to use their portable u/s for a couple of appointments to get the heartbeat and then I paid for an early scan at another place to find out the sex before my anatomy scan! This time I’ll get an u/s every time so they can see which baby has which heartbeat and I have to see the high risk doctor and I know I’ll have one at the first appointment there, not sure after that so I’ll be pretty spoiled again!
  • Options
    @gusgus14 glad you'll have that extra monitoring this time around too, to see more of your little babes! Hope your doc can give you something for your MS too, that sounds miserable. I'm also counting my lucky stars that I still feel good in that dept. It makes me nervous, but I'm certainly not complaining. 

TTC History:

• Options
    @kiki047 thank you! Enjoy not having it! I didn’t have any nausea at all last time or any other symptoms for that matter except for a slight aversion to chicken; completely normal! But I totally get it. That first trimester anxiety/uncertainty is hard to kick. 
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @kiki047 typically the first ultrasound is the dating one, as that's where they make pin down the due date. Not sure how it is different for people going the RE route.
    What I've experienced (and I know every doctor is different) is that they will change your due date if there is a discrepancy of more than 5 days. They told me that's because at that gestational age they are so small a mismeasurment of just a cm of two can change the estimate, the older they get the bigger each average range is and the harder it is to pin down the due date.
    With my younger two the scan was off (one by a week, and one by 5 days) and I had been having irregular cycles. In both cases they had me come in 2 weeks later to recheck and then moved the due date.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 that makes sense, thank you!! My RE hadn't actually seen my scans yet when we last spoke so I have to wait until next week for him to see both the 7w and 9w ultrasound results. Hopefully we'll have more answers at that point. 

TTC History: