April 2021 Moms
Options

October Appointments Thread

(Copying over from Sept since it’s Oct already!)

How was your appointment? What'd they do? Feel free to ask any questions - either leading up to your appointment about what to expect or after your appointment.

Re: October Appointments Thread

• Options
    I have my October appointment on 10/7.  We are doing the genetic screen and will be able to find out the sex!  I hope everything comes back normal.  My husband wants to tell his family the day before the appt, but I kind of want to wait that the tests come back.  I don't care if they judge my decisions so I guess it really doesn't matter.  

I am a little annoyed with my office, I use benedryl sparingly in the evenings to prevent itching on my legs.  They told me this was fine but then later acted like it was bizarre that I was using it.  I usually take it 3 times a week tops and ONLY have one pill in 24 hours.  I feel like there have to be other people out there with more serious allergies taking it throughout the day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rexnie congrats on another little boy!!
  • Options
    congrats @rexnie !! 
  • Options
    Congrats @rexnie!! 💙💙💙
  • Options
    @cagncoo12 I have crazy white coat syndrome too! I like to take my BP at home so that I have a number to throw their way when they look at me with concern - which, by the way, doesn't help me calm down... 
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama, And now, we dance...because the waiting sucks! 

• Options
    Congrats @goldpolkadot - that’s so exciting!! 
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama I totally went in and checked my calendar and then email from my last pregnancy to see how much time it took so I wasn’t let down if it took like 3 weeks or something this time around. They used Counsyl for mine and it took 2 weeks and 2 days in 2018.  The dr had told me it would take a week, and I remember being super antsy for every day that passed beyond that. Fingers crossed yours is processed earlier than you expect!
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot congrats on another boy!!!
  • Options
    I am low key ( well probably more than low key) freaking out about my last appt on October 1st. I just got a call about my test results, the nurse said everything looked good. I sign on to my portal to look at the details and I see that I tested positive for morphine. I have never taken morphine or anything that would be close to morphine. I called back and the nurse made it sound like no big deal, I can retest at my next appt on Oct 30. But it is a BIG deal because I didn’t take any meds. Has this ever happened to anyone??
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama hoping that you get the BW back ASAP! I know it would be so nice to have it all discussed at that appt!

@goldpolkadot yay for boy!!! 
  • Options
    @Mamallamallama, Poppyseed bagels, muffins, or cake? Or anything at all with poppyseed on or in it? It will show up on a drug screen. 
  • Options
    @aisukurimsarang, I literally cannot think of anything. The nurse said no biggie but I’m worried about how they will treat me at my next appt. I’m sure I’m overthinking it but I don’t want my drs to think I would be taking strong drugs. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt that is great news!  I haven’t experienced that personally, but a coworker of mine almost passes out every time (she didn’t mention the GI symptoms but we were at work).
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I haven’t had it happen to me yet but I’ve heard from a lot of people that it makes them feel like that. But yay that you passed!
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt yeah for a great appointment and good fibroid news!  Can’t wait to hear if it’s a boy or a girl!  (I’ll live vicariously through you all who are finding out in the meantime 😊)
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt Glad you passed!  Did you fail the one hour test (sorry if I missed that) or go straight to the three hour?  I had the one hour today.  I brought my glucose monitor with me and checked right before and right after the draw.  Right before I got 168, which is way high but I'm wondering if I might have had sugary soap residue on my hands, because right after I cleaned them with an alcohol pad and got a reading of 138.  They use 135 as the cut-off so I probably failed.  I've done the three hour once before and felt soooo sick so I'm terrified to do it again.  And even if I pass I know I'll have to do it again between 24-28 weeks!  :s

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My appointment is tomorrow (yay!). Weird question but does anyone know if the ultrasound at 13ish weeks is vaginal or over the belly? 
  • Options
    @forevertired my 12 week was transabdominal, so hopefully yours will be too!

@kadeephd yes, I failed the 1 hour so I had to do the 3 hour. It was pretty awful; I really don't want to do it again!