February 2021 Moms

September & October Appointments

2»

Re: September & October Appointments

• @manditchka24 Wow, that is stressful! You seem to be handling it all in stride, though! Do you have a Kindle? iPad with Netflix? Let us know if you'd like some recs for good reading or binge watching! As boring as it sounds, I really hope you're chilling at the hospital waiting for baby for a long time still! Sending you all the good vibes.
  • Loading the player...
  • @manditchka24 yay for 23 weeks and for the update! Glad you’re settling in and hopefully it’s for the long haul with a great outcome! 
  • @earlgrey_honey I hope everything works out for you! I can't imagine the stress. Prayers that everything is ok with your little one!

@manditchka24 it sucks that you have to spend the rest of your pregnancy in the hospital! Hope everything goes smoothly until that precious baby is here!
  • Thanks everyone!
    @hannahbananas11 yes recommendations would be great! I have Netflix, prime, hbo max and a kindle. Any and all recommendations are appreciated! Right now I’m watching Breaking Bad and Schitts creek.
  • @manditchka24 I would love to make some reccs! What are you into? True crime? Documentary? Romcoms? 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @manditchka24 I can’t recommend anything better than Schitt’s Creek. That show is the greatest of all time. What season are you on? 

Planet Earth (the newer series) is excellent. Basically anything with David Attenborough.

If you’re into over-the-top reality, Selling Sunset is hilariously dramatic.

• Thanks for the help with recommendations! I like dramas like Law and Order and all of the Chicago Fire/Med/PD etc. I like Real Housewives type reality. Right now lighthearted comedy is good too.

I actually really didn't like Schitt's Creek when my husband and I first tried it a few months ago. People kept saying how good it was so we kept watching, but still just couldn't get the appeal.....this week I just needed something easy and light, so I tried it again and its finally getting some small laughs out of my, so I'm going to keep giving it a try! I'm still on season 1, I think.
  • @manditchka24 we love NCIS.  I’m not sure where you can get all the seasons though. We are also watching a Schitts creek and I hated it in the beginning and it’s only gotten marginally better for me. I cannot stand the mom.  There was a pretty good Canadian drama show of similar style that we loved. I will have to ask H what it was called. I think it’s on HBO. You could also watch movies (maybe that’s just me ready for Christmas movies 🙈)
  • @manditchka24 I love Blacklist and criminal minds on netflix. Reality tv has been mostly 90 day fiance for me. I really like taco chronicles and street food on netflix for quiet relaxing non-watching. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @manditchka24 - My most recent guilty pleasures for binge watching are Lucifer and Criminal Minds. And it's almost terrible holiday romance movie season! 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @manditchka24 all of the original NCIS is on Netflix and the Canadian show is called Flashpoint but he said he thought it was on Netflix and I don’t see it there now. 
  • Had my 24 wk growth US with MFM yesterday. Everything looked great. Sugars are still perfect. They offered to let me do my 28 wk US at my OB since everything's on track but I declined. My stepmom went with and was super fascinated at the process. She's an OR nurse so she knew what a lot of things on the screen were, but had no idea that US were that detailed (she only had 1 US total between her 3 PG back in the day). DH and I expected her to cry, we were disappointed she didn't  :D lol General OB follow-up on 11/3. Meeting a different doc this time. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @manditchka24 Emily In Paris on Netflix is quick, light hearted episodes. People either hate it or love it- I was indifferent, but def would watch if they get a second season. I heard Selling Sunset is a Bravo-like series too!
  • @manditchka24 my husband and I have tried schitts creek twice and we still can’t get into it. I don’t know why. 
  • @manditchka24 shows to check out:
    The Following: Kevin Bacon investigates a cult leader, dark crime drama, a bit violent
    Revenge: high society scandal and deceit

Books that are lighter reads:
    Only when it's us, Chloe Liese. Rom com (but I cried a bunch)
    The Unhoneymooners, Christina Lauren. rom com (laughed out loud)
    Shiver, Maggie Stiefvater.  Werewolf series, high school characters
  • Just got back from the endocrinologist. I forgot to get my bloodwork done so we didn’t have much to talk about 🤦‍♀️ However.... this is the third time I have been there with the new Covid rules (they meet you downstairs in the lobby and take your temperature and then you go up to the office) and this is the first time the tech asked me if I wanted to take the elevator. I’m only 6 months pregnant! I told her I would take the stairs. I’m sure she was just being nice but now I can’t help but feel like I look like a massive pregnant woman. 

Then, I asked her to put in a refill for my Metformin ER, she was typing away and she asked, “regular metformin, or the extended release?”  I said the extended release and she was like “hmmm someone discontinued that”. Apparently some mystery person went into my electronic medical file and changed my Metformin ER 500mg 2x/day to regular Metformin 500mg 1x/day. There is a name associated with who made the change but neither the endocrinologist nor I have any idea who it is. It’s not someone who works in that office and not any of my other medical providers. I tried googling the name and nothing came up. It is maybe someone at the pharmacy, but why would they change my medication and dosage without calling the prescribing physician?  So weird. The endo office is going to call the pharmacy and see if they are the ones who made the change. They had originally called to see if maybe it was a part of the recall that happened but the pharmacy said no. The office is part of a large hospital system so I guess it’s possible any provider in the system could have changed my record by accident?  But I don’t exactly have a common last name. Kind of creepy and I’m wondering how secure the system is. 
  • @moguippy that is super annoying about the Metformin and I think it would bother me for all the same reasons. So odd. 
  • Had a growth check up ultrasound today as well as a cervical check. Cervix is fine but baby is measuring about a week behind so they want me back in four weeks. So now we wait and see. I have a regular check up next week so I'm sure they'll mention something about it then. I don't think my other two ever measure behind so not really sure what's 'normal'.