February 2021 Moms
Options

September & October Appointments

Use this thread to discuss upcoming appointments in September & October! Questions? News? Tests? Did you find out gender this month? Tell us about it! 

Me: 31 Husby: 36
Married May 2014
TTC # 2  Since December 2021
Baby girl W born 2/2021
Our journey so far...
(tw loss & infertility)
Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
Working with an RE since March 2016
2 failed TI cycles
3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
BFP 4.21.17
MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
1.1.20 Homestudy process started
3.14.20 First social worker visit
5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

Re: September & October Appointments

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @birdiejo :lol::lol::lol: That is PERFECT! LOL 
  • Options
    @birdiejo oh my gosh!! My ultrasound tech calls those the halloween pics  :D
  • Options
    @birdiejo lol I got a picture like that too and I go oh creepy alien! Then said I shouldn’t say that about my baby and the tech goes no face pics are always creepy 😆

I had my follow up ultrasound on Tuesday and they STILL could not get a picture of baby’s heart. Baby boy likes to lay on his stomach and refused to flip over. She was jabbing me with the transducer for a good 30 mins to try to get him to flip. It actually hurt pretty bad. On the plus side I get to see him again in 4 weeks when we try again. Normally my office does only 1 ultrasound at 20 weeks and that’s it, but this will be my 4th thanks to my baby being wiggly.
  • Options
    Trigger warning

I had my 20 week scan yesterday. Baby looked great! My cervix on the other hand is shortening and narrowing (had a cervical check at 16+4 and it was fine). I spent the day in L and D having additional testing and ended up with a pessary, vaginal progesterone and serious activity restrictions (basically as close as they get to bed rest these days at my hospital, and I am at risk that my job won’t be able to accommodate my restrictions) for the remainder of the pregnancy. The membranes were intact but prolapsing into the cervix, they thought I could be contracting (although none were picked up on the monitor), and I have a connective tissue disorder that can weaken the cervix, so they felt doing a cerclage was too risky for rupturing the membranes and/or tearing my cervix.

Needless to say things are pretty touch and go right now, so I might not be as active on here until I feel more confident that baby will make it here safely.

Good luck to everyone! Hoping to be back here baby prepping with you all again shortly!
  • Options
    Oh wow @manditchka24 I’ll be thinking of you. I’m so sorry for all this stress! Please keep us posted. 
  • Options
    @manditchka24 how scary! Please rest and keep that kiddo cookin!
  • Options
    @manditchka24 Praying that you and your baby get the rest you need to keep baby growing!
  • Options
    @manditchka24 praying for you and baby- Keep on resting up! I’m sorry that you’re dealing with this. Keep us updated if you feel the need!
  • Options
    babyturtle22babyturtle22 member
    edited October 2020
    @manditchka24 so sorry you're having to deal with this. Will be thinking about you and hoping for the best for you and your baby! 
  • Options
    @manditchka24 wow, that is scary to go through that. I'm sending good vibes to you, and hoping that everything turns out okay!
  • Options
    @manditchka24 take care of yourself and let us know if we can support you in anyway! 
  • Options
    My 20 week visit/ultra sound is Oct 14th. I think they mentioned the anatomy scan. 

I just had my first braxton hicks contraction. I don't think its the first, I think all the other times something else was happening and I thought it was something else (bloating or indigestion). I also think I've been having them in my sleep for awhile now. They feel like, an entirely different sensation in my abdomen. It didn't hurt but it didn't feel great either. Progress is progress.
  • Options
    @manditchka24 praying that everything calms down for you and baby stays safe inside. 
  • Options
    TW: spotting and a prior MC mentioned

I had brown spotting with some small clots Friday night, which completely freaked me out (after my MC, any spotting during pregnancy is very scary to me). I called the on-call nurse line and they had me come in to get checked out. They did a non-stress test, and baby’s heartbeat was steady in the 150s, and they didn’t detect any contractions. So they sent me home after about 45 minutes of monitoring, and want me to schedule an US with my regular OB sometime this week to check on the placenta and the cervix. Meanwhile they suggested that I take it easy, and no sex.
    I’m really nervous. I haven’t had spotting since Friday night, but the last time I had sex was a week ago, so I’m not even sure what would’ve caused blood. From Dr. Google, it sounds like any kind of spotting after the first trimester is concerning if it’s not tied to intercourse or a pelvic exam. My OB is out until the end of this week, but I hope they can get me in with the other OB in her practice ASAP, because I really want closure.
    Luckily baby girl is moving constantly, so at least I have constant reassurance that she’s still okay.
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11  so stressful, I’m so sorry that you’re experiencing this! I know how PGAL brain is. Hopefully you can get in ASAP with another OB just for some closure like you said. 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for the stress!! @hannahbananas11 I hope they get you in quick and everything is just fine! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 Fingers crossed you can be seen super quickly and there is nothing to be concerned about!! 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Options
    @hannahbananas11 that is scary! I hope they can get you in soon and I hope it ends up being a fluke ❤️
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I'm so sorry, that sounds so stressful. Crossing my fingers that you get some answers soon and that it is nothing.  <3
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 hoping you can see the dr soon and that it’s nothing!
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 hopefully they will squeeze you in with the other ob because pgal is the worst mind game! That is reassuring that baby girl is still being active!
  • Options
    I had my monthly ultrasound with the MFM yesterday. I had an ultrasound tech that I’ve never had before and I loved her!  I don’t like the regular tech (she just rubs me the wrong way... figuratively bc that sounds weird). This lady was super knowledgeable, talked just enough but not too much and was reassuring. She did say the echogenic bowel is still there. She said it’s not as bad as some others she has seen so that’s good. When she did the profile shot she showed me that part of the umbilical cord was right in front of his nose and turned on the blood flow color thing so that was really cool. She wanted to assure me that baby didn’t have some sort of growth on his face.  Baby is in the 57th percentile and still measuring a few days ahead. Already 1lb7oz! The MFM dr came in and I thought he would talk about last months anatomy scan since he wasn’t there, but basically came in and only asked about my thyroid and sugars and then left. H still can’t come to any ultrasounds so that’s a bummer. 
  • Options
    TW: PROM, Pre Viable Rupture of Membrane

So..... Monday morning at 2:30 am my water broke. I am only 20 weeks pregnant. My 20 week ultrasound was scheduled for  today, Tuesday October 13. Sometime on Monday between 2 different sonograms I went from having  an amazingly normal level of amniotic fluid to almost none. We are now trying to figure out next steps. I wanted to let everyone know, because I will definitely fall off on my posting. Thanks for all the support so far ladies and in case I am really MIA good luck with the rest of your journeys.
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 - I really hope they can get you in soon. Like @babymamadimo said, PGAL is a terrible mind game =( Do what you can to relax, and know we're all thinking of you!

@moguippy - I'm glad you had a tech you liked! Having a great care team can 1000% make all of the difference. What other plans/options are they exploring for you guys, or is it still just a "wait and see"?

@earlgrey_honey - I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. We'll definitely be thinking of you =( Let us know what they figure out when you can, but I totally understand if you're MIA in the meantime. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @earlgrey_honey I am so sorry you are going through that. We are here for you if you feel up for it. 

@WildMagelet we are pretty much waiting and seeing. We declined the amnio. H got a blood test to see if he is a carrier for any of the anemias since my bloodwork said I might be. He’s not a carrier. 
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey Oh gosh. I'm so sorry you're going through that. Sending you all of my hugs and prayers. :heart:
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey oh no!! Thinking of you. Please take care and keep us posted when you can. 
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey so sorry to hear what you are going through and totally understand not posting. Update us if you feel like it. In the meantime, I’ll be thinking of you  <3
  • Options
    babyturtle22babyturtle22 member
    edited October 2020
    @earlgrey_honey so sorry you're going through this, I'll be thinking of you and you can always come on here for support 💜 

@moguippy thats nice you had a better ultrasound tech, it makes a big difference if they can let you know what's going on while they are doing it and have good bedside manner. Glad baby is growing well! 
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey ❤️ internet hugs to you. We are here if you need support but understand if you are absent. 

@moguippy I'm glad you had a great tech for your US ❤️
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey I am so sorry. Lots of hugs and prayers for you and your little one! 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Options
    Had my follow up anatomy scan to get pictures of the spine and hands on Tuesday. All looks good. Baby is VERY active. this one is gonna be so much more wild than my son LOL.
    My fasting sugar is a hot mess. Had to up my medicine again. I am so frustrated by that. My daily numbers are fine/good unless i eat something I know i shouldn't have (which isn't very often) but we will see. I go back in a month 
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 glad you got a good scan!
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 - Glad you had a good scan. Sorry to hear your fasting #s are out of whack =( Luckily mine have all been diet-controlled, but I'm so over the finger-sticks (4x/day for 3 months so far, another 3.5 to goooo)
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @earlgrey_honey Take care of yourself and keep us updated when you can! Sending prayers to you and your little one! 
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey prayers and hugs your way.

@manditchka24 prayers and hugs your way also.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Late to this post but here's our info. We had our first ultrasound (finally!) Oct st, baby 3 is another girl. Because of complications with my cervix 8 yrs ago, they wanted to check at that ultrasound and a week later to make sure all was well then scheduled me for a 4 week ultrasound to make sure baby is developing on schedule. So I had a regular check up on the 8th followed immediately by an ultrasound. All was well and cervical wise, we are on track. I have that 4 week ultrasound to check baby's measurements on the 29th. 
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey hoping for a good update for you and praying that your team has a good plan. ♥️