Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.)

If there is anyone due in Week 4+, who wants to take this over, please let me know.

Re: Week 4+ (05/22/21-05/31/21) Check-in w/o 09/27

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM (1 girl almost 4yo)
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Will find out asap
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peppercorn
    Upcoming appointments: October 19 is my first appointment
    How are you feeling?: my stomach is so huge I feel like I'm eight months pregnant.
    Rants/Raves: like everyone else (who hasn't gotten one yet) I'm just so anxious for that first appointment
    Questions: none right now
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) I couldn't decide - I love reading, but also I love television. I will say the longer the better - I love serials. One-offs annoy me.

If there is anyone due in Week 4+, who wants to take this over, please let me know.: I can do it! 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6+1
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a ladybug
    Upcoming appointments: First appointment is OCT 13
    How are you feeling?: pretty good.  Already having round ligament pain which i thought didn't come until way later.  more irritable than usual
    Rants/Raves: I saw my PCP Friday and she wont see me again until after delivery because MFM will manage my diabetes.  I'm a little frustrated that my OB is making me wait to 8 weeks.  I guess they'll refer me to MFM on my first appointment.
    Questions: none that I can think of
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) Probably podcasts.  I can listen to them while driving or taking a bath, so it's nice to listen uninterrupted.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4 weeks 5 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM (1 girl, turned 2 last week)
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Will find out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I haven’t even started looking at baby size yet

Upcoming appointments: I’ll call to schedule my first appointment today

How are you feeling?: pretty well, but it still very early for me.
    Rants/Raves: Ready for my first appointment to be scheduled and get to actually see my OB

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) I couldn't Love to read, and I enjoy a good TV series. I will rewatch a series many times. 
  • @queen_frostinereally just have to comment like i LOVE your username.  she was always my favorite!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    May 23rd/6+1
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a sweet pea
    Upcoming appointments: October 9th
    How are you feeling?: so so tired.  cramping, sore boobs, and a few smells are starting to bother me but no nausea yet
    Rants/Raves: no major rants! as a rave i'm actually pretty pleased with myself for staying relatively calm and not getting too stressed out or anxious, especially being PGAL.  that being said, some days are harder than others to manage this.
    Questions: got a sharp shooting pain on my right side yesterday while i was still laying in bed.  almost like a pulsing, but didnt last for longer than a minute or two and hasnt been back since.  much too early for round ligament pain right?
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) TV because it's easier to enjoy in small spurts.  with movies and books i feel like i need to commit more blocks of time and i can't get into podcasts

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5w1d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM (have a 2 year old boy)
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: dot snail
    Upcoming appointments: US on Oct 12
    How are you feeling?: my symptoms went away yesterday, so freaking out a little bit 
    Rants/Raves: honestly, the symptoms disappearance is fully absorbing my mind at the moment 😬
    Questions: I’d love to hear stories from people who had nausea go away at 5w, but all is well.
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) - books and TV shows
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Hi! Just intro'd, making my way over here from TTGP (that has been my home for the last 2.5 years).

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A lavender bud - I plucked one off our lavender bush yesterday and presented it to MH in my hand to show him the size of our little babe :lol:  

Upcoming appointments: Like everyone else, I'm ultimately just waiting for 7/8 wks to confirm a HB. Was disappointed my RE doesn't do an US to check for a gestational sac like some other REs do. Instead we have two more follow-up beta tests this week then hopefully we can book our first US.

How are you feeling?: Good, for the most part! Like I mentioned in my intro, we did IVF so I'm on a lot of hormones to help sustain this pregnancy so I know a lot of my symptoms are, in part, due to the medications. No nausea to speak of, and my energy levels are pretty good until about 10pm then I just fade. I have a ton of symptoms but nothing out of the ordinary. Have already had to buy new bras though! 

Rants/Raves: Rant: We told my dad this morning, and his reaction was pretty underwhelming. Thanks to Covid we've been mostly self-isolating lately but we were tested on Thursday and it came back negative. People still don't really want to come near us though, partly because they know we're at a higher risk and partly because they're worried we could actually be sick. He knew we had the FET a couple weeks ago so it's not as though this was any surprise but maybe I had too many expectations that he'd at least give us an air hug or something
    Rave: I guess just that the aforementioned covid test came back negative so we can come out of quarantine. I got tested because I failed the screening at my ND's office because I've had pink-eye twice in the last 2 weeks, and MH needed a negative test in order to return to work (seniors home). We're cleared though, and it appears to be unrelated. OH, and the new (bigger) wireless bra I ordered on Amazon came yesterday and it's SO comfortable and my swollen, aching boobalas can breathe a sigh of relief that they're not being squished to death anymore. 

Questions: As a FTM I have a million questions but none that are particularly pertinent right now... My biggest question is whether to go with a midwife or OB. All the Drs I've talked to have stressed that I should be working with a "professional" (eyeroll) obstetrician, especially after IVF and for this being our first, but everything I believe in fits exactly in line with what midwives stand for. So I'm torn. 

GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) Streaming TV, only because I'm impatient and want to be able to watch entire seasons/series in a row without having to wait a week between episodes. There aren't many shows we watch on cable, we're usually a year or two behind waiting for it to come out on Netflix. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 Check with your local hospitals to see if they allow midwives.  If you plan on delivering in a hospital, sometimes you can have both.  Or a doula and OBGYN.  Just something to consider.  Or even calling a midwife practice to ask the question if they work with OBGYNs, and what there protocol is if complications arise.

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @mkc3888 Thank you. The practice I'm looking at does have access rights to our hospital of choice, and while they're not a combo practice and don't have any specific OBGYNs they work with, I know they do refer your care back to an OB of any complications arise. A doula/OB would be another option, I just like the prospect of having someone dedicated who would be with me through the whole process, and I love that midwives offer PP care as well as BF consultation. Lots to think about! 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @FuzzyDust
    My symptoms went away Saturday (week 4 day 6) and I was like WTF. But Sunday I took another test and the line was a lot darker than a week before, which is my only way of measuring hcg increases. They came back. Then one of my "congratulations you're five weeks pregnant" apps mentioned symptoms coming and going. So... it's normal. But also normal to freak out! (at least I did). I think part of it is natural fluctuation of hormones but also partly you get used to managing them, even unconsciously.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green - we found out with our first but trying to be surprised this time
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: popping fire cracker
    Upcoming appointments: Oct 19th video call
    How are you feeling?: good
    Rants/Raves: Having no symptoms really and trying not to stress it, with my son I had few symptoms early on as well so holding onto that. 
    Questions: stm+ when did you start to show the second time around?
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) Streaming tv
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6weeks 4days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We are finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lentil
    Upcoming appointments: Oct 9th 
    How are you feeling?: good
    Rants/Raves: Finally got my viability appointment set up! Just need to see the heartbeat to relieve some anxiety.
    Questions: non
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) Audio books though i havent had much time lately.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Liz101015 I believe i started to show around 5mths with my second 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kiki047 Lurking from week 3. Check the hospitals around you. The one we ended up at (had planned on birthing center) is actually almost entirely midwives unless there's a complication at which point they call in the OB on call. It's becoming more common for birthing wings to have midwives be your main point of contact during labor. 
  • @lilnessi likewise, anxiously awaiting that first US to see a HB. It's looking like MH might not be able to come with me so my own heart is sinking for him already. 

@SkilledSailor that's a great idea, I didn't even think of that. Thank you. It turns out my hospital of choice is one of the leaders in our province for having an integrated birth doula program, so while not quite the same as a midwife it is still a step-up from only working with an OB who may or may not even be the one who will deliver my baby (more than likely not). So that's a start! 

TTC History: