Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what?

Re: All due date check in week of 9.21

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 2, so 12+3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink :) Found out after the IVF transfer

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I think a plum? Was WAY more involved in looking at that part of the app with my son!

Upcoming appointments: None until 16 weeks, so a whole month longer.. 

How are you feeling?: Actually fine! Sort of tired and no energy for work but it is what it is, just happy the nausea has passed.

Rants/Raves: Ranting about the constant peeing I'm doing! I pee LITERALLY 6 times a night before I fall asleep, it's the worst!

Questions: A million little ones but none that I can even remember right now!

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? Changes way too much, but lately Ablaze by Alanis Morissette is a new fav!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 21/ 9w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a water bottle cap

Upcoming appointments: NT/ US on 10/7 - can it be here now please???

How are you feeling?: pretty fine actually - I had some nausea this weekend and pretty bad insomnia which always leads to the hungover without alcohol feeling, but generally feeling pretty good. Having some indigestion when I eat too much/too fast but I don't think that's baby related...

Rants/Raves: I would just love to fast forward to my US so that I can know everything is still going well! I know I've said it a ton but this experience has been way more taxing on my mental health than I ever expected it to be. Trying to be calm and accept that whatever is going to happen is going to happen but I HATE not having control!!!

Questions: Has anyone used one of those iPhone doppler apps? Seems like a total scam but I'm also intrigued...Or has anyone purchased a doppler and is it worth it?

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what?: Apropos of today - September by Earth, Wind, and Fire! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 21, 9+5 (going with this date since the 4/19 date is too early based on my chart but that's what they're using as LMP-based due date)

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cherry

Upcoming appointments: Blood work likely end of this week or beginning of next, then nothing until early October

How are you feeling?: Ugh.

Rants/Raves: Work is hectic but I'm kind of glad that it's overlapping with feeling crappy so that it goes by faster. Getting so excited to move in November.

Questions: None that I can think of right now.

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? There are probably quite a few but none come to mind right now. 

@anarmillay92918 I don't have any experience with the dopplers myself. Moms in past BMBs have used them but I don't recall anyone getting the apps to work. The thing with the dopplers is that it's hard to get a good reading until you're further along and essentially out of the woods anyways. AND it can cause more anxiety if you can't find it b/c it's difficult to do so when they're so small. That being said, I know moms who've used them for multiple kids and they love it. It's kind of like the owlet sock - you have to know your personality to know if it'd be helpful or harmful to you.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    5/1, 8 +2

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (number 4)

GREEN all the way - we did that last time and that was the best surprise I’ve ever had in life. I highly recommend it if you’re on the fence. 

A pistachio 

Upcoming appointments:
    None until 10/12

How are you feeling?:
    Nauseous, exhausted and short-fused

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: ILs are here for the day
    Rave: I had afternoon meetings and so far have been able to avoid them entirely!

Questions:
    If you’re having genetic testing done, how early is your OB letting you do it?  Mine won’t until 11 weeks. 

Eesh I have no idea?  If I am in a bad mood, there is probably no song that is going to fix that. Our little guy really likes un éléphant qui se balancer so maybe that?

@eahayes glad you’re feeling better!
    @anarmillay92918 it’s always so nerve wracking while you wait to have those first couple early u/s, isn’t it?
    @kvh22 yeah team green!
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I'm not having it done but I have heard that for the sex, NIPT at 10 weeks is way less accurate than at 11 weeks. I do a different sequential blood test + nuchal translucency.

I thought of a question. Since we're moving, I will be delivering at a (semi) unknown hospital. Is the general consensus that they are NOT doing hospital tours? I think I'm fine with that I just want to know where to park and where exactly to go. We HAVE been to this hospital's ER multiple times to get the girls rabies shots (long story involving a bat) while visiting my mom last year but I'd just like to know the fastest way to L&D and best place to park. Maybe they're doing virtual tours? I'm pretty laid back the 3rd time around but would rather not be running around the hospital, moving the car, etc. if labor goes as quickly as I expect.

10 weeks today

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Finding out

Strawberry (but I assume it’s a small one!)

Upcoming appointments:
    October 6

How are you feeling?:
    Bleh. I’m exhausted and like @bblair24 I am ready for food to not seem like such a chore. 

Rants/Raves:
    Drinking the fancier distilled with electrolytes water seems to be okay enough for my overly sensitive stomach. I guess I’m just buying bottled water for a while. I guess that’s a rant and a rave since I’ve been really struggling to keep water down for weeks. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? Hmm, maybe Kiss by Prince? That’s a song I can’t pass up, or really most of his songs! 
  • @anarmillay92918, Ive used a doppler with my last two pregnacies. I waited until I was sure I'd hear the HB (about 13w, and 16w) so it wouldn't cause anxiety. It helped immensely until I was feeling regular movement. Just beware using it too soon can cause you unnecessary anxiety, and just because you find a HB, doesn't mean everything is fine and groovy. ALWAYS CALL YOUR OB/MW OF SOMETHING IS OFF. 

PS, I totally set our wedding date as Sept 21 for that song. We had to postpone due to COVID-19, but I think I'm still going for Sept 21, just maybe in 2022.
  • edited September 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 16, 10w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: 4tm (hopefully) 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: I want Green, since I did that with DD and was thrilled. But DH wants Finding Out, so we'll find out. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Golden Snitch 

Upcoming appointments: 10/5 Genetic Counseling (NIPT and NT), 10/7 12w OB

How are you feeling?: Fine. Bitch, vaguely nauseated, and exhausted. But mostly fine. 

Rants/Raves: I'm actually ok

Questions: Negative, Ghost Rider 

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? You mean I have to pick just one??? There are a ton, and since I can't choose just one, I'm going to randomly shuffle my phone play lists. Screw it, the entire Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol 1(Edit for spelling, and a side note: Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings will also do it) 

Particularly this one:

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/29, 8+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Phone appt/bloodwork order 10/2; in person not until 10/23

How are you feeling?: Some days are really fine, and other days are terrible! I'm trying to figure out if it's related to hydration levels more than anything else. I've also been able to eat some vegetables again so that's a good thing!

Rants/Raves: DD started her second year of preschool yesterday and loved it! I'm so glad she gets to go in-person, it's so good for her!

Questions:

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince; "Young Americans" by David Bowie; "Ms. Fat Booty" by Mos Def; "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake
  • @kvh22 FWIW I never did a hospital tour or a birthing class or anything of the sort with either of my previous successful pregnancies. It was fine. 
    @goldpolkadot I had a very slight umbilical hernia after my last pregnancy, but I had it surgically repaired just about a year ago. I am scared that it won’t hold this time around. 😬 Also if you go the route of repair and like your belly button, I would have an in-depth conversation with your surgeon about how your post-surgery belly button will compare. I hate mine now. 
    @bblair I am with you on nothing sounding great to eat. 
    @theletlers I am sorry you’re struggling to keep water down. I haven’t puked yet, but can vividly recalled puking all day, every day from week 7-17 with my first pregnancy and I feel for you. 
    @aisukurimsarang MH asked to find out this time, too, since we were green with the last. I told him no way. 😂
    @riff323 that’s great she gets to do school in-person. I am looking forward to when mine aren’t 100% virtual. 
  • @kvh22 the hospital at which I intend to give birth is only doing virtual tours which is a bummer but understandable! Hopefully the hospitals near your new home will do the same!

@aisukurimsarang I'm sorry your wedding had to be postponed but what an exciting event to look forward to in 2022! That song is my mom's favorite and she insisted that we get a trumpet section for our wedding band specifically so she could dance to it lol.  Also I love that your baby is the size of a snitch - HP is my fave!

Side note: I downloaded some jenky iPhone dopplers yesterday for fun and they are TERRIBLE! I think I'm just going to have to live in the unknown for another 2 weeks - UGH. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/26, 9w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: I want to find out, MH doesn't (we're finding out)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a blackberry 

Upcoming appointments: genetics counseling in 3 weeks

How are you feeling?: Meh...pretty crappy. 

Rants/Raves: We got to see the little bean yesterday! Everything is looking good and right on schedule so far. 

Questions: Has anyone had a fibroid that caused any problems with your pregnancy previously?

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? Hmm...I made this question and its hard lol. Probably "I Can't Help Falling In Love"; its the song MH and I danced to at our wedding. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w today

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry

Upcoming appointments: nothing until 10/2

How are you feeling?: So crappy. I hope the end of the nausea is near.

Rants/Raves: Hubs is driving me nuts. I desperately need time away from him and the kids. I'm a loner and pretty extreme introvert so all of the togetherness is REALLY wearing me down. I feel bad that I'm constantly snapping at him but he just does not understand that I need alone time. And there is no where to go to get away. We have plenty of space in our house where I can separate myself but it is just not the same as knowing that I am physically alone and no one is going to drop in and start talking to me/bothering me/judging me for napping, eating, reading, etc. I wish I could just go on vacation somewhere by myself for 2 days.

Questions: Insurance won't cover all the recommended carrier screenings. Does anyone have experience with this? I want to get what the doctor recommends (which was everything except the Ashkenazi screening for us) but I don't have the foggiest idea how I'd do this without insurance. I don't want to pay OOP. 

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? Oh, I like lots of different kinds of music but traditional happy music for me is probably oldies. Like "My Girl" and what not. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 my OB wanted mine done at 12 weeks. I was reading that the accuracy increases if done at 11 weeks or later, so maybe thats why?
  • @bbrahmbhatt, what kind of fibroid? I have breast fibroadenomas. They swell with hormones so are obviously messed up when I’m pregnant. My previous OB didn’t really do much with it - I’ve had them for probably 11 or 12 years now. For four years I had ultrasounds done of them so they could monitor the sizes. After DD1 was born, they were concerned about the size and did a needle biopsy (which I had had done before) and they pierced a milk duct. I told them I was sure it was just swollen because of breastfeeding but they didn’t believe me. I ended up with an abscess. 😬
  • @bblair24 I have a fibroid at the fundus of my uterus. My OB said it's in an overall favorable position as far as causing issues. However, if the placenta implants over it, it could potentially limit blood flow and cause growth issues. Of course I freaked out, but she said not to worry about it right now since everything looks great and that it is something that they will keep an eye on. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt ooh I don’t know anything about uterine fibroids! I’m glad your OB wasn’t concerned about it. Hopefully it’ll stay out of the way and not interfere with anything! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9+5, ETD of 4/20

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: I think we will find out with genetic testing in a few weeks.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Still small! I forgot what it said last week for my check in.

Upcoming appointments: Had one yesterday. Praise the Lord for just one baby with a strong heartbeat!

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Nausea is a little less today (Probably because I keep shoving pizza in my mouth), but I caught a cold from my daughter. Sipping tea and hoping to feel better soon.

Rants/Raves: I decided to switch OBs and my new one seems so lovely! I am really excited. We immediately connected over Peloton and just loving to be outdoors/running. She is older and has three kids so can relate to my life right now. And she didn't freak me out about being 36 and having a 4th since I'm in good health.

Questions:

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? I love oldies music and Daydream Believer by the Monkees always makes me smile. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @bbrahmbhatt that was our wedding song, too <3 I think I listened to every version of it a hundred times and I loved the Twenty One Pilots version so our DJ got that one for us to dance to. I feel like it's such a classic but not overdone. You're actually the first other person I've heard say it was their wedding song even though it's generally on a lot of the lists.

4/17 & 10+4

FTM/STM/STM+:
    3TM

Finding Out

Baby is the size of a strawberry and weighs as much as a quarter. 

Upcoming appointments:
    Today, 9/23!

How are you feeling?: 
    Fine mostly, more tired some days but grateful the nausea has stayed away the past couple weeks. 

Rants/Raves:
    Finally getting my groove back balancing homeschooling and keeping up with the house now that I’m feeling better. My house has been a disaster while the nausea was so bad! I did nothing but the kids schooling (in bed)! Lol. 

Questions:

Lately, nothing.. and I normally love music! I’m in the same boat as @juliebird6 with wanting some uninterrupted alone time! I’m a bit of a loner (Happily :D )too so I totally get it. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 4/8+1

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: weight of a paper clip

Upcoming appointments: mid October

How are you feeling?: Not bad... nausea if I don't eat often enough and SO tired but my other kids don't sleep so who knows if its pregnancy or not 😆

Rants/Raves: my kids ALL slept through the night last night which never happens but the smoke detector went off at 3am saying low battery. Even with changing the batteries multiple times, resetting, etc. Would NOT stop. We finally disconnected the whole thing... and I couldn't fall back asleep til 5. Whyyyy on the rare night everyone sleeps 😡

Questions: none

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? Some that come to mind: Living Hope by Phil Wickham, Runnin Outta Moonlight by Randy Houser, Get Your Shine On by Florida Georgia Line (the second and third take me back to our newlywed days when we lived in Florida... some of my favorite times to remember!)
  • @runsoncoffee oh my gosh I would have ended up smashing the smoke detector!!!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 12, 11+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lime

Upcoming appointments: BP check with OB next Thursday, waiting to hear from MFM on an appointment for NT scan... but it has to be in the next two weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Overall good, but constipated. I could be in a stool softener commercial and definitely wouldn't need a script. 

Rants/Raves: Love that i'm feeling good and starting to have more energy... but also it makes me nervous! 

Questions:

GTKY: What song can always put a smile on your face, no matter what? When You Come Back Down- Nickel Creek, but also love me some old school Rascall Flatts, Ray LaMontagne, Disney songs that we can sing super loud, basically i just love music. 
  • @cagncoo12 I'm so glad you're starting to feel better! It gives me hope. Even with 2 prior pregnancies I need to hear about a light at the end of the tunnel. I read morning sickness usually peaks at 9 weeks and I've been feeling mildly better (at 10 weeks today just not feeling like I'm going to actually throw up) so hoping for more energy by next week 🤞

• @kvh22 yes, I didn't know anyone else who has that song either! We used the Kina Grannis version. I actually walked down the aisle to the intro/instrumental part, and then we danced to that song. I like all the versions, but that one is my favorite. 

I'm glad to hear that the nausea should be letting up in the next week or two. Has anyone else's breast tenderness slowly abated? It's definitely lessened for me, thankfully. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt my breast tenderness has let up too! They still hurt, but not as bad as before. I'm with you on looking for the nausea to lessen!
  • @BuckeyeNut05  I did my NIPT on Sunday so I was 11+6 (I could have done it any time that week but was too busy to run over there and do the blood work). 

@kvh22 hospitals around me are all doing virtual tours. Check their website and they should have info. 
  • @cagncoo12 so exciting!! congrats!!
  • @cagncoo12 congratulations!! ❤️
  • @cagncoo12 awww yeah a little girl!  ❤️ Congrats!  Also always nice when you can reuse some of the baby things. 
  • @cagncoo12 Congrats!  so nice that you do not have to go out and buy a ton of new stuff!

We have our appointment to get genetic testing on 10/7, once that is out of the way I will feel a million times better about things.  We are telling my dad tomorrow and part of me is worried something bad is going to come up in that test.  I don't want to get people excited over nothing!  

I'm going to be about 11 weeks tomorrow and I think I finally felt a hint of morning sickness today.  I think it could have been induced by anxiety because I was upset about something trivial.  

I also have another question for anyone with bad allergies.  My legs were so dry and itchy last week.  I started taking 1 benedryl every 24 hours before I go to bed.  Is taking it every night too much?  I do not think I will take it tomorrow night or Saturday if I can hold off.  It seems pretty harmless online but since its technically a 'drug' I am still so paranoid and feel guilty.
  • Thanks All! 

@Ibonista I would just confirm with your doctor that they are comfortable with that. I take a 24 hr clariton every night to help, and my doctor ok'd that for all trimesters, but i know there are drugs that they suggest you don't take till second trimester on. 
  • @cagncoo12 💗 yay!!! Congrats!

@lbonista I’d probably call your OB and see if they think it’s safe to take Benadryl daily for itchiness. I actually had to take it daily during my first pregnancy, but it wasn’t until my third trimester and it was to help slow down contractions. I know most medications seem to be the most risky during the first trimester because baby is growing all it’s parts still. But if your skin is still really itchy maybe even just a topical cream like a hydrocortisone or an eczema lotion would help take the itch away without putting too much medicine into your body? You can try an oatmeal bath can calm dry itchy skin too, or lavender oil is good too. Just a few thoughts! 
  • Does any one else have any shortness of breath? I'm not overweight/out of shape, but lately I've been getting winded from literally just walking up a flight of stairs or talking during a leisurely walk around the block. I don't normally have allergies, but I guess I have been sneezing pretty often lately and it's made me a little congested sometimes. 
  • @theblondebump yes! My normal walks have gotten really difficult because i'm so out of breath by the time i get up even the slightest hill. 
  • @cagncoo12 ok at least I'm not alone! Is this a normal pregnancy symptom?