May 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/21

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/21

• Options
    @gusgus14 awwww, the sweetest!
    @nbcarlson that's hilarious and adorable!

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    I'm so sleepy! It's 9:04 and I need a nap already.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @texas_t I know! I am already done with the day and ready to go back to bed. I think these people expect me to work though...
  • Options
    @Marz1pan clearly unrealistic expectations.  It took me a good 10 minutes to work up the energy to walk to the copier to get what I printed, lol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    edited September 2020
    Is anyone else super annoyed by how laggy the bump is? Also I keep having through finding this board because the mapping on the site changed since the last time I was on an active BMB and I still can't bookmark it. Makes me sad :(
  • Options
    Yes, super annoying. On my phone I navigated to May 21 in the safari app and saved it as a shortcut on my screen so I can actually get to it.

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @nimmle, yes it's so super annoying! it's almost like they're trying to kill off the boards. Are you using desktop of mobile app? On the desktop you can bookmark https://forums.thebump.com/categories/may-2021-moms
    The mobile app is a little more complicated, but I can try and take some screenshots when I have a few minutes.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 I'm on my desktop and it's super frustrating. I gave up on the mobile app because for some reason I can't go on community if I'm connected to Wifi. It's also generally easier to reply to people using my desktop as well.
  • Options
    @ycastillo28 Here would be a great place to talk about all of our lack of sleep!!!!  :)
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @nbcarlson I’m so happy that baby is good! And that it has a toy in there 😂

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm in an all day work training today and I feel like I'm gonna puke. I've been so nauseous all morning...it's the first time I've really felt nauseous which is good, but I was really hoping I was going to avoid it this time. 🤞Eating my lunch will help! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    My nanny is out today, I know that I'm one of the incredibly lucky ones that she's been able to keep coming this entire time. I finally got a glimpse into what it's like to work with a 1 yo (thankfully the older two are in school.) and I'm already over it after less than an hour. I thought I already had respect for all the ladies doing it, but it's just grown tremendously. He's napping now, so I should be working, but I'm here instead. Oops.
  • Options
    I'm so over taking pills and supplements already. I was hoping I could stop taking my thyroid pill after Saturday (the last pill) but apparently I need to take it for another month. I'm also taking 25mg of B6 3x a day for nausea (which hopefully I can stop once I hit the 2nd tri or shortly after) and my prenatal and I just found out I have a UTI so I have to go on an antibiotic 2x a day for a week plus at some point I'm supposed to start taking Vitamin D and calcium and once I'm in the second trimester I have to start taking baby aspirin since twin+ pregnancies have a higher risk of Pre-E. I need to get one of those weekly pill container things.
  • Options
    @gusgus14  that does not sound fun. But gotta do what you need to do to stay healthy! Pregnancy is no joke!

@nbcarlson same with the Bryonna Taylor feelings. I just can’t believe that no one is being held responsible. The news seems all so painful right now. 

@mrosek91 as a nanny, thanks ❤️ It’s often chaotic! 

• Options
    Had my first real big day at work yesterday since finding out I'm pregnant (two big demos back to back). I didn't nap for the first time in like 3 weeks and even got in a little workout after work.

But then I was exhausted after my morning walk today and had a chance to lay down since some meetings got pushed. AND constipation has set in. Never in my life did I think that would be something to be excited about but YAY! It means my progesterone is doing its thang.

And the final most exciting thing is my fave Pilates instructor will have a prenatal video series coming out soon and she let me know which of her videos I can still do safely (I'm dropping out of ab work early since it makes me nervous - I know technically it's safe but I just cant mentally do it rn.)
  • Options
    @gusgus14 join me in the old lady pill organizer gang. Ive been using one for my vitamins/supplements for years and during COVID it's the only way I know what day it is/ #sidebenefit

@texas_t glad youre feeling better today
  • Options
    @ec1212 I picked up a pill sorter when I picked up my new prescriptions today so I'm all in!
  • Options
    Ugh. Target maternity pants are not designed for people with curves. On to motherhood maternity next. Anyone have other places or maternity pants brands they love? I have a butt and hips, and my tummy gets huge with baby because I’m short and my babies are big. 
    Even though this’ll be my 4th, I’m starting from scratch because we thought we were done. 

• Options
    @yellingbanana I loved my Motherhood Maternity jeans last time. Haven't really tried any others!
  • Options
    Went to my dentist appointment today and they wouldn't see me until I got a signed release from my OB. I wish I'd known before I'd made the drive out! I went three times without a problem during my first two pregnancies.

• Options
    I just got all my test results back from my first blood screens Tuesday (everything normal, slightly low blood sugar so they'll retest that @ 10 wks - not sure HOW with all the carbs Ive been eating).

Question: do docs ever *not* test hcg levels at your first appt? The numbers weren't included along with everything else and I'm kind of annoyed about it. 
  • Options
    @ec1212 this pregnancy and the previous one my GP didn't include hcg either. I was annoyed too. The one before these 2 she included them but qualitative, not quantitative. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @mimser ughhhhhhh. i was thinking maybe they didn't test because the u/s was all good and we heard the heartbeat, but I would have found a little additional comfort in seeing the #. I just assumed they'd test my hcg and progesterone since they test for like a billion other things. womp womp.
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I had a uti too, and no symptoms at all! Just finished my last pill, I’m glad I remembered to take them all! 😂

@ec1212 RE the ab work, there are pregnancy breathing exercises that double as gentle ab work/kegels - kind of like belly breathing- that you may find come really naturally to you since you’re into yoga! I loved breathing/ab work once I got bigger in my last pregnancy, I’m kind of looking forward to it! Haha
  • Options
    @ec1212 mine doesn’t test hcg levels either.
  • Options
    @gusgus14 WTF, man?!  :D maybe it's a blessing...I prob don't need one more data point to obsess over.
  • Options
    Went and got a covid test today bc I had a cough that developed overnight with congestion and chest tightness. Thank the Lord it came back as rhinovirus! I'm not feeling great, but I would have been gutted if it was covid bc id have to miss my ob appt on Wednesday and then my kids and I would have to quarantine until the end of timeeeeeeee.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Glad it's not COVID @texas_t! I'm also scared to get sick because I would miss an appointment! 
  • Options
    I thought the B6 was finally working yesterday because I actually felt decent but I have been so nauseous today since I woke up so I scrapped the B6 and just popped a zofran. Let’s hope this works! I’m the social chair for my HOA board and I’m supposed to be planning our fall block party but I’ve barely been able to focus on work let alone anything else!
  • Options
    @texas_t I had a cold last week (and I don’t usually get sick) so I freaked out & got a test, too. I would have missed my appointment this week and an important in-home delivery. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Sorry you’re sick but glad it’s not the rona!

@gusgus14 that sucks. 🙁 I was wondering - did your doc offer any new advice for nausea when you went in? I took a whole Unisom last night cause I was having all the excess saliva yesterday and my tummy felt sour. I had the best sleep of my pregnancy so far and tummy / mouth feel normal today. 
  • Options
    Ok, speaking of random, what’s the most rando thing you got from the grocery store this week? I put these in my order today. I haven’t even seen these for prob 10 years. 

(*also got those Mio water flavoring drops. Getting tired of slicing lemons to squeeze into my enemy water.)
  • Options
    @ec1212 she gave me a few options to try starting with B6 since I have nausea but no vomiting (then B6 and unisom and then zofran if those didn’t work). My grocery store has been out of unisom and I felt so sick today I finally just skipped to the zofran and have been feeling 1000x better since a little while after taking it. Side note: I freaking love chicken in a biskit but haven’t had them in so long. Might have to change that soon!
  • Options
    @gusgus14 so glad it’s helping!! I got my Unisom on Amazon since I’m not doing a lot of in-person shopping these days. I don’t know what came over me with the crackers but I’m v excited for them to arrive tmw!
  • Options
    @ec1212 I didn't order anything funky this week, but we've also been ordering groceries since March and the day I place my order is one of the best moments in my week followed closely by when we receive it and I get to unpack it 😅 We order from an urban agricultural company and I find it so fun to order from mostly local or at least organic producers. We discover a lot of products through this. This week as a gift were 2 delicious apple donuts and I wish that was the gift every week!

On another note, we received a flyer for a chinese restaurant today and all I wanted was to order that in for dinner. But then the Google reviews weren't too good. So we spent 30 mins trying to find a reputable chinese restaurant that would deliver, ended up calling my SO's cousin who always orders and luckily he had a suggestion. I think he saved the day. Currently waiting on the order 😍
  • Options
    @mimser yummmm. Also apple cider donuts are my favorite!! We went to the farmers market at our local park last weekend just so we could have one. 
  • Options
    I had a sudden craving for sweet and sour chicken, so Chinese food for dinner!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*