Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+: 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite family recipe?

***bonus question: when do you think we should migrate the usual threads to the private group? 

Re: All Week Check-In 9/20

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/29 25 + 6

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baseball mitt

Upcoming appointments: I had an ultrasound this morning and I have a regular OB check-up on 9/21.

How are you feeling: I feel like a broken record, but all I ever feel is tired haha.  Getting up for a super early appointment this morning didn't help.  Also, the RLP has been worse this pregnancy.  It's died down slightly over the past few weeks, but still ever present.

Rants/Raves: We rented a cabin at Jellystone for next weekend!  DS keeps calling it the "little house" and asks when we can go.  I'm really looking forward to it and I hope he enjoys it.  The only downside is that we have to bring our dogs because our normal dog sitter is busy.  Saves us money in the long run, but one of us will have to stay with them at the cabin while the other does activities with DS.

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite family recipe? My grandma makes spaghetti sauce with big chunks of pork instead of meatballs.  I love it, especially since I'm not a huge ground beef person.  Now that it's getting colder outside, it's the right time of year for it.

***bonus question: when do you think we should migrate the usual threads to the private group?  Maybe October 1st?  Give everyone another week or two to successfully move over to the private group.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @karmba. I love your favorite family recipe.  My great grandmother made hers with meatballs and sausage.  I don't really like meatballs, but love the sausage.  I am planning to make a big pot of it before baby comes to freeze for later!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cassafrass15cassafrass15 member
    edited September 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28+3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eggplant - fun fact, eggplants are also called aubergines!

Upcoming appointments: GD screening and growth scan Thursday! I'm so excited it's been 5 weeks since my last appointment and a couple of months since I've seen him on a scan.

How are you feeling: Anxious AF. I was feeling better after therapy, but then my hero died and I've had a weepy weekend. I also can't eat any amount of food without feeling like I'm going to burst!

Rants/Raves: DD had a fun weekend playing at the park, romping around in the grass and hunting for cool 'ticks (sticks). Hearing her laugh and giggle brings me so much joy.

Questions: nada

GTKY: what's your favorite family recipe? My grandma's Thanksgiving turkey is unique in that we have the butcher cut the turkey up and then we season/flour/brown the pieces in butter before popping them all in a big speckled roaster with heavy whipping cream and cooking them the rest of the way in the oven. It's the most tender, moist turkey I've ever had and we carry on her tradition to this day. 

***bonus question: when do you think we should migrate the usual threads to the private group? Maybe beginning of October? And then people can still lurk here to be sure that we didn't leave anyone behind?

Edit: words

@karmba Mmmm spaghetti with pork chunks sounds bomb.
  • Options
    11/30, 30 weeks!

FTM/STM/STM+: 
    STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 
    Blue

Zucchini (which I feel is smaller than a the acorn squash from last week?)

Upcoming appointments: 
    Today, in 35 minutes.

How are you feeling: 
    Absolutely exhuasted. I couldn't get off the couch yesterday and kept falling asleep. Once DD went down for her nap, I took a 2 hour nap. Finally snapped out of it after that and am feeling better today.

Rants/Raves: 
    My doggo had another 2 seizures after almost a month of none. 
    We had my H's coworker, wife and kid over for a backyard bbq on Saturday. Their DD is the same age as ours so it was so cute to see them playing together!

Questions:
    n/a

Any Armenian food that my dad has made over the years. I love it!

***bonus question: when do you think we should migrate the usual threads to the private group? 
    Some time in October works for me!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @dobiemom11 and @cassafrass15 it's the best comfort meal.  My grandma's instructions are literally to buy whatever cut of pork is the cheapest that day (shoulder, tenderloin, etc) it cooks all day so gets super tender no matter what.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Options
    @karmba. I am so thankful for crockpots.  She used to make it over the stove in a giant pot and have to keep an eye on it.  I love just throwing it in the crockpot in the morning and coming home to my house smelling like a big hug from her!  
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17, 27+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue: pink 🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: bunch of bananas/cabbage/lettuce

Upcoming appointments: OB appt 9/25, glucose screening 9/29

How are you feeling: under the weather 🤧...I got COVID tested over the weekend and thankfully am negative, but even regular upper respiratory stuff is a PITA to deal with on top of pregnancy.  I wish I could take a personal day and sleep it off, but it's a special week at work where no PTO is allowed.  That being said, feeling lots of baby kicks and loving it!  

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant - my OB's office moved my October appointment and ultrasound without talking to me, to a time I can't attend, even though I've specifically requested that they notify me first.  I was able to move my ultrasound back to the original time, but so far am in limbo with no replacement OB visit.
    Rave #1 - Maine's public health department is really awesome.  I was able to schedule and get approved for COVID testing online and got my results back in 30hrs. 
    Rave #2 - after getting negative results back, we took DD to a local farm that has a really well-run petting zoo area.  DD was in LOVE with the goats and sheep and just toddled around laughing the whole time.

GTKY: what's your favorite family recipe? My grandmother's English muffin bread with my other grandmother's black raspberry jam, along with my mom's crockpot chicken and noodles <drool>.  This jam https://www.dickinsonsfamily.com/products/traditional-preserves/seedless-black-raspberry-preserves  is a pretty good dupe, but nothing beats homemade preserves from berries grown in my grandparents' backyard.

***bonus question: when do you think we should migrate the usual threads to the private group?  I like October 1st/early October for a changeover date too 😊
  • Options
    @luckypenny11 So glad you're COVID-free! I've been trying to find a cute local petting zoo to take DD - I love the idea of her toddling around laughing like yours did!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15, 27+6 Third Trimester tomorrrrowwww!!

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 🎀🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of lettuce, tomorrow an eggplant

Upcoming appointments: thurs for 28 week + 2nd 3-hour GD screen

How are you feeling: big, starting to get more uncomfortable at night and in certain sitting positions

Rants/Raves: Rant for those who follow my MIL Drama! It’s $2500 minimum to repaint our built in bookshelves Bc it has to be totally redone. If we want to reStain the wood it will be more than double due to labor & at that point we’d be better off rebuilding them! My rage is over and now I’m just dumbfounded and in shock Bc neither is feasible with a baby on her way. DH’s response “gotcha.” Which is honestly the best thing he can say. Just accept it, let me process my anger, and when I decide what I want to do he can just agree with the outcome. 

a Lithuanian recipe my grandma made called Kugela. Some call it kugelis. It’s a baked dish of grated potatoes with bacon and eggs and milk. I can’t explain how delicious it is. You eat it with sour cream on top. 

I would say after two more checkins - once we’re all in the third Tri I’d say we’ve given a great opportunity for people to speak up and decide whether or not to join. So 2 more weeks? Maybe start moving chevk
    ins over on Oct 11?
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 + 5 (DD 12/30)

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A tarte tatin!

Upcoming appointments: 3-hr glucose on Wednesday. Super bummed I didn't pass the 1-hr (and I was just barely too high!).

How are you feeling: Really struggling with indigestion/fullness/eating-related discomforts. Trying to figure out if this is just my new normal and how to adjust! 

Rants/Raves: Rave: after 6+ months in our house, we rented a bungalow about an hour away and took the dog for a long weekend. It was great--we brought in our food, only did hiking/walking/outdoor strolling, and just enjoyed being in a different spot for a few days. Thankfully the smoke cleared up just in time, although I think it may have been a brief reprieve.

GTKY: what's your favorite family recipe? My grandmother's mandu (Korean dumplings). And my husband's family latkes (potato pancakes).
  • Options
    dlock77dlock77 member
    edited September 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/27 26+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 🎀🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bowling pin 🎳 

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday for check up. 1 hr GD screen following week. 

How are you feeling: dizzy and heartburn remain the biggest issues. Otherwise enjoying the spurts of energy when they come. 
    I am a little anxious because I bought a glucometer and my sugar was 154 - 2hrs post meal. Since then I have been watching what I eat and walking after meals and the numbers seem to be a little better. Anyone else dealing with GD or noticing higher than normal glucose levels? 

Rants/Raves: Raves - I am loving this fall weather we are having in NJ
    Rants - my boss resigned today. She is absolutely amazing and I am nervous for what will happen when I return from maternity leave

Twice baked potatoes 🥔 

Whenever 😊
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/28 26 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: kale

Upcoming appointments: this week I have my glucose test 🙄

How are you feeling: good other than the cold my family is all catching 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

my grandma’s fudge

***bonus question: when do you think we should migrate the usual threads to the private group? Maybe October! Give some of the people who are active participants a few more days to get added to the private group. 
  • Options
    @shelmcclel. Oh my word!!  I would be livid about the shelves!!  (Also apparently I am just lurking and commenting without actually posting my check-in today).  My brain feels a little overwhelmed!  
  • Options
    @shelmcclel Yes!! That’s Kugel in my family - Polish 😊

29 weeks tomorrow! 12/8

FTM/STM/STM+: 
    FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 
    Green!

Cauliflower 😳

Upcoming appointments: 
    Birthing class online starts Wednesday! Then OB appt Monday.

How are you feeling: 
    So much better now that we’ve had a little mini babymoon. We finally got some fresh air up here and it was so wonderful to spend some quality time with my SO

Rants/Raves: 
    I just loved getting outdoors hiking again. I can’t wait until we have a little one to bring to these beautiful places!

Questions:
    Nope!

Pierogis! 

I’m good with October too!

• Options
    shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited September 2020
    @laurenspdx ahh I try to recreate it but somehow it’s never the same & the potatoes look kind of grayish. It’s so weird! My grandmas recipe is partly written in Lithuanian and says things like “6-10 potatoes depending on size.” “Add a slice of bacon per potato unless potatoes are small.” 

My mom could do it but she never taught me the weird tricks. I’m dying to eat it while pregnant.

I found a guy who makes it on you tube so I’m thinking of attempting his recipe!  
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15, 28 weeks + 1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an eggplant

Upcoming appointments: I have an appointment and my glucose test this week

How are you feeling: Good! I've been trying to do lots of walking and stretching this week to help me sleep better and I think it's working (despite this late post haha!) 

Rants/Raves: Rave- I finally have a favorite girl name and I've been dreaming about it! We have a short list about about 6-8 names each and won't decide until after baby is here but I think I know what I want for a girl!

Questions: Does anyone else have a strong feeling about baby's position yet? I think baby is starting to spend more time head down based on where I feel kicks now, but I don't think they're quite big enough yet to feel the head so I can't tell for sure. 

GTKY: what's your favorite family recipe? Hmmm on my side maybe a chicken dijon dish. On my husband's a cheesy potato or corn casserole dish. Both are staples at family gatherings. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27+1 

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th

Team Green/Pink/Blue: green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: camping lantern 

Upcoming appointments: today, glucose test 

How are you feeling: so tired and depressed. The prepartum depression is insane. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite family recipe? We don’t really have family recipes unfortunately 

***bonus question: when do you think we should migrate the usual threads to the private group? I’m still challenged and don’t know how to join this group even though I was invited. Is it something for desktop only? 
  • Options
    @bartonolivia it's not for desktop only - but it's definitely easier to actually join on a desktop.  Once you're officially in, it's pretty easy to access from the app.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Options
    @gingkomama I think mine has been head down for a while, the kicks up into my ribs are just sooooo strong! And I can feel little more tickle-like punches down in my pelvis.
  • Options
    @laurenspdx Same here. I asked today and they said they can't tell for sure yet and it's still early so they can still be flipping, but I feel lots of kicks in the middle at my ribs lately so I think baby is at least practicing. 😉