December 2020 Moms

9.13 - 9.19 Weekly Randoms USE THIS ONE

13»

Re: 9.13 - 9.19 Weekly Randoms USE THIS ONE

• I'm a pretty small person, 5'3", so big cars scare me! Biggest I can drive are the small sized SUV's. Even then I need the rear camera, if not more.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @tryingktogku I have a Kia Sportage that I love but everytime I get in my friends Pilot I’m like ohhh I need this lol but I don’t want to start payments over again. I have a 2018 so it’s basically brand new and I only have like 2/2.5 years left to pay it off. She pays the same a month I do though and it’s just soooo much bigger and higher off the ground which makes me feel safer plus DH’s crapped out last year so we had to get him a new car unexpectedly. There was no saving it so now we pay two car payments. I can’t wait to be done with them!
    DS born 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • @jbal918 see we just budget car payments as a part of our monthly expenses so once one is up we trade in the vehicle and get another one and the payment price doesn’t really differ (aka we trade in for something that is similar in price) that way we are always going to be in new ish vehicles! 
  • I might have broken the baby shower rules!!  Both my sister and my SIL had mentioned wanting to throw a baby shower (one for family and a separate one for friends).  My SIL only mentioned it once and I haven't heard anything about it in a couple months.  My sister was talking about the guest list for her shower including all of my family and then two friends she knows kinda well.  It is going to be virtual, so no food or favors and such.  I asked her if she thought we should invite the MIL and SIL.  She is the host and should get to determine the guest list, but it might be weird if they aren't invited to the only shower we are having for the first grandbaby!  I feel kinda bad, but was also thinking that it shouldn't cost her anything more to have them come.  It was kinda weird and my mom was like ummm...  We will see what happens.  
  • @dobiemom11 I think it is pretty normal for both grandmas and any sisters/SILs to be invited to family showers on both sides. At least, that’s how it is done around here. My mom and my SIL went to the shower for my DH’s side, and my MIL and SILs came to the one for my family. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable request, especially since it doesn’t cost anything to include them!
  • @dobiemom11 yes we’re doing a shower that everyone’s invited to that my 2 best friends and my aunt are co-hosting. I’m picking the guest list. Since it’s virtual it shouldn’t matter how many come!
  • @readermom1 and @shelmcclel. I talked with DH and he thought we should add a whole bunch of other family to the list.  I told him we could add his sister and mother, but we weren't opening this up to a whole mess of people.  My sister didn't have an issue with adding two people.  It isn't quite that I don't want all those other people to come, but I don't want my sister's plans to be totally taken over.  I am sure it will be great and I am looking forward to it.  A virtual shower will be interesting!  
  • @dobiemom11 how will your virtual shower work? I had a small backyard shower at a friends house locally, but I don’t have any family local so my best friend is helping organize a virtual thing. I think it’s basically like a social media site with photos posted  and things like that. 

Is yours going to be like that or include a group zoom hangout to visit with people live?    
  • @autumn87654321. With a recent move, we don't have too many friends and no family locally (so I feel your pain).  My sister has some secret plans for the shower, so I don't know all the details.  She said to plan for an hour and a half zoom call!  She was going to send me some questions and make a quiz for the participants to take.  She also mentioned that the whole group was coordinating a small gift, so there would be something for me to open.  However I am not going to be opening each person's individual gift, since they would be mostly shipped in Amazon boxes.  (We did that for a bridal shower recently where all the gifts had been shipped and it was a long shower watching her open envelopes that said what the gift was!!).  I was planning to set up in the nursery, so people could see it and then have the gifts opened but around for people to see (kinda cheesy, but doing the best we can in Covid land).  Since it is mostly family that is spread throughout the country, people will probably just like seeing each other! My sister doesn't use social media at all, so I think that is why she is going the Zoom route.  
  • @laurenspdx good call on not opening gifts. We had a regular shower yesterday in my parents' backyard. There were just under 30 people so everyone was spread out so much. We had way more gifts than we thought we'd get (which was super exciting!) But it was a lot to yell out who it was from and what it was over the wind and literally no one cared. DH and I hate being the center of attention so I told him if we ever have another shower/sprinkle/party like this we are definitely saying bring your gifts unwrapped and just display them somewhere for everyone to see. 
  • @flip25 It is so awkward! Plus, when you have a registry, you kind of expect gifts anyway. It’s not like you’re all that surprised ever and I always feel like I have to overcompensate being surprised when opening presents anyway. Was way better to just focus on other people. Glad you got some good presents though!
  • @laurenspdx I tried to tell our moms that no one cares unless something is handmade by someone. Truly no one gives a sh*t about the boppy, fabric storage cubes, and diaper bag that we got! 😂