October 2020 Moms
Options

Month Countdown-Quarantine?

Hi October Mamas,
I’m schedule 10/2 for my second c section. Even at my OB practice I’ve received different guidance from providers on the month countdown. One suggested a very strict quarantine the other was more laid back. We live in NH where numbers are pretty low, but I’m still torn. Not sure popping into Target or coffee shop is worth it? Feeling very torn today and looking for others input on how they are handling the final month. Am I crazy for quarantining? 

Re: Month Countdown-Quarantine?

• Options
    @laurenmichelle735 Interesting, I've not heard of anything special about quarantining in the last month from my ob. (I live in Washington.) I think the decision on how careful to be is very personal and there's definitely no right or wrong place to draw the line (well, except for taking some no-brainer precautions like mask-wearing.) Are you crazy for quarantining? Absolutely not! Would you be crazy to pop out to Target? I don't think so. Maybe just try to limit the random trips out? I usually allow myself one outing per week, not counting the daily walks I take. 
  • Options
    I think as long as you avoid contact with people in your home, etc you should be fine.  My husband is going to work from home a week leading up to the due date just so he doesn’t bring any germs back but my two older kids will still be going to their pre-k school.  Probably just a personal choice - whatever makes you feel confident.