March 2021 Moms

Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC)* 9/4

Let's spice it up before the holiday weekend!

*not guaranteed to be flame free!
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC)* 9/4

• @manillabar - no shame there. I instantly regretted letting my 13 month old try chips because now she’s obsessed like me. I refuse to open them when she’s around so I don’t have to share haha
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ll be lame and add a food related FFFC... I have eaten sushi, deli meat, aged meats, soft cheeses, steak tartare, etc since knowing I’m pg. I am SUPER picky about the quality though and where it comes from.  Ugh I also change the cat litter because it’s like my one chore, but I wear a mask and gloves and good hand hygiene. Plus I tested negative for toxo so I think it would be fine anyway...? 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • I spent a good 10 mins tonight playing fetch with my kid. She’s so much better at it than my dog 🤣
  •  Pickles are gross
  • @treebagel I don’t follow food restrictions when pregnant either. My doctor is really laid back about it and just recommend I stay away from raw fish. So raw sushi and alcohol are the only thing I don’t really consume. I still have an occasional cup of coffee here and there too but I have mostly stopped drinking it because it just doesn’t sound good. 
  • bcashaw said:
     Pickles are gross
    How can you say such a thing?
  • I told my son there was no milk left so I could have the last bit for my coffee. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @travandas 😂😂😂 maybe thats more of a UO.  Im.just not a pickle fan... actually not just pickles, but anythimg pickled. 
  • @bcashaw yess 100%
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @treebagel same, but I am not feeling guilty for it because I know the risk is so so so low. I do limit some of the high mercury items like tuna though.
  • @travandas but is it really an excuse if it really does make you nauseas though. If my husband is outside and I am feeling really sick and my 16 month old poops I sometimes call him over to take care of it.
  • Omg the toddler poops have been LETHAL! I try to get my husband to do most of the changes but sometimes my daughter will decide she only want me to do it 🙄
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @becca07024411@bcashaw My husband has been working from home since mid March so thankfully, if it's a bad one I can ask him to change it.  He's going into the office this week so I might have to resort to wearing a mask during diaper changes...  Totally agree, toddler poops are seriously the worst! lol
  • Every time my husband drinks a beer, I kinda think he should abstain in solidarity with me. When I tell him he laughs. It's not like we're big drinkers or anything so I don't know why it bugs me. 🤷‍♀️
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • @princessjenney i quit smoking, and my husband didnt and im pissed about it. 
  • @princessjenney I made DH promise to not have coffee in front of me, because not having that is proving a lot harder than not having alcohol for some reason 
  • becca07024411becca07024411 member
    edited September 2020
    @princessjenney My husband really likes bourbon, but I am not a big drinker, so avoiding alcohol isn't a problem for me.  The problem is when I am pregnant I can't stand the smell of alcohol, especially on someone's breath. When he falls asleep and starts snoring in my direction I want to punch him in the face because it makes me so sick!

@finnflan can you drink decaf? I have switched to a good decaf even when not pregnant now, unfortunately coffee makes me nauseas too, so I can't even have that!
  • I found out from a friend that apparently soft serve ice cream is also on the no-no list...an hour after I had one. No one's told me this in the past so whatever.... 
    Our cats are strictly indoor cats so I know the risk of Toxo is extremely low and I'm more likely to get it playing in the garden because one of the neighborhood cats could use my garden as a litterbox. But I'm not telling hubby that because he's currently doing all the cat box chores. 
  • @kloe818 did they mention why no soft serve ice cream? I only know of ice cream made with raw eggs to be off limits, which you're unlikely to find unless it is homemade. 
  • @becca07024411 I probably could drink decaf but to be honest, I actually don’t like the taste of coffee I just like the caffeine boost it gives me! So unless it gave me a super good placebo effect, I doubt I’ll do it. 
  • So according to google, it appears that soft serve ice cream does have a higher risk of listeria and salmonella contamination than hard ice cream. Essentially same problem as soft cheeses (even when made from pasteurized milk). Hmm. I had soft serve once already this summer. I feel like the risk of illness is greater from eating a salad with raw veggies though tbh...
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • @clevans1 I eat soft/medium boiled eggs still. Oops. Well, I guess not oops because I knowingly do it, but they are SO good and hard boiled just doesn't cut it!
  • I'm also on the super lax about food restrictions team. I've had sushi/sashimi this pregnancy already but it's from the place that's the place I always go to and have never been sick, so I'm gonna keep having my sushi, but probably not as frequently.  

And, I also use the nausea excuse to avoid cleaning up poop - but it legit makes me dry heavy til I'm crying.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • travandastravandas member
    edited September 2020
    I'm also on the very super lax food train.  I have been with all of my pregnancies.  I've never gotten sick from eating veggies, fruit, lunch meat, cheeses, soft serve ice cream or fish (I'm not a big fan of fish to begin with).  My last pregnancy I got very sick from Bryer's Ice Cream!  It was a horrendous 24 hours of puking while in my third trimester.  When you are pregnant for the first time you tend to abide by all the rules...after that you learn from each pregnancy.
  • Also on the lax food train. I limit my coffee to 1 cup per my Dr, but will eat sushi occasionally from a reputable place and eggs any way I want if they are pasture raised from a local farm. From what I’ve read the risk of getting sick from fruits and vegetables is far higher then all the stuff they tell you not to eat! 
  • My confession is that I still drink coffee. But can I be forgiven if I have dropped from about 5 a day to one a day? I feel like it’s my only drug of choice. Plus ... to make myself feel better about the coffee cheating situation, I remind myself that we first started trying for babies in early 2018. We had a few miscarriages and then a successful baby, then breastfeeding, then as soon as I stopped breastfeeding, we started trying again and had more miscarriages before finally conceiving with this pregnancy ... soooooo .... what I’m getting at here is that I haven’t touched a drop of alcohol since early 2018 now, so I think I can be forgiven for one coffee a day right? Plus I also justify my it by saying that my husband might get hurt if I had to completely cut coffee out. Haha 
  • @pisciesbaby2021 From what I've gathered, caffeine isn't an issue unless you are drinking ungodly amounts of it.  I think one cup a day is perfectly acceptable, and you are in good company! I drink a cup a day, plus iced tea on some days as well.
  • @pisciesbaby2021 I'm team coffee all the way. My doc said 1-2 small cups a day is fine. I usually have one 10oz in the morning.  On the super rare occasion, I'll have a second smaller cup.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Coffee ladies - I switched to half-caf while TTC and full decaf since BFP but occasionally I will have a cup of regular if I'm constipated. Works better than colace. 
  • @pisciesbaby2021 I'm definitely still doing my 1 cup a day, too! Definitely not concerned... there are so many worse habits out there. 
  • I love all of this! You ladies are cracking me up and also making me feel better about my poor choices LOL! baby #3, so laxed in all versions of everything lol I'm not a sushi fan, so I guess i don't really have that, but i have a cup of coffee a day, i eat cold meat (try to nuke it in the microwave first just in case), definitely still eat soft serve, i really try not to limit my nauseous self if something sounds good.

On another note, I am wayyyyy less excited to prepare and decorate for this baby. The thrill of boy/girl is over because I have one of each. whoops
  • I have been lax onnthe food thing. My confession is last week i had 2 poutines from mcdonalds everyday for breakfast 🙈 i had the same uber driver 3 days in a row and it was awkward. 
  • bcashaw said: 
    I have been lax onnthe food thing. My confession is last week i had 2 poutines from mcdonalds everyday for breakfast 🙈 i had the same uber driver 3 days in a row and it was awkward. 
    I would be giving Uber Eats all my money if poutine delivery were an option. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I must confess.... .... i am having a gender reveal. Not a party because hi covid, but we are revealing to the family in some fun way.... right now im thinking of mini helium balloons in little boxes. But that seems like a lot of work, so maybe i will just do pink  or blue candies in the boxes?  Ideas and suggestions welcome 
  • I loveeeeeee coffee!!! I was drinking quite a bit, to the point where for lent 2020 I cold turkey gave up all caffeine because it was getting out of hand and it was making me very jittery throughout the day. I’m glad I did it because it reset me back to just 1 cup in the morning. I just started this past week having my 1 cup in the morning again. I stopped when I got my BFP and then I was so sick and absolutely repulsed by the thought of coffee that I didn’t have any up until a few days ago. I’m in the camp that 1 mug is fine, too! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• @bcashaw We're going to do a gender reveal text. Either a pink outfit or a blue outfit. I should probably order something lol. I like the idea of the candies. Or maybe one of those tiny mylar balloons on a stick you can get at the grocery store or floral shop?
  • @bcashaw We did kind of a gender reveal! We baked some cupcakes and filled them with pink icing, we brought 2 over to my in-laws' and had them both bite in at the same time. Then we took 2 more pink filled cupcakes to my brother in law's and gave one each to my niece and nephew and had them bite in at the same time too. We have a hilarious photo of my nephew looking absolutely thrilled (sarcasm!) about getting two girl cousins haha, while his sister looks happy! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Im so nervous about food because my nephews have severe allergies.  I was thinking of filling water balloons with helium? Do you think that would work?