TTC After a Loss
Options

TTC after MC

This is my first time posting or talking to someone other than my husband about this. I started to MC July 10 and passed on July 14. We were 9 weeks but measuring 5.3 weeks. I had my Hcg levels monitored and finally was down to 7 three weeks after and took a home pregnancy test for weeks after per doctors orders. She said we could start trying if we were negative which it was. I had very light spotting mid August which I don’t believe was my cycle because it was very light and only lasted 4 days. My cycles are usually heavy and last about 5-7 days. We are now 7 weeks out and we are TTC. I am just very confused if the spotting was the start of a cycle or have I still not started yet? I have been taking weekly pregnancy tests to monitor if I might be. Has anyone had a cycle start 7 weeks or later after a MC? I’m just confused😔

Re: TTC after MC

• Options
    Sorry for your loss.  Yes, after MC your cycles can be very wonky for months (up to a year) afterwards.  Also, you may experience completely new symptoms and/or normal symptoms for your cycle could disappear.  The only normal after MC is that there is no normal. Cycles can take many weeks (or months) to start after a MC. 

At least your doctor had you wait until your hcg was out of your system.  However, usually they tell you to wait until after your first AF for dating purposes.  Since you followed your hcg down to 0, and the PG tests are negative, you are not PG at this time.  It could've just been some breakthrough bleeding or something like that.  Unfortunately, you'll just have to keep waiting for AF or a BFP (assuming you even ovulated this cycle).

I HIGHLY recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and temping! Honestly, after a MC it can be extremely helpful in knowing when you ovulated (or even IF you ovulated), so that the stress of not knowing is minimized.  It can help you know when to try and when to test.  As each cycle after a MC can be wonky (for up to 6-12 months!) this can be tremendously helpful.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mmorse612 No problem!  Also, there's a more active group over on the TTGP board (their TTCAL September) is finally up, if you want to join in on their regular convo for more support/advice!
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Options
    Yes, after my second loss, my period took 56 days to come back. It can happen that way. I’m sorry for your loss. Hope your cycles get more regular soon!