March 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/24

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/24

• travandas said:
    So I discovered a new way to listen to the babies and thought I would share. I took a bath the other night and laid my head in the water so my ears were submerged....I could hear the babies bouncing around in my belly! If you eat or drink something before they are very active! 😊
    This is so cool.  I"m not a bath person, but I may just have to try this!!!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
    travandas
  • May have to try this. I'm plus size so I'm not thinking it will work for me but I'll try!
  • Loading the player...
  • @kloe818 Definitely try it! I’m overweight and I have done it several times. It’s so cool to hear them bounce around!

image image image

• Sorry, I was having problems with my older account that I didn't know still existed.  Just deleted that account.
  • clevans1 said:
    Anyone else's DH/SO have a difficult time empathizing? He's a great husband and dad so I really shouldn't complain but this has been a sore spot during each of my pregnancies (this is baby #3 for us). He doesn't physically verbalize anything but gets visibly annoyed that I am not keeping up with the house as well, am asking him to help with our two littles more, am not very chipper, etc due to the first trimester funk - not sleeping well, nausea, food aversions, etc. He gets really irritable with me and the boys as a result of it and when I bring it up, he says he does struggle with 'the way I'm acting' (aka not feeling well) but will try to do better. However, it is an endless cycle. *end rant* 
    Been fighting this some as well. He was getting upset because I didn’t want to go out. I was feeling so bad and nauseous I just couldn’t. I had absolutely no energy. I think he thought I was overreacting. I finally got irritated and told him, “You be pregnant then.” Lol, also told him “Sorry, I’m growing eyeballs I’m a little tired.” Had to get a little feisty, but he laid off. 🤣 Hopefully your so will be more understanding for you. It’s hard feeling bad and fighting attitudes. 💜

P.S. All this talk of bread and muffins is making me really want to find a good banana bread recipe. 🤤
    clevans1
  • Anybody thinking of getting a flu shot this year? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @redselig - it’s very strongly recommended by all medical professionals I’ve spoken with (as friends and as their patient) that the flu shot be gotten. 
  • @redselig I’m getting it! I got it with my last pregnancy and get the flu shot every year due to working in healthcare. I have had the flu once and realllly don’t want to go through that while pregnant. 
  • I’m definitely getting it. Got it last pregnancy and also i get it every year. I’ll wait until mid October (if i can, work may require it sooner) so that immunity might last through spring fingers crossed. 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • Also getting the flu shot here! I also work in healthcare but even if I didn’t, I still would.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Also getting the flu shot! I get it every year as I work in a school! 

Becca and DH-David-Parents to: Caleb-5/19/15, Elijah-4/3/2017, and Ilana-2/22/2019

Twins! #4 and #5 Due: 03/14/2021

• I usually get it every year and there’s a nurse that comes to my work to administer the shots for faculty and staff. She asked if I was pregnant and I said yes. She proceeded to tell me that I needed to visit my physician. I wonder why I would have to do that. She’s made me second guess the safety of the flu shot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @redselig hmm that’s weird and kind of annoying, especially since now you’re going to have to go to your doctor instead of getting it at work
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @redselig Can your OB give it to you? That’s where I got mine when I was pregnant with my DD. My work normally does them too but I think the OB offered it to me sooner then work did. 
    clevans1
  • @redselig I could stand to be corrected on this, but I think there are two types of flu vaccine - inactivated and live attenuated. Pregnant women get the inactivated one. The person giving the shots at your work may have only had access to the live attenuated one, which could be why they told you to get it from your doctor. I believe the live attenuated one is thought to be likely safe for pregnant women anyways, but that they suggest the inactivated one out of an abundance of caution. Sorry you’d have to make a separate trip to get it though!
    redseligkloe818
  • Yesss! I always get the flu shot for myself and my toddler. I got the flu my first day of school my senior year of high school and I will never forget how sickly I was. I was boiling hot & sweating but shivering under the covers of my bed. My mom wasn't in town for some reason and I remember my poor dad trying to figure out what the hell to do. I never want to be that sick again! Seriously, even battling the sniffles my daughter brings home from daycare is enough for me. I am such a baby with that stuff. I'll ask my midwife when I go for my next appointment in 2 weeks where to get it. I think there is a small charge on the NHS for the flu shot, but because I am pregnant I do believe it will be free! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

redselig
  • @redselig I just got my flu shot this morning at my prenatal appt.
    redseligjenotontx
  • Thanks, ladies! I have a scan next week so I’ll ask for it then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    jenotontx
  • ...are people ready for HDBD (hump day bump day) yet? Not me, because my belly is mostly fat plus very little baby lol but maybe other people are starting to truly show?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• I think since some of us are in second tri, I vote yes to HDBD! I'm definitely showing now. 
    manillabar
  • I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's bumps! I am not bumping yet, too much pudge over the top. I am measuring with a tape measure every week...just in case HAHA
  •  Haha, i am definitely not bumping at all, but im totally here for a HDBD thread! 
    Alsoz sorry ive been soo MIA lately, ive been really sick .
  • I’m down for HDBD! Def too much fluff on top of bump to show, but I’d post my pics just for everyone’s amusement haha
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • I'm in for HDBD! I love seeing all the growing bumps....I'm definitely in the pudgy club, but I like pretending it's the baby 😂
    manillabartreebagel
  • @treebagel @sunny_native14 same, I wear my belly band and let my fat hang out like a bump at this point lol!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

kloe818treebagel
  • My HDBD is more like ‘Hump Day Bloat Day’ 😅
    Pregnancy Ticker
    kloe818