March 2021 Moms

Facebook support group-private

Hey y’all. So, my last pregnancy I was in a group with ladies due close to my due date. It was a great group for support and questions and even friendships. We still stay connected today. Would anyone be interested in joining if I created a group?? My last one was a 10 day range. I was thinking maybe March 17th-31st but open to a few days sooner/later. 🥰

I think I could just email you a link if enough people are interested I’ll create it. Just drop your email. 🤰🏼✨✨✨✨✨

Re: Facebook support group-private

• taylorshae16taylorshae16 member
    edited August 2020
    ✨ after reading the rules I am not sure this is allowed. 😅 I can’t figure out how to delete it though. So, sorry in advance. 🤭
  • Why is creating a Facebook group not allowed? 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was part of a Facebook Bump group when I had my first child. If it’s still okay to do one, I’m in. 😊
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wasn’t sure if it was allowed to post it on here. I didn’t use this app much last pregnancy so I’m still learning it. I just got anxiety that I broke a rule or something haha. I’m a baby and don’t like to be in trouble! 😂 if you want to join here’s the link. 

• @jenotontx that's what my may 17 moms did were still on fb together but only created it end of pregnancy with active members. 
    treebagelmanillabarjenotontx
  • I agree with @jenotontx. I wouldn’t go to FB just yet but hopefully some point later on in our pregnancies when we all feel we know each other better, then we can talk about it again! My previous BMB actually moved to a private group on TB at some point in our third tri and then moved to FB a little after our babies were born.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

treebageljenotontx
  • I am so close with my May ‘16 moms on FB but, it was started in the third tri sometime. I think we should start one later when we know more about everyone etc 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
    manillabarjenotontx
  • I’m not on Facebook...so I would love for everyone to stick around 😊
    treebagelmanillabarjenotontx
  • @jenotontx yea my last group is very personal too. I’m not sure at what point but we all just trusted each other lol. The admin started it very early on, like 4 weeks pregnant early lol. There’s never been any problems there but I know that’s rare. I guess the big reason I did fb is because I know 3 people (one from my last group) due very close to my due date and we all wanted a group together. I’ll for sure stay here too! 
    jenotontx
  • Hi ladies, just my .02 but I am extremely uncomfortable with any talk of moving to facebook in 1st tri. There is at least one active catfish operating on these boards, and I am absolutely not ready to share personal information yet. I would be fine with moving over shortly before due dates start coming up, but I would like there to be a very robust screening process as other groups have done in the past. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

manillabarjenotontxjuliebeannnswbecca528
  • @mvt2003 Exactly!! I keep my FB very private due to my profession. I would feel much more comfortable getting to know people here first and weeding out the drive-bys and catfish before moving to FB. 
    mvt2003
  • @mvt2003 100% agree.  My last BMB didn't move to fb until later in the third tri.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
    mvt2003
  • @jenotontx @juliebeannn I think both of you ladies have also been on TB long enough to know why stranger danger is real haha!! 

juliebeannn
  • on the topic of catfishes, we had one in my July 2017 BMB that was pretty surprising. I just thought she was BSC, which I guess she was, but apparently more than I thought lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

mvt2003juliebeannn
  • @mvt2003 @manillabar Yes! Some of the catfish stores from this website are over the top. We had someone on the April 2018 BMB that we were pretty sure was a catfish but we could never prove it. They eventually went away on their own thankfully but it was driving some of us crazy for weeks because we just didn't buy any of it. lol
    mvt2003
  • @manillabar @jenotontx Do you remember the TTGP catfish? She was absolutely something else! I am also convinced she's still around in some capacity. 

• @mvt2003 omg yess! I wasn't very active then but I definitely caught that mess. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still around... she had a few different accounts if I remember correctly...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

mvt2003
  • on the topic of catfishes, we had one in my July 2017 BMB that was pretty surprising. I just thought she was BSC, which I guess she was, but apparently more than I thought lol
    What's BSC?
  • OK catfish is new to me...I'm only familiar with it in the online dating context. #Imover40tutorme
  • @kloe818 BSC = bat sh*t crazy
    the catfish in my previous BMB was a woman who pretended to be pregnant and made up all kinds of stories about her life and her pregnancy (including complications that had us all worried). And she was apparently using someone else’s photos. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

kloe818
  • Yes! The catfishing on this site is INSANE. I cant remember where the thread is from but there was a massive thread where a catfish got busted pretty hard.  We had a potential catfish in my nov17 BMB, but same thing, no proof. 
    A few of my Nov17 moms said they wondered about me, mostly because my life at the time was insane. 
  • I am so thankful my last April19 board was so calm. No catfishing, no drama, no one was mean.
  • @bcashaw That was the TTGP catfish - she also operated on another BMB in another identity (which she copped to) but then her TTGP identity got banned because she went off on a drive-by and instead of waiting the 3 days she reactivated an old account and forgot that you can see someone's entire post history :D 

It was a huge deal over on TTGP, and it happened while I was on vacation to my eternal devastation :D:D:D 

@kloe818 catfishing on TB is rampant and real - for some reason there are people out there that like to create an entire new life for themselves on these message boards, for that reason when we eventually move over to a private group or facebook I really want a robust screening process including privately providing a full bump photo with us holding a specific item. 

juliebeannnb_1029
  • @mvt2003 OK thank you. That I experienced in a miscarriage support group online 10 years ago. Like a 16 yr old kid was going thru these horrible complications. I ended up leaving the group because of the drama. And I think there was one in my Oct 2020 group before my loss earlier this year that was causing all sorts of havoc. 
  • i feel sorry for people who catfish. Not those who have more sinister reasons to do so like lure children or collect personal information. How lonely does one have to be to waste their time making up stories for attention/approval, etc. It’s just really sad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    clevans1
  • I am not very active on here(this app takes way too long to load ... Lol)
    But my advice is also to wait. My January 17 group moved to FB waaay later on the pregnancy, and it was restricted to active members. Before then we definitely had catfishing going on  And our FB group was very very personal and amazing, but not something I would ever do so quickly. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    juliebeannn