February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 17 August 2020

Re: Weekly Randoms 17 August 2020

• Options
    Pumpkin Spice seasons seems early this year... I’m not ready for fall flavors when the temps are still in the 80’s or higher. 😂
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick confession - I drink pumpkin coffee year round and I may have lit a pumpkin scented candle this past weekend... I just can't help it! 🤦
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love fall and I already internet browsed the fall decor at target. I’m so excited!!!! 

I don’t know if I’ve ever had a PSL but I don’t mind when the flavor comes out because that means fall is around the corner! 
  • Options
    No no no. I am NOT ready for fall. I haven’t even gotten a proper summer yet! Yesterday was the third day this summer that it got above 70 here and felt properly warm, but all the signs are pointing to fall on the horizon, and fall means winter which is very long and very dark. Ugh. So all y’all with your fall loving can go away. 😆

My H is coming home for lunch and bringing me a roast beef sandwich from the local sandwich shop! It’s on their homemade sourdough and I’ve been craving it since waking up this morning. YUM!
  • Options
    I'm so ready for the coolness of fall, but not until I get a least a few more swim/boating weekends in.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    On the bright side, in addition to telling my co-workers (who all gushed over me today), this week and next are likely to be short weeks, because DH and I might take off and go visit his parents for a long weekend (taking Friday and/or Monday off of work.)

On the down side, I might have to take tomorrow off to get my doggo into the vet :( she's not feeling well today.  We'll see what the rest of the evening and tomorrow morning brings.  
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    I also love fall but I'm enjoying this last bit of summer!!!! I also have a short week! Taking Thursday and Friday off to go camping.
  • Options
    @WildMagelet I hope your dog feels better soon ❤️ they always look soooo sad when they don't feel well
  • Options
    I am soooo ready for fall. I'm a very basic bitch when it comes to fall. I'm ready for boots and cardigans and pumpkin spice and hot apple cider. I'm also stoked to have a cute bump for pumpkin patch pictures. Like I said....#basic.

In other news, I have become obsessed with iced tazo passion fruit tea mixed with lemonade. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @tamalahoops boots!! I got the cutest boots last year I can’t wait to wear them again. 
  • Options
    @tamalahoops I'm so excited to wear a pregnant skeleton shirt for Halloween 😂
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited August 2020
    @tamalahoops - I feel like I need to invest in a new pair of Uggs to wear with leggings and a maternity flannel as I drink my apple ciders and pumpkin spice cappuccinos.  Also, I love mixing Tazo's Passion tea with a smidge of stevia and a splash of whipping cream over ice.  YUM.

@jumpy57 - Doggo is doing much better today! She hasn't gotten sick, clearly has an appetite, and is overall in a much better mood. I'm guessing dehydration (she had clearly dumped or splashed her bowl empty) or a stomach bug was the culprit.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    @wildmaglet yay!!! I'm glad she's better 👍 
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    @WildMagelet so glad it wasn't serious with your puppers! 

So Fri nite I was in ER; evidently you can have severe bladder spasms if you wait too long to go to the loo then can't... (I'm prone to these & normally take medication but I can't take it while expecting). I was dehydrated after forgetting my water on a long shopping trip, thinking no big deal, I'll hydrate when I get back. Apparently it was too much at once. Spotted a bit & was having Braxton-Hicks. My OB Nurse seemed unconcerned which I hope is good. Nervous b/c of history of previous m/c & have been worried that as soon as I relax this time, something will happen. I hope I'm wrong. Going in tomorrow to see the doctor.

On the positive, Carter's has some good deals going on & I was able to get a few things for under $12! Other than that just a bunch of random doc appts this week..
  • Options
    @animommy I hope that the checkup tomorrow is reassuring. I didn't know that about the bladder!
  • Options
    it’s been triple digits for the last few weeks and im so over it. this is my first winter birth and so i was thinking it wouldn’t be so bad because im not ready to pop like in previous years but it’s too dang hot. bring of the boots, sweaters and leggings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @roadspeckle that sounds miserable. We’re in the low 90s and I still can only go outside in the mornings. 

Still waiting for my nipt results womp womp. I’ve attempted to contact them a couple times and yesterday their response was quite salty. They had some sort of covid incident which is backing them up and I get it that they are backed up but don’t they get that literally all of their patients are anxiously waiting results?! I’m not even finding out the sex I’m just waiting to be cleared so I can tell the rest of my family. 
  • Options
    It’s a rainy laundry day and my dad is coming home after his surgery finally! His 3 day visit turned into a week and with Covid it feels a bit like they were holding him hostage. I can’t wait until they pull in the drive this afternoon. 
  • Options
    it’s been triple digits for the last few weeks and im so over it. this is my first winter birth and so i was thinking it wouldn’t be so bad because im not ready to pop like in previous years but it’s too dang hot. bring of the boots, sweaters and leggings.
    This. DS1 was a summer baby. I thought it would be terrible being 9 months pregnant in the summer but it was bearable. This time I feel like it’s worse being pregnant in the first trimester in the summer. 
  • Options
    @animommy I hope you feel better soon and that the only news you receive is a scolding from the doctor to remain hydrated 💙
  • Options
    I have weird sugars from having insulin resistance due to PCOS. My OB is worried about it and thinks the endocrinologist should be doing more. My endocrinologist thinks it’s fine and that my OB is overreacting. My OB just asked for my endocrinologist’s name and phone number. I’m worried about what is going to happen lol. 
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    Haha! Thanks guys for the support! Just to update, doc was AWESOME (first OB Doc I've met w/the practice so far-had only seen the Nurse til now). She explained the spotting was from my BP getting so high from the pain (2400 ml of fluid will do that) & explained that baby basically had a ride; that the uterus pushes up when the bladder gets full & that's mainly a concern when in labour. She checked with the doppler & there were lots of movement sounds & a Heartbeat of 140! (1st I got a pulse number). She's checking w/my urologist as to what they can put me on but has some ideas already for the recurrent bladder spasms. (She said it sounds like it's happening after describing my "habits" without the stress of dehydration & holding it). @jumpy57 Doc's bedside manner was excellent & I told her "I thought having a Hawaiian Ice would hold me over" and she laughed at me like "uhh no".  :D

Hope that helps someone in the future!

@moguippy I hope they get it all sorted soon!