December 2020 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday

Any good ideas?  My husband keeps looking up recipes and then we try to figure out what we sub the ingredients for with what we actually have.  Looking forward to someday actually going grocery shopping again.  

Also I am thinking of making this a monthly thread.  Just seems pretty quiet.  Thoughts?  

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Options
    Tacos seem to be on the menu all the time now.  Hiding that meat with some homemade salsa, beans, and cheese.  
  • Options
    I've been on an arugula, fruit and goat cheese kick lately. I've made this arugula, strawberry and goat cheese salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette a bunch of times over the last few weeks. Also we make pizza now almost every week and I've made mine with fig jam, prosciutto, arugula, goat cheese and a balsamic reduction drizzle. Yesterday made crostini's with prosciutto, goat cheese, nectarines, arugula and a balsamic reduction drizzle....lol can you tell there's a theme here? It's just such a good mix of sweet, salty, peppery, creamy goodness.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 all of that sounds awesome!  I'll have to ask DH to be on the lookout for fig jam, we've been making a lot of homemade pizzas as well and I always forget that about the fig/prosciutto combo.

This week we've got the following planned:
    Gnocchi with a creamy sausage sauce (last night)
    Shrimp & mushroom pasta
    Hoisin sauce chicken sliders
    Chicken pesto pizza
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @bearmomma1
    yum! 
    I have lots of arugula in the garden. It’s a little too spicy for my heartburn but it would be great with some fruit I bet!

ive been eating a lot of  not so nutritious Snacks 

When I make something there is usually a lot of tomato cucumber basil and balsamic. Nice and refreshing. 

• Options
    So I have been eating way too much ice cream. I read that article that Bump sent about sugar consumption being really bad for the baby. (Obvious but I needed to read it) I don’t drink soda or anything but feel like all I want is sugar so my intake is probably too high 

so I started making popsicles in this handy popsicle mold. It comes with sticks (that you can loose and it’s ok unlike the popsicle molds I used to have where I would always loose the handles)

i made chai popsicles. Yum! 
    banana, yogurt, oat milk, and Blue Lotus brand chai powder

some I swirled in peanut butter which is super good. 

Next I think I’ll do banana and cocoa powder and swirl peanut butter (I’ll probably add a LIttle maple syrup for extra sweet)