November 2020 Moms
Options

Sharing the news with my parents

I am 35, in a LTR but never married and 24 weeks into expecting my first child. I have not yet told my parents about their future grandchild. We aren't very close and I have always found it very difficult well actually I never share personal information with them. I know I need to tell them and I have been asked multiple times have you told your parents yet? By several people. My question is has anyone else ever experienced a similar situation and does anyone have any advice on a nice way to approach the topic with them? Otherwise my only alternative is to show up and just blurt it out with what will most likely be a very shocking statement. Thank you for any suggestions. 

Answers

• Options
    Welcome! I noticed this is your first time posting on this board. There is an introduction thread pinned to the top of the board, please feel free to introduce yourself there so we can get to know you a bit! This board operates a bit differently then others in that we try to avoid one-off posts like this, just because the board can get cluttered. 

You will get many more responses if you post an intro on the intro thread and then ask your question again on one of the existing threads such as "announcement planning" or "July Randoms". We tend to interact within those threads so that is the best place to post :) I totally understand being worried to tell your parents and I bet there are other moms on here that will understand too!

We look forward to getting to know you!
  • Options
    Thank you