October 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week 4+ (10/22-10/31)

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 4+ (10/22-10/31)

• Options
    How far along are you? 24+3

Due date? Oct 23

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow! It will be baby's last heart check. Resuming regular appointments after that one. Glucose test on July 21.

Rant/rave? It's been an easy week. We bought a single use biodegradable bbq to use yesterday and it started raining just 5 minutes after we put the meat to cook. We have never owned a bbq and I get super excited when we go to our friends'! After all, it didn't last long but we had fun.

Questions? No!

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth? - I'm too scared of doing something wrong! Am I walking enough? Am I spending too much time on my back at night? Am I eating healthy? Should I avoid doing this? I forgot my mask! Should I go back home or just do my groceries fast?
  • Options

How far along are you? 23 weeks 

Due date? 10/30

Upcoming appointments? A whole bunch 

Rant/rave? Nothing at the moment.   Had a really nice holiday weekend.  Took my DD to the beach to play and just run around and enjoy herself. 

Questions?  None at this time.  

My only fear if you want to call it that is when will this baby arrive.  I am stressing that.  I don’t want him to come too early given my history of premature labor.  I’m also curious to see how this birth will go.   Hopefully it’s uneventful!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24w3d

Due date? 10/23 

Upcoming appointments? Glucose screen on 7/21 and first in-person appointment since May. 

Rant/rave? Rave: I’ve been able to stay pretty active and it’s feels great to get out and hike even if I’m not going that fast! Finally feeling more movement, but I’m not noticing any real pattern yet. 

Rant: went to in-laws for dinner on Friday and as MIL is making a strawberry-rhubarb pie she says “It’s a good thing you went hiking today.” So I’m like “why is that?” and she says “So you can eat pizza and pie tonight.”. I didn’t even know what to say! I’m thinking WTF lady what did YOU do today! 

Questions? Nope 

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth? I try not to worry about all the possible things that could happen/go wrong, but I know I’ll still feel some anxiety until the baby is born and healthy. I really hope that my labor is faster this time, well at least the pushing stage  (but not too fast since we have an 1+ drive to where we will have the baby). 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    How far along are you? 24 weeks 

Due date? 10/26

Upcoming appointments? Phone appointment on Thursday. I’m really looking forward to it because I haven’t been able to discuss the anatomy scan or high hormone levels with the doctor yet.

Rant/rave? Rant: We hung out with neighbors on the 4th. We share a driveway, so we hang out a lot from a safe distance. I made sure to only eat the food we prepared, only stay outside, and to really keep my distance. This was especially important to me because they invited a few other people over. My rant is that my neighbor’s friend, who knows I’m pregnant and is definitely old enough to know better, would not keep his distance. I brought my chair to the shade, and right after everyone seemed to follow. He stood right next to me! After moving my chair once, I got up and stood away. He then proceeded to use my chair for the rest of the time we were all there. 

Rave: My boyfriend has never made baby back ribs, and it’s been awhile since he’s made tri-tip. I just learned on the 4th that tri-tip is a west coast cut of meat, I had no idea. He went to a local meat market that has excellent meat, and bought both. Both were some of the best I’ve had. And these were just on a propane grill! Everything we made turned out so delicious! 

Questions? None

Getting through the birth, and postpartum depression/anxiety
  • Options
    @westslopemama That would have pissed me off. I’ve realized more and more that people don’t think before they speak. She’s the one that made it. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23w + 2d

Due date? 🎃

Upcoming appointments? July 24- growth scan, August 4 OBGYN

Rant/rave? Rant: I'm in Tennessee with my mom (which is great), but we had to run into walmart for a couple things and almost NO ONE was wearing a mask and I got serious glares as I wore mine. 
    Rave: The airports were cleaner than I've seen in a LONG time, everyone on the plane respected the mask rule, and I was able to keep a fair distance from others even in that space. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What's your biggest fear for your current pregnancy/birth? That I'll go into labor early and my scheduled c-section will turn into a more emergent situation. Or my hip will dislocate and be unable to be relocated until after birth.