Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic?

Re: Weekly Check-in ~~~ Week of 6/29

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 12 weeks 3 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out later today when we look at the patient portal for NIPT result!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an apricot; will start developing lanugo soon
    Upcoming appointments: August 4
    How are you feeling?: Good but I don't think I got good sleep last night at all...I woke up at 3 am to pee and feel like I was awake the entire rest of the night but don't feel tired enough for that so I just have this weird disoriented feeling. 
    Rants/Raves: Got the NIPT results back this morning, just waiting for cystic fibrosis results which will come in a few weeks. All low-risk/normal so so far so good! I'm going to tell some more friends this week and finally tell my brothers. We're looking at the patient portal together tonight to see boy/girl
    Questions: nope
    GTKY: What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic? Getting ice cream on the weekends, eating po' boys outside from one our favorite restaurants, going for nature walks, going to my family's house in RI. It seems like we'll be able to do a lot of those things. We set up some outdoor furniture this weekend (we live in an apartment so it's a shared space) so I'm determined to have a lot of meals outside on weekends. We're going to RI for a week in July and I can't wait -- we'll probably spend a lot of time pretty isolated and won't do our normal activities there but will still be nice. I am missing my annual July 4 weekend with my friends from NYC but hopefully we'll get back to it next year with our special guest/baby.
  • Options
    @whitealbum29congrats on low risk NIPT results!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out (hopefully this week!)
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: chicken egg
    Upcoming appointments: don’t even remember, I think I have an in-person appointment next month. 
    How are you feeling?: eating is a little easier now. I’ve been having some shortness of breath lately which makes me super paranoid with everything going on, but I think it’s just my lungs getting a little compressed by my uterus.
    Rants/Raves: waiting anxiously for the NIPT results. It could come as early as Wednesday or as late as next Tuesday. I keep checking the patient portal as if extra clicks will make it come faster.
    Questions: anyone else experiencing some shortness of breath? 
    GTKY: we usually eat outside a lot in the summers and set up an inflatable pool for the kiddo. Not sure we’ll do either this year because the entire backyard is taken up by the trampoline (our pandemic sanity purchase) and the patio in general is a mega mess because of we send our kid out there a lot to burn some energy :)
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9w 4d
    FTM/STM/STM+: #5
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a southern pecan
    Upcoming appointments: Wednesday!!! This will be my first appt and I am pumped to see this little pecan. 
    How are you feeling?: tired, and pretty nauseous still, but my seabands have helped. 
    Rants/Raves:I’m feeling stressed about a lot of things that are out of my control, which is very unlike me. Since March (where I live) has experienced 3+ earthquakes, the pandemic (obvi), and now fires have started up this past weekend in 2-3 places resulting in friends being evacuated from their homes. I’ve also had a L&D nurse friend that has informed me if you test positive for COVID when you deliver they will try to quarantine you from your baby for 2 weeks (she also said if you do research there’s papers you can print off, sign, and bring with you that refuses that). Hopefully this won’t be an issue in Jan, but I’ll have to not be swallowed up in a earthquake or have my house burn down to find out. 😉 I just need to recenter and focus on what I can control. 
    Questions:none
    GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic?
    We love to go to all the little fairs and carnivals the different towns have here, which are cancelled this year. But we’ve still been getting out to the reservoir and to hike 2-3x a week. We also have our anniversary, my birthday, and 3 of my kids birthdays. I looove summer. 

@MaryNog I hope you get your NIPT results soon!
    @whitealbum29 Thanks so much for doing this each week, and I can’t wait to hear what your baby is! I love that some of you are starting to find out!
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 2021/ 10w5d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Strawberry

Upcoming appointments: First Midwife appointment on Thursday

How are you feeling?: I am grateful to say I’m feeling really good!

Rants/Raves: I work in education so I am off for the summer now (in Canada school went until Friday)! I’m anxious to see what September will bring for schools. Until then I’m going to rest and get ready to do the best I can for my students in whatever scenario we’re faced with. 

Questions:
    GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic? We love celebrating Canada Day (July 1st) with friends but that won’t be happening this year. I was looking forward to going to playgrounds and splash pads now that my toddler can walk. Those are closed. We also enjoy local fairs and parades etc. All cancelled for this summer. We will still do our best to find little adventures to do (i.e. picnics, walks, swimming etc). I try to remind myself to see the world through my toddlers eyes. He has no idea there is a pandemic going on and he’s able to find joy in every day and every new activity. Easier said than done... but I try... lol
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20 10+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We’ll be finding out, NIPT is 7/7

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: He/She could fit on a tea candle. 

Upcoming appointments: 7/7 with MFM and 7/15 with my OB 

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling pretty good, but the motion sickness is whooping my ass. I’m having a hard time driving because of it. 

Rants/Raves: We told our oldest (5) and she is over the moon excited. She is constantly touching my stomach and saying how excited she is for the baby. And it actually gives me anxiety? I’m afraid of how devastated she would be if something went wrong. 

Questions: Does anyone have any reassuring data on Covid during pregnancy? Because yesterday I was notified that I was exposed 😬

GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic? We love to travel to the midwest in the summer, and that won’t happen this year. Summer is usually a rotating schedule of public pool, dollar theater, children’s museum (the annual membership is the best $ we’ve ever spent) and the zoo. Obviously none of that is happening this year 😂 So we bought a trampoline instead and its been a big hit. 
  • Options
    amm126amm126 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 weeks 4 days
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green? My husband and I still haven't discussed/fully committed yet
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Southern Pecan
    Upcoming appointments: July 10th to check for the HB
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good, lots of fatigue and some nausea still
    Rants/Raves: Rant- My uncle tested positive for COVID and my dad started having symptoms on Friday. I was with my dad for father's day, thankfully they are both doing ok and nobody in my house is showing symptoms. I was tested for work last week, just waiting on the results. My dad is refusing to get tested, so I have to tell my parents that it may be some time before we can see them again. My husband and I are both concerned of me getting the virus so early in my pregnancy. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic? We have a pool, so lots of swimming and being outside. We usually go to my in-laws house on the river some weekends as well. Not sure how much we will be doing that this summer with everything going on. 
  • Options
    aels12aels12 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20/20 10w5d
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out, blood draw for NIPT is tomorrow morning 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry 
    Upcoming appointments: 7/16
    How are you feeling?: tired and nauseous 
    Rants/Raves:
    Questions:
    GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic? We usually visit friends/family, go to the state fair and other festivals. We are avoiding travel and everything else is cancelled so I’m bummed! We will still be able to do a lot of hanging out here outside and go fishing so it will be fun but definitely more low key than normal. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 12 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/STM+: This will be my second

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A hard-boiled egg

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for my first trimester screening. Nervous and excited!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Almost like normal, just gassier. Also I can't wear sports bras anymore because my boobs still hurt; I've moved on to my nursing bras.

Rants/Raves: My husband and I just cleaned the kitchen floor after a month. I feel so much better. It seems so futile, but at least it's clean for tonight.

Questions:

GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic? We love going to food festivals and my parents' house for the pool (and bonding, of course). The festivals aren't happening. My sister is going to my parents' house to use their pool, and I will hear about how that goes (my mom has boundary issues). If it sounds like it went OK, maybe we will also do that. We also like having people over; also not happening, except social distancing visits with my parents, sister, and nephew.
  • Options
    whitealbum29: haha, glad to help! Everyone else should send ideas too.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/5; 13w
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a jalapeno. Also, MaryNog, I love the chicken egg comparison. 

How are you feeling?:  More energy! Feeling even more of a need to eat more, smaller meals. Stomach has definitely shrank, and even though I want to finish a massive burger or a whole bowl of pasta, I can't take it anymore.

Rants/Raves:  I told my mom and sister this week! Oh, bc got NIPT results back and all good, yay! Also had some more advanced chromosome screening for me, and DH will need to do a saliva test to see if he also carries a recessive gene that I do. Other than that, it feels like all is good and it's safe to tell people. 
    Also, traveling/moving cross country for two weeks, which is pretty fun, even with the pandemic going on. In Cincinnati now. Going onwards to Louisville, St. Louis, and Kansas City next. If anyone has advice, pm me!

GTKY:   I feel like this summer will be different than all the others, and not just bc covid. Normally, we'd be going out to picnics in parks w friends, going to the theatre, seeing some outdoor music, going to street festivals, etc. This summer, we'll be staying w my in-laws before we can move back into our place in the fall. They have a swimming pool, so that will be nice! Also nice spending time w family. They live 5 hours away from the city we're moving to w our friends, so less time will be spent w friends, but we plan to still make it out to see a few people.

whitealbum29 hooray for good NIPT results! And congrats on a girl!
    savykay 3 earthquakes?? Fires? California? That does sound stressful. 
    carleym93 If you Google pregnancy and covid, you'll likely find the studies I found that say it hasn't been shown the mother can pass covid on to the fetus. The concern I think in 1st tri is overheating/fever (miscarriage). And, of course, there's the concern if you have covid when giving birth, that you can transmit to the infant outside of the womb. I'm trying not to worry so much, but also I'm concerned that they don't have enough info yet how it affects the fetus in 1st tri or early 2nd. We're the test subjects for that. 
    amm126 oh no! Sorry that your family has been exposed. Sending warm wishes for speedy recoveries. 
    Good luck to everyone finding out NIPT or other test results.
  • Options
    HappyFeet34HappyFeet34 member
    edited June 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out on 7/17. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    The baby now has eyebrows 

Upcoming appointments: had one today. Won’t have one again until almost 18 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: tired still and and nauseous mainly at night but not throwing up. I have been feeling the baby not laying on my stomach for the past two days now! That’s fun. Before then I could only feel it on my tummy. 

Rants/Raves: the nurse couldn’t find the HB today so I asked for the Doppler and found it for her. Fun fact, my second we didn’t make it to the hospital and I delivered her in a parking garage. I was thisclose to asking them why I even need to bother seems like I got this on my own. I kid of course. 

Questions: None 

GTKY: What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic?

Hiking, picnics, pool time. As long as my energy comes back we should be able to do it all. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Options
    whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited July 2020
    @savykay Oh man all of that on top of each other. 2020 truly is drunk and needs to go home. 
    @carleym93 Every time I tell someone new I have a pang of anxiety afterwards, it feels like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to after spending 7 weeks mostly being secretive! That's sweet that your daughter is so excited though. I'm so sorry you were exposed to Covid! Can you get tested? This has some helpful info.
    @amm126 So sorry your family has been exposed and that your dad won't get tested! I hate that we're all having to think about this during our pregnancies. :( Fingers crossed you test negative and get through the incubation period feeling healthy!
    @lavenderclouds Yay glad you got good NIPT results! That's great that you're doing a road trip for your move! (I can't imagine flying right now and can't believe some people are!) My family traveled cross-country when I was a kid and I'd love to do it again as an adult. I feel like I should probably be eating smaller, more frequent meals based on how I felt after eating a bunch of pasta last night....but unfortunately I have not approached this like an adult yet and am still stuffing myself to the point of discomfort. :anguished:
    @HappyFeet34 OMG you are truly a pregnancy superhero! There's a place near me that has a "pregnancy class" as well as childbirth/baby care classes and I'm pretty sure that whatever it is, you should be teaching it!
  • Options
    @whitealbum29 I did hypnobabies with my last pregnancy and swear by it. We’re all a little early now but if anyone has questions about it as we get closer to half way I’m happy to answer them, I don’t teach it or anything haha but I did it myself and coached two sisters through it. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 12+5
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Roborovski hamster
    Upcoming appointments: Meeting with MFM tomorrow 
    How are you feeling?: Emotional
    Rants/Raves: My 3 year old is back at daycare!
    Questions: none
    GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic? Going to the beach and day trips.  We probably won't be doing day trips but will try to get to the beach since it'll be easier to distance.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: LEGO mini fig

Upcoming appointments: NT scan on 7/16

How are you feeling?: Mostly good. Tired but nausea is getting better! 

Rants/Raves: I’m just over Covid. I’m so annoyed that people and states can’t/couldn’t take it serious enough to just shut it down. I’m in New England where we took it real serious in early March and are now at a point where cases are really low and we’re starting to open. Working in the entertainment industry and watching what’s happening around the country makes me very uneasy for my job. 

Questions: 

GTKY: ( @lavenderclouds thought of this one!) What are your favorite summertime activities? Will you still be able to do a lot of things you like to do this summer even with the pandemic?
    One of our big summer activities has been to check out local breweries and vineyards. While everything around us has reopened I obviously can’t drink right now! 
  • Options
    @krisspy22 Same, I'm in New England and I'm so worried that in a few weeks we're going to look like Florida, Texas, etc because places are opening back up and a lot of people seem sick of wearing masks. I'm sick of it too but I'd rather do it now, steadily and temporarily instead of for god knows how long because we refuse to get it under control! It's so infuriating and I just hope people (and really the government) snap out of it soon and get this thing taken care of in a real way instead of opening and closing repeatedly.
  • Options
    Don't have the energy to fill out the whole questionnaire this week but came to share my new, gross symptom experience in the hopes others can have a laugh about it.

*TMI*

This morning I finally managed to defeat constipation and have a bm. While I was doing that and everything that had been waiting in the queue was moving, I suddenly got a huge wave of nausea and was only just quick enough to fall forward and puke bike into the tub.

Yaaaaay pregnancy, such glamour much glow.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @missmcgonnagal ahhhh! Oh no! Well, at least it made it somewhere you could clean easily.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w6d
    FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth Time Mom 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We decided we actually are going to find out for the first time ever! U/s in 2 wks!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon
    Upcoming appointments: Not til 16wks
    How are you feeling?: I am finally not super nauseated anymore but I have been getting nonstop hormone headaches which has made sleeping hours fitful and waking hours awful.
    Rants/Raves: none
    Questions: none

To be perfectly honest I hate summer. I would hibernate through it if I could. I hate being hot and sweaty and uncomfortable outside. My kids are too numerous and too small for me to take them swimming by myself and my husband works 6 days a week. When it isn’t too hot I like going kayaking/canoeing and swimming and camping and hiking. But it’s has to be under 80 degrees or I’m just a puddle of misery. With the pandemic making much husband’s work schedule more hectic and unpredictable than ever we haven’t had the time to do any of my faves. Lots of shallow creek splashing and popsicles for the kids.