February 2021 Moms

Spotting/Cramping Support Thread

This space is for anyone experiencing any spotting, cramping or anxiety around this pregnancy, as well as general support for anyone needing to post here.  Trigger warnings are not necessary as it assumed that spotting/cramping/potential loss will be discussed here. 

Re: Spotting/Cramping Support Thread

• cmoon3cmoon3 member
    I belong here. Bleh. Spotting and a call into the doc office but no call back yet. It hasn't gotten better but it hasn't gotten worse either. I'll post again when I have an update.  
  • @cmoon3 is it red? I am hoping it’s nothing major for you. ♥️
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ll just leave my experience here. I started testing way too early and got my BFP on some cheapies. I like it spelled out for me so I ordered some digitals that were arriving on the day of my expected period. I got my “pregnant”, had sex, took a nap, woke up and immediately started cramping. It felt like my period was legitimately on its way. The cramping lasted the rest of the day. I started spotting exactly how a period would start. I told myself it was over and was waiting for the period to come full force. Instead the spotting dissipated... then the next day the cramping dissipated. I contacted my OB and they basically said both could be normal and to just let them know if either got worse. They haven’t ... so I’m kind of taking solace in my few pregnancy symptoms and waiting to see that hb on July 6. Literally counting the days .

I had spotting with my son from sex which lead to an early US but it wasn’t quite the same experience. 

I had spotting with my MC but also not the same experience. 
  • @birdiejo they really won’t give you an appointment before July 6th?? 😕
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    @mdfarmchick. Yes it's red. Right now it's just a small amount mixed in with discharge. I guess the doc will get back to me tomorrow.
    @birdiejo My cramping has been mild and on/off today. I'm trying to take it easy and focus on my nausea, which has held steady. .
  • @cmoon3 I had similar with my first... it was from a subchorionic hematoma near the baby. Hopefully that’s all it is for you. 
  • I haven't had anymore spotting since last week but I keep getting really crampy. Which is normal at 5 weeks but so hard to ignore. I barely slept last night because it was stressing me out keeping me awake, but then no spotting today. I hate early pregnancy😫

• @mdfarmchick yeah I think if I had pushed the issue they might have given me an appointment but it was so early at the time there was not much to do anyway. 

@nbcarlson it is a pit of despair. One second you feel like shit, then the next you don’t and you’re panicking that you don’t feel like shit anymore. 
  • I had my first ultrasound today at 6+2 to look into the cramping I've been having. Baby is doing great - measuring 6+3 - and I saw the heartbeat. Huge relief. 

However, I've been told to limit activity due to a subchorionic hematoma. She said it's not big right now (1.7cm?) but I have to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound to check up on it. @mdfarmchick you mentioned above that you had this before - did it create complications for you? I've never heard of this before so I appreciate any advice! 
  • @belle1390 I had one with my oldest. They just recommended to take it easy—no lifting heavy things, no lifting things over my head, pelvic rest and not pushing myself on any physical activities. It’s basically a bruise in your uterus that happens sometimes along with implantation. Or that’s how it was explained to me. 
  • Not having any spotting, but I’m having cramps that are very “period crampy”. I feel like my symptoms aren’t as pronounced as with my daughter and my tests didn’t get much darker after waiting a week to retest. I know none of this = bad...but I’ve had a loss before and I’m all in my head about it :/ This part of pregnancy is so difficult. Warm thoughts to anyone else going through it too! 
  • I have been having red blood with tissue bits when I wipe this morning. There has been blood drips into the toilet as well. I am also cramping a bit. Not sure what to do at this point. 
  • @tilournextadventure can you get an appointment to be seen tomorrow? 
  • @birdiejo I'm looking into. It's tough being out of country and not having a Dr to call to confirm. Google is also not helping. 
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    @tilournextadventure
    I'm sorry you are feeling stressed. My thoughts are with you.  I hope you can find a doctor and get in tomorrow.
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    @lunamoon24.
    Thinking of you. How are you feeling today?
  • @tilournextadventure I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I wish it was easier to get into the doctor for you, I can't imagine how stressful that is. We are thinking of you❤

• Thanks for checking in. I just had a small amount of brown discharge with one tiny brown clot when I used the bathroom just now. And also am feeling no nausea which was SO intense with my daughter (and not intense with my other loss). Honestly, I’m feeling not so optimistic...but still okay. I’m not sure if I should try to be seen at my Dr. or wait it out. :/ 
  • @lunamoon24 I can understand both scenarios, but perhaps it would be better for your mental health to see medical care for a peace of mind? So sorry you’re going through this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you @nbcarlson and @cmoon3. I called the doctor and due to covid they will not see me unless I am in pain. Unfortunately, I am not so I have to wait 1-2 weeks to take another pregnancy test to confirm I MC'd. 
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @tilournextadventure I'm so sorry you are having to go through that. When I suspected I was MCing earlier this year, I started taking the same pregnancy test with my first pee of the day every morning to compare the how dark the lines were to see if my HCG was decreasing. It was pretty clear in the first few days that the lines were getting lighter and lighter until they no longer appeared at all. Just an idea if you want some earlier feedback than waiting 1-2 weeks. I used the easy @ home brand tests that are cheap in bulk on amazon.
    I hope you have a good support system to confide in, this in-between time of waiting is absolute torture.  
  • I had my first hcg and progesterone draw. I am 6 weeks and progesterone was only 4.06 so waiting to hear back from the dr. My hcg still hasn't come back which is super annoying. I feel like my symptoms are tapering out though. 

• KLS123KLS123 member
    @nbcarlson my test results reference says the normal range for 1st tri on progesterone is 4.1 - 34.0 so you still may be okay...
    Hopefully your HCG will be posted soon!
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    Let us know @nbcarlson FX for good news
  • @nbcarlson keep us posted. I hope everything is fine. 
  • @nbcarlson hoping you get good news!!
  • @nbcarlson fx for good news on your hcg!
  • @nbcarlson any update? FX!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My HCG didn't even go up to 6,000 so a miscarriage is likely inevitable. I'm out of town but my doctor told me to keep my appointment on Tuesday in case I haven't already naturally miscarried. I feel like I should be used to this now but I'm not😭

• I'm so sorry @nbcarlson That really sucks. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• I’m so sorry @nbcarlson
  • I'm so sorry @nbcarlson. Sending you many virtual hugs. 
  • I’m so so sorry @nbcarlson
  • Im sorry @nbcarlson. I’m likely to miscarry. I had my first hcg draw on Tuesday. I thought I was 6 weeks and my bloodwork came back today with hcg at only 121. We did the second draw today to see if it goes up, but Midwife said that it isn’t looking good since the level is obviously so low. Thinking of you. 
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    @nbcarlson @lunamoon24,
    Thinking of you both.  Sending hugs your way.