Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+: 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little?

Re: Week 3 (12/15-12/21) Check-In 6/15

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15 13 + 6

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team Pink!!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: she would fit on a can of tuna? (Or a lemon/jalapeño) - tomorrow she is a peach!

Upcoming appointments:  6/22 for monthly thyroid bloodwork (they lowered my dose of levothyroxine Bc of my last bloodwork, so hopefully it’s leveled out), 6/29 with thyroid dr to review the bloodwork, 7/7 for a follow up U/S due to my bleed/tear (not threatening to the baby but I’m on modified bed rest until then) - good news is the cramping and spotting seem to have already stopped or at least I barely notice, an early Gestational Diabetes screen Bc I have a family history and some blood work

How are you feeling: Had some major nausea + migraine over the weekend, otherwise mostly normal every other day. 

Rants/Raves: I actually feel like I’m mostly in a good place right now. Having some anxiety/worry about the baby mostly Bc everyone who has heard about it seems majorly stressed out/worried and i wasn’t feeling that way Bc the Dr said everything was fine, but maybe I should be more worried? A friend ordered me a fetal Doppler which I’ll get tomorrow which i think might help ease up that worry. 

rave - we got out of Going to my in law’s family reunion Bc of my modified bed rest so hooray! 

Questions: none

A senator! I carried that goal through college and then after working for a lobbyist, I realized the reality of how much of your personal life basically gets destroyed due to publicity, and that you really can’t be as much of an activist as you want to be if you actually intend to be elected, and so I just decided to be a lawyer with the freedom to live my life my way. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17 & 13w+4d

FTM/STM/STM+: stm+

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Healthy baby, will find out soon!!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: It said it weighs the same as a piece of bread, and that made me giggle 🙊

Upcoming appointments: Blood work for thyroid levels tomorrow, 6/19 for check-in with Endocrinologist & Ultrasound of thyroid area to monitor if I have any changes that need addressed from last year (annual check for nodules they found a year ago)

How are you feeling: I am feeling mostly good. We had no pregnancy scares/ surprises last week for the 1st week since the day we found out about the pregnancy, so that was a relief of a week! Myriad says our results for genetic screening are available tomorrow 😃 so I'm a tad anxious because of the emergency surgery that I had to have a the beginning of the pregnancy but mostly anxious and excited to find out gender and am just praying for a healthy result 💕

Rants/Raves: The hubby picked up bacon & cheese tater tots last night for a snack and MAN THEY WERE GOOD!!😂

Questions: This will be our 3rd baby but I think this time I want a 4moms mamaroo seat instead of the large baby swing (or bouncer because none of my kids liked the bouncer/vibrating seat thing)....any of you have a review of the mamaroo??

Mostly, a singer, at times a cheerleader or gymnast, and a teacher

• Loading the player...
  • @gingkomama. Welcome.  Glad you are joining us!  

@bkinn26. Hoping for good news for you soon! 

@shelmcclel Sorry that everyone you told is anxious about the baby.  Hopefully you will get some peace of mind soon.  People were nervous when I told them because of the virus.  But we have many health professionals in our family that were able to help calm the others!  Also double YAY on the reunion cancellation.  Not excited about the reasoning, but if I remember correctly, that reunion was causing lots is stress!  
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17, 13+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team Pink  :) 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon/jalapeno/clownfish

Upcoming appointments: AFP bloodwork and OB appt 6/30

How are you feeling: appetite and energy levels are improving, though I'm still more than ready for bed by 9pm every night.  I can't imagine trying to do an overnight shift now!  

Rants/Raves: it's been a rough week in terms of news from friends and family.  MH lost a distant cousin (they weren't close, but the cousin left behind a young family).  One of my neighbors growing up found out that her baby has some severe genetic issues, despite a normal anatomy scan.  As a result, I've been having anxiety nightmares, including about people trying to steal my children  :'(

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a trick horseback rider in the circus when I was in preschool :D  
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/18 13+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Waiting to find out, as of today it's been a week since my NIPT draw, I'm not sure which lab they use.  

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lemon, nothing special on this day.

Upcoming appointments: July 9th for a growth scan (they want to track since I've had the sleeve, so far baby always measures ahead and it's not like I'm skinny so I'm not concerned). 

How are you feeling: Pretty normal at this point, FX it continues!

Rants/Raves: Just waiting on the NIPT! We did finally put the news out in insta and fb and quite a few were very surprised since it's been so long since we had our Son. I think a lot of people thought we were one and done. 

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little? A scientist! I really wanted to be in a lab doing research, even when I was in college for English and Education when I did take science classes the profs all asked why I wasn't a science major instead. Oh well!
  • @willashbaby How old is your first?
  • @gingkomama he'll be almost 5 by the time this one arrives. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13+2 12/20

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th time!

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team Pink!!! We just found out yesterday!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: The height of a tune of lipstick 

Upcoming appointments: 7/1

How are you feeling: Improving, but tired and  I still can’t eat much meat (except McDonald’s cheeseburgers, not even a quarter pounder, but a cheeseburger 😂) After typing that, now I really want one...

Rants/Raves: After we got our NIPT results we finally told the kids we’re having a baby, and they were so excited! My son, who’s 6, especially; he was jumping up and down like crazy. My daughter, who’s 5, said, “I have noticed your belly has been getting fatter lately!” And here I thought I wasn’t really showing yet!

Questions: None

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little? I loved playing teacher with my brother, although I think a lot of that was because I liked bossing him around. But then I grew up and actually became a middle school teacher! I love staying home with my kids, but I really miss it.
  • hham10hham10 member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th

Team Green/Pink/Blue: BLUE

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: is it a peach this week? 

Upcoming appointments: July 8th. Thinking about doing a 4d scan soon. 

How are you feeling: threw out my back j a week ago and in pain still. Also my feet have been killing me which is always an issue for me during pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves: I’m just ready to feel normal and comfortable again and get back to working out. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little? Mainly a vet. I am now a teacher. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15 14w2d

FTM/STM/STM+:  third

Team Green/Pink/Blue: not sure yet.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: kiwi fruit

Upcoming appointments:  july 2nd

How are you feeling: Grumpy and tired but other than that I'm feeling ok.

Rants/Raves: At my appointment today I found out the harmony test I did came back that there wasnt enough fetal DNA so I had to redo it today. I originally had the blood draw in 5/21. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Also I have to do what will be the first of a few 24 hour urine tests so that's fun. Lol

Questions: Has any other moms dealt with shoulder dystocia? My daughter was a mild case but the MFM is suggestion a c section for this baby. I'm diabetic and over weight and I know those three make me at an increased risk for a second case of shoulder dystocia but I guess I'm just looking for other's experiences. My OB said it's really too early to discuss but I really want to prepare myself.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were little? A nurse. Still hoping to get there someday!
  • @nmadjeski we sure did. Total suprise, pretty small head and big shoulders. Scary AF. Level 3 episiotomy, they had to reach in and pop him out, very painful. No GD, yes I was obese but he wasn't even that big, only 8.4. He ended up with a cephalohematoma that has calcified. Super rare and requires surgery to fix, it's cosmetic so we're leaving it alone. I do not want to risk it round 2. We're heavily leaning towards a planned c section.
  • JBcakes08JBcakes08 member
    edited June 2020
    @nmadjeski we also had a shoulder dyscotia with my first. Echoing @willashbaby that it was terrifying. No long term affects for my daughter but she came out not breathing because she was stuck for so long with the cord around her neck. It was the most painful thing I’ve ever dealt with physically as the OB has to reach in and pull her out. My OB told me later that it was the most traumatic delivery of her career.

She strongly recommended a c-section with my second which I agreed with and it was fine. I’ll have another c section this time. My first born was big, 9lb13oz, but my OB said she didn’t know what the “right” size would be to not get stuck, and it could just be my anatomy. It was a really scary experience and I’m happy I chose to do a c section the second time around. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • @willashbaby @JBcakes08 Wow thank you for sharing your stories! My DD wouldn't come out after 3 hours of pushing, and I had to have an emergency c-section..she ended up having a cone head and skid marks on her head from being stuck on my pubic bone and from me pushing so hard. MY OB said probably a 50/50 chance I could have a successful VBAC, but I'm thinking that even if baby's head had/can make it past my pubic bone, what about their shoulders?
    I probably will end up going through with a planned c-section for this babe. Last thing I want is to be in labor again for 26 hours just to end up with another c-section.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @willashbaby @JBcakes08 thank you both so much for sharing! It definitely is scary. DD was 8.8 lbs. And thankfully they got her out quickly. We had already had an extra Dr and nurses in the room because we saw when my water broke that she had passed meconium. Next thing I knew the room was flooded with people and they were pushing/pulling her out. I'm definitely leaning towards a planned c section. I dont want to risk it happening again. I'm honestly terrified either way to be honest. But I'd much rather have a planned than an emergency c section. 

@bearmomma1 Thank you for sharing! I had a similar situation with my first except just before the three hour mark I managed to deliver. His head was stuck against my pubic bone and he had a cone shaped too. I think if I were in your shoes, I would probably go with the planned c section as well. 

Thank you all for sharing and making me feel better about this!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 16, 14+2

FTM/STM/STM+: 
    STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 
    We will find out at our anatomy scan. I think boy. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 
    Today it says a baby chick whicH grosses me out! Lol. 

Upcoming appointments: 
    Monday appointment with my doctor. We’re going to announce to FB land after I hear the baby’s heartbeat on Monday. 

How are you feeling: 
    I feel pretty good! I get hungry very quickly. I need a nap every day. But the nausea has thankfully mostly gone away. Oh, I’m so hot all the time. It’s like high 70s and I’m whining about the heat. I just can’t to heat when I’m pregnant. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: I got a new job with great benefits and a huge pay increase! 

Questions:

my mom says I wanted to be a hair dresser. The first think I remember wanting to be is a secretary.