September 2020 Moms
Options

Private Group

124»

Re: Private Group

• Options
    I also don’t have Facebook :( and have also mostly been lurking here bc of the craziness of how many people stalk this public board! I miss chatting more with you ladies! I could talk to my hubby about it but I probably wouldn’t do Facebook still since one of our main reasons for staying off social media is our DS’s protection with his adoption being closed on one side of his bio family. I understand whatever you ladies decide to do though! The bump is being so dumb :( I hope they can fix it 
  • Options
    I also am not on Facebook but I totally understand migrating over there given this ridiculousness. 

I'm a bit scared to re-join Facebook since I haven't been on there in over a decade at this point (😭) and given the state of the world right now. But, I might consider it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pai314pai314 member
    This is ridiculous! I can’t believe it’s still down. Well I can because it seems things are always complicated when it comes to this site
  • Options
    Yes, I know that a coworker of mine has her Facebook basically shut down to anyone not on her friends list so that her ex husband and ex in laws can't see/find her. She's not even findable if you search for her. She had to add everyone herself.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it would be possible to have a completely private and unsearchable FB that you don’t have to have any friends on. Not even your name or picture if there are safety concerns. (Basically like a bump profile anyway lol) And then once added into the group you can verify who you were on here. Idk how people feel about that but I understand why some aren’t on FB. And you’ll only post pics or personal stuff in our secret group that’s not accessible to anyone except who is invited and accepted into it. 
    I would still come into the private board (if it ever comes back) especially if not everyone moves over...but I wonder how active both boards would be 🤔 
  • Options
    I am game for Facebook at anytime. I would have preferred to wait until August but the bump has really dropped the ball. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If I set up the FB group, I'll probably just do a "Message me to get the link" thing instead of putting it out there
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Actually, I just made it, more as a place holder than anything, but if anyone does want the link, shoot me a message.
    Also, to whoever joins, my current profile pic is a scene from my book, just in case anyone is wondering lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I will definitely be messaging for that link!!
    And for anyone hesitant about joining Facebook, I'm definitely on the same mindset that an account can get created just for the group alone, but there's definitely no significant pressure that you have to do it.
    I hate the lack of functionality on this app, because in the end that's what drives "customers" away and only increases the need/traffic to social media.
  • Options
    So frustrating after all the work that went into the private group and after all the trouble we had getting into it from phones and having to use a PC; and now it’s down! Ugh get it together @thebump
  • Options
    Definitely interested in the FB group if the majority of us regulars decide to make the move now, but if most wait I likely will, too, for privacy purposes! Have we decided now if it’ll just be the same people allowed in as are currently in the private bump group?
  • Options
    Let’s hope this will be fixed in the next couple days. Other than that I think Facebook should be private group members. I think we only had one person there who I was waiting to see if they checked in. It seems like the core of 25 or 26 people in the group were participating in some capacity. 

Also at least the group is created on Facebook so even if you wait until August to join it we will have it ready to go. 
  • Options
    I think FB should be request through PM only and only those who were in the private group. If there’s someone from the public group who wants to join they should have to wait until the private is back up and join there (if they’ve been participating here) and then eventually can move to FB. Also I still stand on if you’re not gonna participate other than just your check in whenever you feel like it, then you shouldn’t really be allowed in the FB group since it’s so much more personal. But I think we should let the FB group be open for a while in case we have members who want to wait. 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 yes please! I sent you a message. Missing you ladies so much!!
  • Options
    @greyl Very much in agreement with all of what you said! I’m tempted to join now so I can better keep in touch and keep things private, TB public pages just aren’t my thing when it comes to opening up and sharing.. 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I just saw that. I refreshed twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke! 
  • Options
    THANK GODS 
  • Options
    Hey @ktholysz said I should check this out..I'd love to be part of it.  Can someone shoot me a dm? 

Here is my 26 week bump pic. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow so I'll have to update everyone soon!
  • Options
    @baebaek2020 sending an invite your way! 
  • Options
    And also @baebaek2020 we found it was easier to accept the invite thru a laptop or desktop. And when you join just check out the required post within a week! Excited to have you join! 
  • Options
    linz36linz36 member
    @pghren did you get an invite to the private group?

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @linz36 she has a pending invite to the group. @pghren check your messages 
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the group, but I'd like an invite! 
  • Options
    Anyone having error issues accessing the private group today? My message said error and to try again later! Ugh get it together bump! 
  • Options
    Disregard; it let me back in, so glitchy! 
  • Options
    Hi all. I'd love to join. I had great intentions of being an active participant, but covid kept me very busy and I honestly didn't have the mental energy. But as game time approaches I regret not making a better effort. This is just my request to consider me, but I completely understand not letting me in.