Weekly Check In: 4/27

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: are you an ocean, lake, or pool person? 

Re: Weekly Check In: 4/27

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man, I'm the total opposite @beaandthebabes.
    I can't tan to save my life! I've inherited my dad's pasty white skin and my mother's inability to tan (she's a swarthy skinned Northern Dutch so she always looks permanently tan). I've literally spent hours laying in the sun and only got like 1 shade darker lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that it might be worth calling your office the day of your scan to see if your H/SO can come. My practice said that every day their support person policy can change. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  Almost 20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): haha I never know!

Upcoming appointments: Friday for anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?  All of a sudden this pregnancy has taken a turn for the tough. Just feeling bad, hot, light headed, headaches, and cramping/braxton hicks.  I am looking forward to the scan on Friday to make sure she's okay! She is still kicking like crazy!

Raves/Rants:  I'm SO tired of quarantine! Just wishing that I could take my kids to a restaurant and a museum like the good ole days.

Questions: 

GTKY: are you an ocean, lake, or pool person?  Pool, but not really in the water, just nearby lol
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    Good to see so many of us prepping for our anatomy scans, even though it's so difficult to do this without our partners :(:( 
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    @ktholysz Lake Michigan is the lake I grew up near, but on the Illinois side.  Gorgeous beaches! 
  • Options
    @megsmcp it's at least a Canada thing. It was a brand new recommendation when I had DS in 2018 (like my family doctor hadn't even heard yet) and I wound up having to scramble to get it a few weeks before he was born
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @megsmcp in the us it is pretty standard to get your TDap around that time too. It’s been going on for a while. 

@angbaby83 I think it’s just fine to go for a drive with the shelter in place orders. Do what you can to keep your mind off things. Hope you get some good news soon! 

@corngirl I’m surprised the doctor didn’t mention that too! The placenta will most likely move but I’d think they’d want to check to make sure in like 10 weeks.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise It's hard not to compare pregnancies! In some ways I feel lucky bc I haven't been pregnant since 2013 so I barely remember lol. But I do remember that all three of my previous pregnancies seemed SO different from each other, and so far, this baby has been giving me way more trouble at this early along than I remember the other ones doing! I though 2nd tri was supposed to be the easy one!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 right? Like this poor kiddo is still in utero and I'm already comparing him/her to big sister! Like I don't want to be THAT mom 😂. For now I'm just trying to trust that every pregnancy is different and that's okay. Sorry your 2nd tri has been difficult!! 
  • Options
    @linz36 Happy Belated Birthday! 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I drink caffeine without thinking about it. I love starbucks and coca-cola lol. Now, once I'm breastfeeding i'll but back. I made the mistake of drinking coffee last time and my 8wk old daughter couldn't sleep for 3 days...poor thing.

@jennifer_louise all pregnancies are different. With the twins I was so sick that I never doubted I was pregnant. With this one I forget all the time that I'm pregnant...it's normal. 

@megsmcp yep...the Tdap is a thing...got mine in 2018 with the twins and I'm sure I'll get it again soon. It's to protect the baby from whooping cough (pertussis). Your DH and family members who are going to be around the baby should get a booster too.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I have been having a daily coke. For awhile nausea was so bad that’s all I could drink for some reason. I haven’t been too worried. I gave up coffee this time so the coke is the only caffeine I am getting.  
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher soooo many boogers here too! Also, I agree that river floating would be a great other category! We did the low-key lazy river kind growing up but here all our rivers are mountain runoff and it is not low-key at all!

@linz36 can you tell me more about how you are team Green but YH knows? Is he going to keep it from you the whole time? Have you seen Gilmore Girls? Sookie and Jackson do that on there too! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/20, 19 weeks +2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Upcoming appointments: 5/14 for routine prenatal and 5/18 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Pretty great. I've got way more energy lately and nesting is hitting me earlier than last time. I am finding myself sorting, cleaning and organizing every day. The drive is strong. 

Raves/Rants: H and I have been fighting so much. Like, huge blow out fights. He slept on the couch last night. I'm so ready to resume my life. We need some space and normality. 

Questions: Nada

GTKY: are you an ocean, lake, or pool person? Well, I grew up and still live in Florida, but in an area that is more swamp than beach, so we have lots of lakes and watersports was a big part of my childhood. I actually don't like the beach unless I'm staying in a hotel on it and can immediately shower afterwards. So, pool? Maybe? Haha. We definitely spend the most time there. You don't go outside in Florida in the summer unless you're half naked. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    TDAP:  Hmmm I got my TDAP while pregnant with  DD2 in 2012. Maybe different recommendations is a geographically thing. 

Anatomy scan: mine is scheduled for June 3rd and while I’m bummed it’s so late, 23 weeks, I am hoping things will be more relaxed by then and DH will be able to come

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @corngirl belly bands/supports are actually a product Spotlight! It’s not scheduled until later but we can do that one this week since you and @raesky1111 mentioned them and I’ll move the schedule around a bit, I tried Rearranging it based on what we will be putting on registries but it’s a good point that belly support should be earlier than July for sure! 

@Louise_Belcher I started off this pregnancy so good with cutting back on soda. But I’m back on it, I’m definitely drinking more water than I used to but I still drink coke probably every day 🙈 surprisingly it doesn’t have as much caffeine as I thought but I still try to limit it. I do want to try that trendy whipped coffee drink but I need to figure out how much caffeine is in the instant coffee I bought lol 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I love my daily coffee and I also love cold carbonated drinks. We got a milk frother so I've turned my daily coffee into a latte, which doesn't have as much coffee, and trying to only have either a latte or a Coke a day.  Knowing that if I break down and have both it won't put me over the limit helps, but surprisingly so far I've been able to stick to it. I also have developed a craving for Sprite so that's helped me get off coke and still fills the carbonated drink order. 
  • Options
    @greyl It is surprising how low in caffeine coke is. The recommendation I have heard and been told is to stay under 200mg. That is over 5 cans which I am definitely not reaching. I avg about 3 cans a day. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also a Coke fan here! All about it pre-pregnancy and then sadly had an aversion to it up until about 3 weeks ago. Now I’m good, thank goodness, because it’s a nice pick me up! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone about the info about TDap! So strange as I have the same OB I did in 2017 with my son, and she mentioned it as something they are "now" recommending.
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher yes exactly! And at five cans I’d be more worried about the sugar than the caffeine anyway 😂  i honestly don’t know how much I have in a day. At work I can have fountain coke but I never usually finish a whole 22 oz unless I’m eating. I feel like fountain cokes aren’t as concentrated anyway. But then I have the glass Mexican coke at home but I’ll only drink like one a day and try not to if I’ve had it at work, I was so afraid the baby wouldn’t move at all for his scan yesterday that I had a glass coke before I went and he ended up moving too much but not even in the way she needed him to. He was just wiggling a lot I guess lol oops. 
  • Options
    We mostly drink water here, but I'll have usually a cup of coffee with breakfast (out of habit) and then occasionally we'll get some coke zero.
    I figure it all evens out in the end.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 
    22 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    BLUE

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Ear of corn or a coconut 

Upcoming appointments:
    phone appt in 2 weeks 

How are you feeling? 
    Good other than my hips and ridiculous constipation

Raves/Rants: 
    We still have NO clue on a name. None whatsoever, not even any contenders. We struggled with names with our first, but we at least had some we liked! 

Questions: 

I looooove being in the sand NEXT to the ocean/putting my feet in, but if I have to go in deep/swim I would have to go with pool. I’m not a confident swimmer at all so I don’t love drop offs and I also don’t like swimming with creatures. Ha! 
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher There is absolutely no good/real evidence that drinking more than 300mg of caffeine does much of anything bad! The study that claimed so was horribly flawed, didn't control for ANYTHING.  Enjoy your coke without guilt!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 19 weeks, due September 23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out in exactly 1 week!! So excited! 

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan and cervix check with MFM next Wednesday! 

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall symptom wise! So thankful to be past the puking but hoping at some point I can get off the bonjesta so I won’t be as drowsy. Getting aches and pains here and there that stress me out a bit but I won’t go off about those since I already posted in question thread lol

Raves/Rants: rants- just wanting to know if DH can come to my anatomy scan or not... also ready to see people again but I know we need to be careful and not looking forward to all the decisions related to that coming up when the shelter in place lifts
    Raves- Loving some beautiful weather and taking my DS on walks! He’s also getting more into crafts which the preschool teacher still inside me loves! 

Questions: Already posted on question thread lol 

I like them all at different times! For swimming/cooling off in the summer  definitely a pool bc I don’t love the thought of critters- but DH and I did swim in a crisp lake in the Alps on our anniversary trip and that was spectacular! Also the ocean in Jamaica was so much better to swim in than any oceans near me lol. I love being at lakes and oceans and just taking in the beauty of nature with DH and now DS too