September 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In: 4/27

2»

Re: Weekly Check In: 4/27

• Options
    I use to drink energy drinks somewhat regularly, and I get how those can't be healthy for a baby, but definitely some caffeine is ok.  All I was told is that if you have too much too quick it can make the baby's heart beat faster than it can cope with.  Everyone handles caffeine differently though, and obviously some pregnancies are riskier than others, so I say just do what works for you and your baby. 
  • Options
    We have a lot of anatomy scans in the group today and tomorrow! So excited to see some more cute baby profiles! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    robyn2201robyn2201 member
    edited April 2020
    My MIL asked if I was eating enough. 🤨 Yes I think I am. I’m constantly eating. Thanks your concern though. 😒

ETA: Opps just realized I posted in the wrong thread! Sorry! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @ktholysz They'll actually look like babies instead of blobs now!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    I wish they gave pictures for the 20 week scan, but at my hospital you have to pay for them and you pick them up a week later. We didn't have money this time because of government slowness (see WTF Wednesday) so I won't even get that
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 That is such a bummer. I have never heard of having to purchase the pictures before.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher it's literally just this hospital (and maybe others in the network?). At the other hospital in town you get them. I was kind of lucky that I got some early ultrasounds at another part of the hospital so at least I have those.
    Literally the only ultrasound I have of DS is the 20 week one that I paid for.
    It's weird and my one gripe about this hospital. On everything else they're so much better.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    @mflowers929 ugh that’s awful! They gave me so many pictures at our anatomy scan it was so sweet and nice. I’m sorry they make it such a pain for you. I can understand not wanting to pay and pick it up a week later. 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 I'm sorry :( I like having those keepsakes and find myself looking at the US printouts all the time! At least you know she's doing great in there. 

@linz36 that's really cute! MH wants to know as well, but when I pitched your system to him, he didn't believe he could keep it a secret. I understand YHs point about helping him bond - it's not like he can feel the baby moving around like we can! 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 Aww that’s so sad that you have to buy them. ☹️
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    elsie42elsie42 member
    Eeeek yay to all having AS this week! I’m jealous I have to wait longer since I’m at the end of our month. I was at the end of my last bmb and I remember feeling the same way lol. 

EDD/weeks+days: 18+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: 5/13 AS and OB appt

How are you feeling? Tired today. I did some gardening/weeding yesterday and my body aches from it today lol. 

Raves/Rants: rant: I think I need to start taking colace. I’ll leave it there o.o 
    rave- baby is kicking a lot more now and I am loving it 

Questions: 

GTKY: are you an ocean, lake, or pool person? Ocean! Or pool. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    @elsie42 I thought about weeding the other day but after picking up sticks around the yard I didn’t get to it lol
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 so glad to hear and congratulations on a girl! 
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 yayayay! I can’t wait to see all of these babies!!!!