November 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY: Irritational Fears

Let's talk about your irrational fears. What are you afraid of that you probably shouldn't be afraid of?

Re: GTKY: Irritational Fears

• Options
    I'm afraid of squirrels. They terrify me. If I'm on a walk and one is on a tree near the sidewalk I will wait for it to move or go into the street to walk away from it. I hate how they yell at me if I get too close. I've heard stories of people being attacked by them. I actually know a girl who was bitten by a wild squirrel.

One time I was trying to leave my parents house and there was one in their tree pissed off at me. I couldn't get to my car. So I went and got my brother and he threw rocks at it until it went away and I could get in my car.
  • Options
    Oh this is fun. I’m scared of everything lol. 

My most irrational fear is zombies. I don’t believe they’re real and I’m not just anxiously waiting for a zombie apocalypse. But if I see a zombie I’m just immediately terrified and will have nightmares for the next three nights. I don’t watch zombie anything, not even funny zombie movies. They just look creepy and give me the heebie jeebies.  
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Ecat504 so do you not like Halloween? I feel like there are a ton of zombies around Halloween.
  • Options
    IDK if this is a fear, maybe more of an aversion, but I am FREAKED OUT about touching eyeballs (like putting a contact in, or getting lasik surgery). Lucky for me, I have good vision.
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 I’ve gotten better, but I used to be terrified of birds! I still don’t like big birds like geese getting close to me. 
    This is a weird one but the thought of drinking milk freaks me out. It started in maybe middle school. I will put it in coffee and eat dairy products but I never ever want to taste milk on its own. I have no idea why 🤷🏼‍♀️. 
  • Options
    FROGS. They 👏🏻 terrify 👏🏻 me 👏🏻 My first encounter was when I was little stepping on crunchy leaves. One giant lead crunched super loud and then JUMPED. Yup. Brown, crunchy toad. Second, I was swimming (again as a child) I came up out of the water only to be nose to nose with a frog. Third, we bought my Granny’s house out in the country. I get home from a volunteer shift at the hospital one night. DH is already asleep in our sons room, so I try to sneak in. Then I see this shadowy figure between me and the door. Fred the frog as my son deemed him, just stared at me. I tried yelling, clapping, throwing a twig- nothing. He mocked me you guys. I tried calling DH but of course he didn't answer. So I grab the only thing long enough I can find (a leaf blower) and scream as I help him crawl, yeah frog didn’t hop, out of the way. I jumped in the door like I was escaping a nuclear blast. Needless to say me and frogs are not friends. 🙌🏻
  • Options
    @Ecat504 so do you not like Halloween? I feel like there are a ton of zombies around Halloween.
    I don’t love it. But we don’t usually see too many zombies and if I do I duck my head and walk in the opposite direction. Or keep SO in front of me so I don’t have to see it lol
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    Natural disasters especially tornados but also tidal waves, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions. The illogical part comes in where I’ve been terrified of these things since I was a child growing up in California where none of these things have ever been a problem. I have a natural disaster related nightmare at least once a month, most of the time it is tornadoes. I am probably due for a nightmare considering the one I’m southeast Georgia I spent the morning monitoring because I am in Northeast Florida so it was kinda close. 
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 In CA you just get to be *rationally* terrified of wildfire.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    bridges!! I have gotten a lot better with it over the years but I used to be TERRIFIED of crossing over bridges!! I wouldn’t walk over them, and if I was driving I would hold my breath the entire time, otherwise I’d have an anxiety attack. Have noooo idea where this stemmed from, I was just always afraid of underlying structural issues and that I would plummet to my death 😂 Nowadays they still make me uncomfortable but I don’t hold my breath anymore! 
  • Options
    I have an irrational fear of giant sinkholes. The idea of them freak me out.

Also flamingos are super creepy with their beady little eyes and twig legs 😬 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV