August 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 4/20

What’s going on?
Craft Blog

Re: Weekly randoms 4/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear it's working better, at least for now. I've never used the app, but I've only ever heard complaints. 

I'm bored over here. Already called my mom today and chatted. The girls are napping so I should really take advantage and sew or clean or something. But I just have no motivation. Ugh, and I still need to figure out dinner. I don't have any meat out to thaw. 
  • Options
    @riatortillaxo I’m having an easier time with the update - used to have all kinds of trouble hitting the back button where it wouldn’t register and I’d have to close down the whole app and reopen to get to a different thread. Just annoying to have to relocate everything now, since the main stuff on the bottom is now stuff I don’t really care about.
  • Options
    @charhar0820 You're a life saver. I've been searching all day!
  • Options
    @maelove do you, mama!  I would probably do the same.  DH is home today, but there are all sorts of projects that need to be addressed in the home + garage.  Plus I need to make phone calls, go through paperwork, scan / upload things blah blah blah.  The computer is in the TV room, and I told him flat out - I need you to do stuff in the garage so I can get my stuff done! lol
  • Options
    Oh fun! @tyrion_ we have a new little slide for the backyard too, we just haven't had two dry days in a row to bring it out really :/ fx this week it happens!
  • Options
    I'm so tired today. Ds2 only wanted to sleep on top of me, so got zero sleep. We will be taking a nap today because I can barely keep my eyes ope.
  • Options
    maelove if you have a little pillow or blanket in there I would so take a nap! I hope that the rest of your day is easy! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    OMG @strawberryfields82 that creamed spinach sounds so good to me right now, too!  If you figure out a way to get it shipped, send some my way, as well pls+tku ❤️
  • Options
    @rivercitynik Our weather has been mostly in the 90s with some random 65 degree days and we had two tornados in our area yesterday. The whole earth is angry, I think 🤪
  • Options
    cornichonmamcornichonmam member
    edited April 2020
    @strawberryfields82 We went to Germany quite a lot on holiday when I was a kid, as my dad speaks German. I love spaetzle and the dried noodles you get in the supermarket. There really is nothing similar here. I tried to make spaetzle myself once but it did not go well. You can usualy get a few German things at Aldi here. :s 
  • Options
    @cornichonmam Yes, Aldi has German food twice a year with a lot of my favorites. Those are celebratory weeks for me. Lol They just never the Spinach that I want. 
  • Options
    @wednesdaygirl1019 Yes I am looking for an alternative home-made recipe and will give it a try. 
  • Options
    sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited April 2020
    @strawberryfields82 I don’t know where you live but if there’s a Larger German Population, you may be able to find some at a restaurant or local store. 
    My husband is Arab and I lived over seas in the Middle East for 8 years. We have to drive A bit but we can find things we miss at locally owned stores and restaurants in areas that hve a large Arab population.
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    @sarah0985 I live in NC. We have some Germans and German restaurants here but unfortunately their menu does not go too terribly far beyond the standard dishes. Thanks tho ☺️
  • Options
    Is anyone looking at purchasing a different vehicle? I currently have a sports coupe that's lowered and has no trunk space at all,  and I am seriously considering to invest in something with 4 doors and more space, that's higher off the ground (like an SUV).  With my age and history of back injuries, I really don't see myself crawling into the backseat of a coupe to strap in a car seat.
  • Options
    @older1sttime_mom2b We aren't buying  new car right now, but I will say that we love my CR-V. They're expensive even when purchased used, but they are reliable and we can easily see ours lasting past 200k (currently at just over 100k and no issues). It's high enough off the ground that my DH (who is 6'3) doesn't have to completely bend over to get into it, but not so high up that you need a step to get into it. The trunk space is great too.