November 2020 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4.16

bserenabserena member
edited April 2020 in November 2020 Moms
Let's hear your most unpopular opinions!

Re: UO Thursday 4.16

• Options
    Ecat504Ecat504 member
    edited April 2020
    bserena said:
    I don't understand adults who are super obsessed with all things Disney
    Well I see this is where our friendship ends. 

ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ecat504Ecat504 member
    edited April 2020

I am really looking forward to finding out who the fake poster will be. There is always at least one faker and usually they had such spice to the board. My old bmb had a lady who fed her infant Oreos and one who shit herself for 45 straight minutes in public and just hung out in it until she was done doing what she was doing. 

ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @ecat504 lol! And I agree, we haven't really had any crazies on here yet... but we still have plenty of time.
  • Options
    @bserena I have as much nostalgia for the next person (especially the Disney of my childhood), but I hate Disneyland and just don't get the obsession that lots of people have. To each their own though.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    bserenabserena member
    edited April 2020
    @hedgepig I agree! I do have nostalgia and love some of the Disney movies I watched growing up, I just don't get the hype around going to Disneyland/world twice a year, etc. But yes, to each their own, lol! I know it would be a very unpopular one though  :#

ETA: Also, I work part time at Zales and the Disney jewelry is super overpriced and people still buy it more than anything else... so I think that is part of my disconnect, lol!
  • Options
    @bserena I think Zales’ Disney jewelry is soooo cute!!! I would buy if I didn’t feel like it was a completely unjustifiable splurge! Lol. We go to Disney 3 separate days a year because we live in FL and get discounted tickets but MH and I are always surprised by the number of childless adults and adult couples that go to Disney frequently. 
  • Options
    @Ecat504 In A18 we had a a few crazies in the beginning. Then we had a catfish situation. Someone posted under a different name admitting to being a regular that wasn’t actually pregnant. We never found out who it was. 
  • Options
    My UO - I think man buns are fine and don't understand why people get so judgy and opinionated about someone else's hair. On some guys they look good, on others not so much, but it's just hairstyle.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @bserena I enjoy Disney but I also don't understand the obsession. 

I don't remember having any catfishes in my other BMB! 
  • Options
    @bserena I am right there with you...I know some people who go multiple times a year and are legit OBSESSED and I do not get it.  But I am also scratching my head because DH and I make pretty good livings and Disney is NOT cheap, like how do people afford it?! 

Also I don't remember any crazies in my BMB either (J18).  We did have a bunch of girls come on board really late and we didn't allow them to transition to FB.  I felt bad, but it was weird to show up SO late!
  • Options
    @bserena It's definitely one of the more UO that I've seen lately. Come on, someone top it! I'm trying to think of a really good one - I know I must have one!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    YALL STOP JUDGING ME. I AM THE OBSESSED DISNEY ADULT. 😂😂😂
    we go every year and every other year we take a second trip sans kids!

@windywoman that’s just awful. 

@hedgepig I’m side eyeing you, man buns are weird to me🤣 they look nice on some fellas but i don’t think I could be in a relationship with a man bun. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    I love Disney and love going to Disney World. I have been there 3 times and never with my own kid. There is so much to do with and without children. I can’t wait to take my son and this new baby once he or she is old enough. 

• Options
    @surlyjaneausten Jon Snow is so effing hot!
  • Options
    @surlyjaneausten MH had hair longer than mine has ever been for quite a while, and I used to french braid it every day for him 🤷‍♀️
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Options
    @dumbledoredies ugh, agreed. My number one guy. 
    @hedgepig I bought my husband a hair dryer in college as a Christmas gift because he never had one. And I cut it for him when he finally decided it was time. 
    @JEM525 we’ve gotten  matching Christmas jammies each year since my son has been born! Surprisingly my husband is always on board with them too!
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies Jon Snow got 600 times hotter when he busted out the man bun!! 
  • Options
    @JEM525 I don't think that's an UO 😆 I can't wait to drop my kid off at my parents house when I'm finally allowed to. Buh bye have fun seeya in a week!
  • Options
    I agree, @JEM525 that's definitely a popular opinion in my book! I had been counting down the days until DS was weaned and could go on longer day trips with grandparents and maybe even an over nighter once in a while. And then pretty much the very week it happened, nope! Quarantine and I've been with him nonstop ever since. 
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 oh geez. Of course timing would work out like that! I found out I was KU'd and 3 days later started potty training. Then a few days after that our governor put in a stay at home order and my toddler stopped napping (and hasnt napped since). Normally I get a ton of help from grandparents. It's been so hard being in the first trimester and doing everything alone with so many changes at once! Hang in there. I'm hoping in the next months things will loosen up for a bit ❤
  • Options
    @JEM525 definitely a popular opinion!!! I cannot wait until my kids can go to their grandparents houses for a weekend. Normally they spend at least one weekend a month with one set or the other, both sets life very close by and I love the close bonds that they have with their grandparents AND the mental health break for me! They are definitely driving me up the wall! 
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies I agree, the first trimester has been killer while trying to chase a toddler around! The fatigue alone makes it tough. It's really hard, too, because we are waiting to tell most people (other than grandparents) until after the first appointment, so I feel like I'm coming across to most people like some pathetic weakling who can't handle one kid herself whenever I talk about how tire I am and how hard it's been. 
  • Options
    @Ecat504 I am not sure I qualify as obsessed but Disney is amazing with kids. Disney Land and Disney Sea in Japan we’re a lot of fun. We just did a cruise with them last year for our anniversary. The kids LOVED it. 

My OU? I feel guilty for wanting to work and not hang out with my kids.