September 2020 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/13

• Anyone else have a serious Easter hangover? I feel this way after every holiday, which is weird considering we didn’t even leave our house or host Easter this year.  :D
  • edited April 2020
    @chasingroygbiv YES!! We still did some stuff from home, but comparatively this year was extremely mild. But I am still dragging ass this morning. I am a shower and make the beds everyday kind of person and still haven’t done either today. I need a do over of the morning. 

Edit because I cannot form coherent sentences
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Louise_Belcher I just finally showered!  :D We found baskets and eggs yesterday, baked, and made Easter dinner for our little (kinda) family. Beyond that we sat around and watched movies and played. It feels like I hosted a house full and spent a week planning or something though! I feel like such a bum. 
  • It was super hard to get out of bed at 7 am because it was storming bad and really dark 😞 driving to work wasn’t fun in the crazy wind 
  • itsmehere1212itsmehere1212 member
    edited April 2020
    Such an Easter hangover! Especially my kids. We kind of let most rules slide yesterday, since usually we’d be running around busy with family and friends. It was a great day, but trying to bring limits back after just one day was really rough!

edited because my grammar was killing me.
  • Last week in Oklahoma, it was in the eighties Fahrenheit
    It's snowing right now 😂
  • I’m working 12 hour shifts outside of my home and working from home two other days. I’m so damn exhausted. I did nothing but lay on the couch today, try to nap, and stuck my toddler in front of Netflix, I just can’t seem to get it together! 
  • @robinj716 That sounds exhausting!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • If you gals have ever hesitated at the thought of a nice warm/hot soak in the tub, I strongly recommend it! Some Dr Teals epsom salts and foaming bath liquid, a nice glass of non-alcoholic drink or some wine if you are inclined, some soft music, and it is paradise
    Of course, I had my phone on an ebook and no music or drink, but the water was comfortably hot and the Dr Teals has left me feeling soft and happy and refreshed and I cannot get enough of the scent on my skin now 😍
  • This next week until my AS is going to kill me with the wait! I may have to start taking long walks with DS just to make time go faster lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 mine is Monday and I for sure am trying to keep my anxiety/excitement at bay. I’m just ready to see my healthy little guy! 
  • So many anatomy scans this week. How exciting! Mine is on Thursday and definitely feeling some anxiety as always. 
  • Same! Mine is 4/27 and I can’t wait! My weeks usually go by super fast though because of work so hopefully it won’t drag too bad for all of us! 
  • So excited to see so many ultrasounds next week!! I hope everyone’s goes smoothly. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @ktholysz Sending you good vibes! Cannot wait to see your ultrasound pic  :)
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Positive vibes your way! @ktholysz
  • @ktholysz Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @ktholysz prayers for a good ultrasound scan tomorrow and continued health for you little guy! So exciting that so many of you have your scans this week! 

My anatomy scan isn’t until May 6 right at 20 weeks and the suspense is driving me crazy! I decided to still go to my OB check this month on Tuesday,  in person so I can hear baby’s heartbeat since I haven’t since 14 weeks. I’ve been getting a little more anxious just wanting to know baby is ok and I can’t really feel the baby yet other than MAYBE flutters but I can’t really tell so I need some reassurance 
  • @ktholysz all the good vibes for you tomorrow!! ❤️ ❤️

I found out on Friday that my AS won't be for almost a month!! :( I'm just bummed I didn't get to hear baby's heart at my 17w appt because it was Telehealth. Let the waiting commence!! 
  • @ktholysz sending much love and positivity.
    ❤️❤️
  • @ktholysz good vibes!!!! I'm hoping everything will turn out to be great!
  • @ktholysz So many good thoughts for you and your little guy!
  • @ktholysz thinking of you today!!

also, my app updated and I cannot find the community anywhere so I’m on browser for now. Anyone know where it is? 
  • @greyl I had the same problem but figured out when you hit the 3 lines on the top left of your home screen it pulls up a side menu that lists community under tools 
  • @greyl I was just coming to whine about this. What the heck? Took me a good 5 minutes! Let’s just hope the app works better now and they didn’t just doctor up cosmetically....
  • @momofmiracles31889 I updated the app and click on the 3 lines and don’t even see tools. 😑 I guess I will continue using my browser. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• NM I found it tools when I clicked on pregnancy and then it showed up.

• Tools doesn’t show up for me. Oh well maybe it will get fixed hopefully lol
  • @greyl hit the three lines then the arrow next to pregnancy. Don’t click on the words or it will take you to different screen.

• Sorry I missed the step about clicking on the arrow next to pregnancy! Glad some of you figured it out! Oh technology, right when I figure it out there’s a new update to confuse me 😂
  • The path to the community is annoying and feels like they are hiding it, but it is running so much smoother for me. Very happy about that!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • I agree; I have muscle memory to just click the bottom right to get to community. A pain to have to go into the menu and tools now! 
  • I am so glad that I’m not the only one who was super lost finding the community link in the new update.
  • edited April 2020
    @robyn2201 thank you! 🤍
  • Mine hasn't updated yet and now I'm dreading it 😂

SO is driving us to work tonight so I have a rare chance to chat and catch up in the afternoon for once! Was going to go on Pinterest to double check a couple of registry pins I saved, found this one and started reading then teared up. Obviously every Mom is different and anyone not an FTM will know what they're taking, but still might be a fun read!

https://www.swaddlesnbottles.com/if-i-could-repack-my-hospital-bag-2/
  • I was a bit of an odd duck in that after my c section, I wanted to be in my own clothes lol. I brought an "old lady" nightgown with buttons up the front which was perfect for nursing, and during the day I got dressed in some super comfy slouchy pants and a nursing tank top. I brought my robe but only used it like once lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Louise_Belcher I had to wait to get changed out of the Johnny shirt until they removed my catheter and it killed me to be in it lol. I didn't do makeup except mascara (which is normal for me) but I definitely messed with my hair, especially since I had gotten it chopped off the week prior and was still figuring out how to wear it lol.
    We were also there for 5 days and I took a shower every day from day 2 to 5 lol. I just needed to be fresh. And my sheets got soiled and I was literally trying to hunt down where to find fresh sheets so I could change them myself lol. I'm not very good at sitting still
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022