October 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, 3/30: Oct. 15-21

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What's the weirdest dream you remember?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, 3/30: Oct. 15-21

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/21

Week of pregnancy: 10+5

Upcoming Appointments: 4/13

Rant/Rave: meh. I feel like I'm constantly ranting in my head, but things are fine overall. I've finally been feeling better on the nausea front for the last week until I threw up this morning. I'm hoping things are on the upswing in general though. Good chance I had COVID last week (was exposed and developed cough/cold symptoms) but was mild and didn't think it was worth testing since I wasn't going anywhere for at least two weeks (and again, my symptoms were very mild). DH has it now though and was supposed to go back to work at the hospital Saturday so I think he's going to go get tested soon.

I used to have this recurring dream as a kid that there was this special "death bird" and if it pooped on you, you had to go sleep outside in the woods for a week or your whole family would die. It was terrifying as a child and also just bizarre that I repeatedly had that dream. Also, of course it always pooped on me.

I also had a dream when I was pregnant with DD that I gave birth to a baby giraffe. So there's that.
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/20

Week of pregnancy: 10 week 6 days 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow

Rant/Rave: I’ve been sad and lonely since the stay at home order started here. I miss my friends and finally being pregnant I was looking forward to sharing this pregnancy with them. They put together a little goodie bags with candy, gift cards to buy maternity clothes, Teas, crafts for DD and cards they kids made us. It was so thoughtful and reminded me I’m not alone even if I can’t leave the house. 

I’ve been having some weird dreams lately. I keep having this dream that I’m giving birth and the babies don’t stop coming. Just baby after baby until I wake up. 

@carrotsandpeas3 That sounds like such a terrifying dream. I used to have recurrent nightmares as a kid, but I don’t remember them. My nausea has been getting better, but I had a random bad day yesterday. I think things are getting easier as we get closer to the second trimester. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/20

Week of pregnancy: 11 weeks

Upcoming Appointments: not until May 5 (16 weeks) due to COVID :( It was supposed to be April 8 at 12 weeks.

Rant/Rave: I was able to use my time at home not teaching and clean out what will be our nursery today! I’ve had some things of ours in tubs in there for a while but we needed storage, so I had DH go to Menards today and pick up a heavy duty metal storage shelf for our basement back room! I put it together all by myself 💪🏻 (I also made him look for TP while he was there, but nope)

I have had this recurring dream as long as I can remember about Barney the dinosaur doing a tap dance. It’s so weird 😂
  • Options
    10/18

Week of pregnancy: 
    11🙌

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Tomorrow

Rant/Rave: 
    I'm so tired I can't think of anything to rant or rave about currently. 

All my dreams are weird, the most recent one was where the plots and gameplay of three games I'd been playing were all spliced together and I was so pissed because characters kept showing up from other games and I was like hold on, this isn't your world, GTFO and they inevitably killed me. It was so stupid and I woke up completely pissed off. 
    @mamahosch I wish I had your energy! My house is clean but I haven't started on one single project :/  
  • Options
    @mamahosch Another teacher here. How are think rolling out for tour district as far as online teaching? What age do you teach? 

Week of pregnancy: 11 today!

Upcoming Appointments: was bummed last week because they called and changed my first appointment on the 9th to video call. But then they called today and did say I get to have a first tri US still and scheduled it for the 7th! It lifted my spirits a ton because I thought I was going to never see or hear this baby. 

Rant/Rave: DHs store (Verizon) finally decided to close after state cops came yesterday and gave them strict guildlines in what they could do in the store. I’m so happy. His direct boss isn’t taking everything that seriously so I’m glad it’s being shut down from above. I want him home. I get telecommunications are essential but none of the things his customers were coming in for were emergencies.

GTKY: What's the weirdest dream you remember? Oh my...so so many. The first one that comes to mind was when I was pregnant with my first I dreamt I gave birth in a two story department store to twins and then just left one in a crib like I lived there or something. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 Glad you get to go in after all. I went in today and it went well, but I don’t go back until the end of May! 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I teach 4-year-old preschool. What about you? We actually cannot do any new teaching to our students because we have to make sure we are being equitable and providing FAPE to our students (I have two students on an IEP since I’m preschool SPED), which is almost impossible with distance learning. I’ve only read stories to my kids on Zoom and they were able to see each other. What is your district doing?
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Oct. 18th

Week of pregnancy: 11+3 today

Upcoming Appointments: I have a phone consultation with maternal fetal medicine on the 7th to set up my labs for a NIPT screening.

Rant/Rave: Morning sickness returned yesterday out of nowhere. I got up, had a cup of coffee like I do every morning and my body was like NOPE. It was the first time my husband has heard me throw up, so he was teasing me about it all day. I think it was a combination of a migraine that I've had for a few days and overdoing it on yard work over the weekend and into Monday, plus, you know, pregnancy LOL. Thankfully, the migraine has subsided today, so I feel much more like finishing up the stuff we started over the weekend.

GTKY: What's the weirdest dream you remember? I've had recurring disaster-related dreams my whole life. The ones I mostly remember usually have to do with witnessing planes crashing into the ocean, buildings crumbling to the ground, bridges collapsing, etc. When I was taking trazodone for anxiety-related insomnia, I was this trippy dream where I went to this barn that was actually some sort of purgatory where people were suspended from meat hooks and there was this triangle-shaped guy in armor who was the "judge". I escaped through a hole in the loft of the barn, and then hopped on a wooden ship and sailed down a river to get away. I actually wound up journaling it with drawings so MH could understand. I only took the trazodone for a month because I just couldn't handle the dreams. 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/19

Week of pregnancy: 11

Upcoming Appointments: today - saw MFM, genetics, and had an ultrasound 

Rant/Rave: Rave is I got to see baby, rant is I failed my GTT and have to do the 3 hour next week. (I had GDM last time)

GTKY: What's the weirdest dream you remember? Last night I dreamt my whole extended family had covid and my parents had a bunch of big and small cats. I think that came from Tiger King 😂
  • Options
    @mamahosch
    I teach 1st. So far we’ve only done review as well. But the governor of our state just announced that starting the 13th we will be doing continuing education which I think is a horrible idea. We have so many low income students with no access or support and it’s just going to widen the gap even further. We have a school wide zoom meeting Monday so I’ll know more about what I’m required to do then. 
  • Options
    domizaledomizale member
    edited April 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): October 14th

Week of pregnancy: 12

Upcoming Appointments:  I had my 1st trimester screening done today. I also go back to the doctor on April 15th

Rant/Rave:  this whole coronavirus situation. My husband was not allowed to come with me to my appointment today. I was devastated. It made me so upset to hear the heartbeat for the first time without him next to me as well as do the ultrasound. It's our first pregnancy and he stated that he feels like he won't be a part of it due to all the limitations now. Our family also lives about 4 hours away and we have no clue when we will get to see them again. 

Oh gosh too many to name. Every night I have the craziest dreams. 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/16

Week of pregnancy: 12 weeks

Upcoming Appointments:  Most likely a virtual visit later this month

Rant/Rave:   I am thankful I still have a job and I'm not worrying about finances like a lot of people who aren't able to work right now, but I am stressed.  My job has always been stressful, but COVID has caused it to be so much more stressful.  I feel sick to my stomach every day that I go to work, but I also feel sick to my stomach when I go home.  I'm afraid of accidentally infecting my family.  I am thankful that people at work do seem to care that I am pregnant, but I can't completely get rid of the risk.  Currently, I wear a N95 mask all day every day at work and I wash my hands constantly to minimize the risk.  This whole situation has caused me to not really think about being pregnant because my mind is so focused on work right now.

GTKY: What's the weirdest dream you remember?  Every dream that I have is weird.  Last night, I was one of the sharks on "Shark Tank," and I invested in some weird bubble bath product.  After investing in that product, I decided to go build a house with a ten car garage which was built within one day.  I didn't have any cars in my dream, so the garage remained empty.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @domizale I’m sorry hun. First time moms have been on my mind when it comes to all of that. I’ve been thankful that this is my third so it really doesn’t bother me that DH cannot be there for the US and such but if this was my first pregnancy I’d be really sad about it. I’m sorry that covid is robbing you of the joys of becoming a mother. ❤️

@AB518 I can’t even imagine the stress. Godspeed! 
  • Options
    EDD: 10/15

Week of pregnancy: Week 12 

Upcoming appts: I had a telephone call appt this past Thursday. I'm high risk but nothing seems out of place so they're skipping my week 16 appt. I go in May 20th for Appt, Fetal echo and Ultrasound level 1 with gender reveal and defect checks. Husband can't attend but I think we'll be okay. Our hospital is allowing video conferencing the partner at the end of the sonogram. 

Rant/Rave: I am 100% ready to be over this 24 hour queasiness. 

Weirdest dream: Definitely a vivid crazy dreamer. But the weirdest one was shopping a giant display of holiday gift bags on sale. And finding a bag that had a mountain side and cottage with a fire in the chimney. And 100s of green army men racing up the mountain with two in the center fighting and spewing blood. Showing my mom and dad the bag and saying the two fighting in the center reminds me of my dad and brother.