August 2020 Moms

The Great Registry and Baby Shower Thread

Here's a place for us to chat about our registries and baby showers/sprinkles! A few topic ideas to get us started:

• Where is everyone registering?
  • What's the number one thing you hope to get off your registry?
  • STM+, what's one thing you think everyone should have on their registry and what's one thing you got but never used?
  • What's your favorite shower game/activity? 

Image result for baby shower schitts creek gif

Re: The Great Registry and Baby Shower Thread

• Loading the player...
  • @rivercitynik I've seen Babylist but haven't explored it.  If I were to register there and link Amazon and Buy Buy Baby and someone went into Buy Buy Baby and made a purchase, it would carry over to Babylist?  That sounds awesome!  I have a lot of older relatives that will definitely want to go to the store vs. ordering online.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 the way it looks on mine it actually takes you to the amazon and target registry so it tracks everything and I don't think there is a risk of duplicates being purchased unless you register for something in multiple places

@roo_baby ohh I would totally take you up on this!

• edited March 2020
    Just a heads up, some of my family members found babylist confusing. 🤷. So they saw the item and purchased it, but it didn't look like it till I marked it for them.

I also noticed recently for a family member I had to go into her babylist and mark items purchased because she had a separate Amazon registry and they didn't sync.
  • @BusinessWife that's good to know! Maybe I'll buy a small thing off mine to see how it works so I can make sure to manage it well when others start buying off it.
  • Registering on Amazon to get that diaper discount! Not planning to share it, but I guess the number one thing I hope to get (I.e. will be purchasing myself) is a car seat to bring baby home. Haha.

Top things we loved- our Uppababy stroller (we bought it when baby was ~9 months, but I wish we had purchased it sooner) and a good glider. We have a Dutailier glider and while it was on the pricier side, it was a lifesaver. 
    Things we didn’t use: bottles (baby preferred from the source and pumping didn’t work out for me 😞) and a Rock n Play (I don’t think they sell these anymore? We got it instead of a swing, but I think the swing would have been much much better.) 

• @kimbo262 we love our dutailier glider too! I got one that reclines and has the nursing stool. Well worth the splurge! Several of my friends that got ones from baby’s r us or target said they started squeaking within the year. Our glider is 4 years old and is a smooth and quiet as ever.
    Craft Blog
  • @WishesSheCouldCook Yes! The reclining and foot stool are a must! My husband uses it as his recliner in his office. 😂 We got ours from BBB and I’m pretty sure we used the 20% off coupon too! 
  • Does anyone know of any good registry incentives besides the amazon welcome box and the target gift bag?
  • @roo_baby babylist has one I remember not being too bad!  There were a lot of coupons I didn't use, but also a lot of things I did ;)
  • @roo_baby I actually just requested the Babylist one so I can report back on what's in it currently. It cost $10 but then you get a $10 credit to their store. I was lurking on the June board 😂 and someone there posted about getting one from Grove Collaborative, but I poked around their site and it wasn't immediately clear to me how to get it. 
  • @rivercitynik yes keep us updated! I don’t need to register for much, but I want all the goodies. 
  • @whl1013 what is that little bottle in the right?
  • @BusinessWife it’s an Evenflo bottle.
  • @coldlife same with baby juice that they sell. Ladies don't buy juice labeled to baby and infants. If you feel your baby needs help with constipation so you give them juice just buy normal juice and water it down.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• So I think someone on here (maybe @BusinessWife) mentioned they had trouble tracking things with Babylist... can you share more about that? I noticed the other day one of my items had been "reserved" by a friend, but then a few days later it wasn't. I'm not sure if this means they thought about getting it and changed their mind, or maybe they actually got it and for some reason the registry isn't tracking it. 

• @rivercitynik A close friend of mine used Babylist recently and I sent her some gifts from the registry.  The site lets you reserve the gift, then will prompt you to visit the actual website to order the gift (Amazon, BBB, etc.).  Then, the gifter will need to mark that they purchased the item to remove it from the registry.  If they didn't purchase the gift, they can remove the reservation of it, like if they changed their mind and decided to purchase a different item instead.  The site isn't very intuitive, esp those not super tech savvy.  I recall being a bit confused.  But Babylist did prompt me after purchasing the items to mark that I had purchased them, as initially I hadn't done that.
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Thanks @ziggymama06! I might buy something off my BL registry just to see how it all works. I wonder if maybe someone doesn't confirm a purchase within a certain amount of time if they take it off reserved status. Which site did you decide to use for your registry? 
  • Maybe I am wrong but I saw some restrictions on the Amazon 20% off. I think you can't apply it to the big ticket item brands like Graco etc. 
  • @rivercitynik That's a good idea to test out a purchase.  I went with Buy Buy Baby and Amazon.  It was tough to limit it. I found a few things at Pottery Barn that I fell in love with (crib skirt and organic crib sheet) that I had to have so I just bought them.  🤷‍♀️
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @rivercitynik Thanks for the heads up. I finally started our registry last night and chose Babylist because I like being able to add stuff from any website I want and I’m too lazy to do multiple registries. :)
  • @ziggymama06 what skirt and sheet did you pick from PB? I have been dying over the Peter Rabbit crib sheet, but I hate how expensive that store is!
  • I get emails every so often from babycenter. I usually delete them. One I got last week had the subject line "virtual baby showers". I am not doing a shower since this is my second, so I didn't read it. I thought it was nice that there are some platforms out there to help with ideas and games for how to make it work! Hopefully we will be able to have gatherings this summer, but in case it would ease anyone's mind, I thought I would throw it out there! Might be worth a quick Google!