July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 2/17

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 2/17

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the kind words. It’s been a hard day already. He’s had a good life though and our lives have been better because of him ❤️ So I’m trying to remember that even though it’s hard we don’t want him suffering. We’ve decided to have him cremated because we might move and the thought of him being here when we move made me sad. I figured this way we can decide what to do when we are ready. I like the paw print idea too. 

@blaf322 yay for good news today at your appointment!!! Also, I probably did a terrible job but we let the girls know he was going to be with Jesus today because he’s hurting a lot and it’s just his time. I know this is very confusing to our oldest since it’s not just happening on it’s own but I wanted her to be able to say goodbye. Thank you for the offer though. I wish I would have done a bit more research myself! 

• Options
    @hbird0723 I'm sure she really appreciates the opportunity to say goodbye. Sending hugs to all of you <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hbird0723 so sorry about your pup. There's really nothing like them. We just lost our family dog (15 years old) last month and it still makes me so sad. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited February 2020
    @footdrbritt I'm so sorry to hear your AS didn't go as hoped, I'm so happy you have excellent people in mind already! You will have so much fun with your little boy- my boys are a hoot. 💙
    I am assuming you will have a follow up scan to get a good look at baby boy's heart?
  • Options
    A lot to catch up on here too, but @footdrbritt I'm sorry the AS didn't go well, do they plan to have you come back and do another one soon to get a better look at things?

And @hbird0723 your posts about your pup are heartbreaking - pup was clearly very loved but I'm so sorry about your loss.

@blaf322 I'm glad you had some good news to share after your OB appt! Ugh I just want good outcomes for all of us so badly.
  • Options
    @footdrbritt I'm so sorry! I know this is a lot to process. We're here if you need to vent. 
    That said, congratulation on baby boy! FX you find a healthy heart when you go back for a follow up :smile:
  • Options
    @blaf322 thanks. DH keeps telling me not to ‘doctor’ but it’s legit all I can do. I quite literally do club feet for a living. Now I need to find a person I trust to do it, because obviously I can’t treat my own kid (although I’m sure I’m going to be hella annoying to that poor staff). My bigger worry is there’s an underlying issue since we couldn’t see the heart and now complete previa. Which again; I had to explain to DH that’s bad 🙄
  • Options
    @footdrbritt ugh I'm sorry to hear the AS didn't go so well. That's a lot to take in at once, and especially with your medical background you know a lot more than most people! I hope there aren't any underlying issues with his heart. When do you go back for another scan? Congratulations on a boy! If I'm remembering right, you have a son already right? Brothers will be so fun!
  • Options
    @footdrbrit . So sorry the AS didn't go awesome but congrats on a boy!  
  • Options
    @footdrbritt congrats on boy! Sorry you didn’t get good news on As.  More knowledge is sometimes so much extra stress.

@hbird0723 so sorry about your puppy.  They are other children.
  • Options
    @footdrbritt it’s so hard not to slip into the medical professional mindset when that’s what you do all day, everyday. At least, like you said, you know how to get it treated! Did they say if there’s any hope for your placenta to move? Congrats on a baby boy!! 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt who cares if you're annoying for them. If they don't understand why that would be the case, they're crazy! I'm really hoping you don't find any underlying issues. When is your follow-up? 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt good for you for advocating for yourself and your little babe. I hope they allow you to go back to Ohio. :heart:
  • Options
    Still thinking of you today @footdrbritt

I think my kiddo came home from school with a possible concussion yesterday. Apparently in PE (he's a 7th grader) someone ran into him pretty hard (he didnt see it coming) and he fell down and hit his head. He said he had a bad headache afterwards and the school nurse gave him some tylenol. She also sent him home with a concussion pamphlet. No phone call to me though. 🙄. This morning he woke up with ringing in his ears- so I am going to take him to urgent care this afternoon, as soon as DH gets home and can fill In for daycare for me. Not that they can do anything other than tell him to rest, avoid reading and electronics. I'm still annoyed that they didnt even call. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @footdrbritt! Sorry to hear about your news. I think there’s something going on in the atmosphere right now. My antepartum unit is 4/10 patients with a complete previa. And has been like this for a couple months. Hoping your follow up shows babes heart is doing well! And I hope that they let you get your care in Ohio! 

@modoodles that would be seriously irritating. And scary! Why not call the parents, especially if he needed some Tylenol after! Hope he feels better throughout the day!
  • Options
    @footdrbritt Good call on cancelling your patients. Not only would it be tough to be an effective surgeon with all this, but also, you have to take care of #1! It sounds like you're setting yourself up to be as prepared as possible... it's the best you can do right now. Sending you all the healthy baby vibes between now and then <3 We're always here if you need us!!
  • Options
    @modoodles I'd be HOT! I cannot believe they didn't call you!
  • Options
    @footdrbritt I am so sorry to hear about all the news from your AS, that is a lot to take in. But how lucky this little guy is to have you as his Mama already advocating for him to get the best possible outcomes. 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt so sorry for these scares! But, holy moly, what a jackpot of a mom this little guy got! I’m sure it’s super hard to know everything this entails and to find someone you trust but your kiddo is so lucky to have you as his champion. I hope you get a great picture of his heart soon so you can take a deep breath and that next steps feel logical and supportive.

@blaf322 thinking of you! I’m sure it’s hard to think about a preterm delivery but your doc update sounds reassuring. You’re doing all the best things to mentally and emotionally prepare and that’s a gift to your little one. Deep breaths!
  • Options
    @blaf322 That's funny!  Way to keep a sense of humor.
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah DD wasn't really ever breech so this is the weirdest feeling ever lol
  • Options

@footdrbritt a bit late to respond but I will be thinking of you over these next few days. I hope there is something you're able to do to keep your mind occupied and find some reason to smile and laugh!

• Options
    @blaf322 You're killing me lol. Happy to hear your OB was reassuring. 

@footdrbritt Echoing what others have said about your son having hit the jackpot in the mom department. I hope your next appointment gives you some reassurance. Hang in there. 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 Can you pleeeease try it and let us know how it goes? 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 bahaha... yes, please do it and let us know how it goes :D 
  • Options
    @blaf322 yes! I get excited that there’s something new to distract me from work, but nope, just my comment.
  • Options
    @blaf322 lol yes! I've been doing the same thing just to clear it, but it's annoying. I know I commented! Also, I waited the 5 minutes for people to finish in the kitchen before I went in. Sorry to disappoint! :joy:
  • Options
    Glad to hear you all are suffering with me :D
    ::leaves and then checks back to clear my own comment notification::
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 YES! Literally every time he gets off early and I have the day off or home from cases on time I get so freaking annoyed. 100% understand 
  • Options
    My store had cotton candy grapes today ❤️  And I’ve been on a big fruit kick. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 oooh are those good? i havent had them but have been intrigued by them haha. ive been on a fruit kick too! i want melons so bad but they arent in season and are terrible right now!! but ive also been craving oranges and we just got back from arizona where we picked a ton of oranges fresh off the tree, so thats been great!
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Options
    @knockupthestock I literally just bought cantaloupe and the grapes. Haha
    And yes the grapes are really good. Like an extra treat. And SUPER good dessert if you freeze them. 
  • Options
    DH is going out of town again tomorrow. He was gone last week for 3 days and gone for 3 days two weeks prior to that. I get it, it is his job, but it is dang hard to be a solo parent! He’s in the running for a new position, which would be good, and I hope that all of this traveling pays off. And I hope DD sleeps well when he’s gone. I swear she knows he isn’t here and it’s just me and wants to be rocked all night long.