July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 2/17

random thoughts go here

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 2/17

• Options
    I just filled up a mug of work coffee, took a sip, and spit it right back into the mug. It was chunky it was so full of grounds. Trying not to hurl.

• Options
    @stlbuckeye132 no no no nooooooo. That’s disgusting 🤢
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I. cannot. focus. Like, at all today. Honestly, I wish I could just go TF home. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 sending you some extra love today- I cant imagine being pregnant and working your job. I hope you get some major comfort at your appointment tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 wow... that has to be so triggering to be there for. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel good about things after tomorrow's appt.

@modoodles you need to treat yo'self mama! But also, that gives me anxiety :D My dad owns a salon and day spa but will absolutely be retired by the time DD may want to get her hair done (more than just a cut). I've never (well, once b/c I didn't have time to make the drive home to get it done) paid to have my hair done and cannot imagine having to pay for both myself and DD!
  • Options
    @footdrbritt that sounds awful! Your poor H. Why are they being so restrictive with his care? I can't understand why you wouldn't want to make sure he's getting the appropriate treatment(s)... like, if it gets really serious b/c you wouldn't let him go, that would be on his PCM's conscience.
  • Options
    @blaf322 honestly I have no idea. I’ve written to the patient advocates and his PCM on his behalf so if anything happens they’re at fault. 
    Military medicine is notoriously poor, and although his PCM has been great in the past, he told me he ‘didn’t believe the urgent care could read his chest X-ray’ (it looked awful anyone could have seen something was wrong) and so I uploaded it into the hospitals system and instead of a consult they got him another scan and an appointment with his PCM tomorrow, which I will be attending. 
    The VA was slightly better, but wanted him to go through the major VA center in SC, which is a 2.5 hour drive and not happening (he has little leave and trying to save up for the baby, since the federal paternity leave won’t go into place until
    2021)
  • Options
    @footdrbritt so glad you're able to go with him. And so sorry y'all are dealing with this! FX he can get some decent care after his appt tomorrow.
  • Options
    @blaf322 thanks ❤️Hopefully! Plus it meant he didn’t have to take additional time off for the AS right after so win win!
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 ugh that sounds really hard. I hope you get some good reassurance at your appt tomorrow.

@footdrbritt that's crazy. I'm glad you're going to his appt tomorrow and hopefully they'll take things seriously.
  • Options
    +1 with the tired, not focusing, want to sit and veg all day vibes. I was literally crying at home before I left for work today (thank you pregnancy hormones for all the overreactions) because I just don't feel great. It's nothing truly terrible, but man I so wish I could just stay at home and sit on the couch with no one to take care of today. Headache and what I think is probably a sinus infection are wearing me out. Got a very sugary coffee on the way in, eating some junk food, and hoping that actually getting something productive done will help my mood.

@modoodles I haven't had a haircut in forever either. For quite a while, I got them from my cousin (not free but cheap!), but she's way out of my way now that she only works out of her house instead of a salon. I finally found a little salon that isn't a chain, doesn't charge much, and does a decent job, but I'm bad about making time for it. I don't color my hair and I hate wearing it down so just get a super basic trim, so it's not even a huge time suck. Just one more thing to think about fitting into my schedule.

Speaking of which, I have a spa gift certificate that MH got me for MOTHER'S DAY last year that I still haven't used. I had an appointment scheduled once but had to cancel because work stuff came up. I think I'm going to use it soon. Can't decide between a massage and a facial, though.

@nursejenn5 I'm sorry for the tough work situations, that's got to be hard.

@footdrbritt I hope they get things sorted out with a good plan for your husband. That sounds so frustrating.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited February 2020
    @kristinl492 I took care of multiple couples at some point in the process in the first weeks I knew(when work didn’t know). They try not to assign our pregnant nurses to those patients if possible, especially once there’s a noticeable bump showing.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 We try to do something similar and keep any visibly pregnant techs off of those cases, but sometimes it’s unavoidable, depending on staffing or if it’s one person on call.
  • Options
    @blaf322 Focus? What’s that? The baby brain is in full effect over here 🙋🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @hbird0723 sorry about the puppers. That’s so hard, especially with pregnancy hormones. Hugs and good vibes for you. Our female german shepherd has hip dysplasia and so she’s on borrowed time, when you know it’s time, I promise you’ll know ❤️❤️
  • Options
    @hbird0723 fur babies are so tough. I’m sorry you’re going through that. I still have a heavy heart from saying goodbye to one of my favorite pups a couple years ago, but @footdrbritt is right, when it’s time, you’ll know. Even though it definitely doesn’t make it any easier. Sending you hugs. 
  • Options
    @footdbritt and @nursejenn5 thank you! I think I’ve known but kept holding onto hope the medication would work. Last night we decided it’s not fair he’s going through all this. He has an appointment today. Will be a rough day and then some. Was there anything you did to help? Like in memory of. 

• Options
    @hbird0723  Thinking of you ❤️
    My parents vet had ceramic paws prints done of all our animals which was thoughtful. I’ve asked for prints of their paws on card stock, which we framed. 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    @hbird0723 I'm so sorry, love. I'll be thinking about you and your pup today. It's not fair that we get such a short time with our fur babies <3

ETA: I did a lot of research about how to tell DD when our dog died. LMK if you want/need any insight into what I read was best to say/how to say it. She was around 2.5 when our dog passed.
  • Options
    @hbird0723 oh I'm so sorry about your pup. My heart is breaking for you. We had to put one of our dogs down right before our wedding, and we also got a ceramic paw print. We got her ashes too and buried them at my ILs' house because we knew we'd be moving.
  • Options
    @blaf322 that’s such great news!!
  • Options
    @blaf322 what a great update! :heart:
  • Options
    @blaf322 I'm trying to be helpful and post the next product spotlight, but I can't find the list anywhere?! Help a sister out?
  • Options
    @blaf322 yay! Such good news! 

@hbird0723 I kept his collar tag. I was gonna keep his collar but during the time I felt that it was his and wanted him to have it. Our vets office sent us a card about a week later with his paw print. Idk if yours does something like this. But it is nice to look back on(wasn’t as nice so fresh in the moment though). I still have that and his tag hanging up in the fridge. That was one of the hardest days of my life, still tear up thinking about it. And I cried for weeks after, I’m a big crier. I am definitely sending you and your family love today. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your pup @hbird0723. Sending you extra love. I've noticed my senior pup slowing down a bit in the last few weeks and I know we will be there before I'm ready. 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for the pup sadness @hbird0723. Our pup is 10 and watching her age has been tough. Fur babies are so precious. I hope you’re comforted by lovely memories and are able to celebrate his life in a way that helps you heal. 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 shoot! I totally forgot about that. Thank you for the reminder! I'll post it really quickly :smile:
    With everything on my mind yesterday, I totally forgot!
  • Options
    @hbird0723 I'm so sorry about your pup.  Sending you LOTS of love.  

@blaf322 Yay for much better news today!  
  • Options
    @blaf322 I wasn't trying to bug you to post it, sorry! Is the master list somewhere on our board though? I couldn't find it, but I'm sure it's here somewhere. 
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 oh, I know you weren't! I don't mind posting it. I posted the link when I first asked for folks to review to see how they felt about the topics and order I had put them in... but can't remember where that is. Maybe in the board organization thread? Either way, it's also here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i5PPAtA-jQ9E3pf0XkXFsHNGZbCVfgOCghZFWGH0Izw/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    @hbird0723 So sorry to hear about your pup. My family dog that we got when I was 16 is on her last weeks/months of life and it’s so sad to see this huge part of your life fading. The brutal reality of owning a dog. I have 2 of my own now and I dread that day, especially with the kids loving the dogs 😭. 

@blaf322 sounds like best case scenario for what’s going on! That’s great!