Announcements!

greylgreyl member
edited February 14 in September 2020 Moms
We haven’t done one of these yet! 

Who have you already told?
Who will you be telling next?
Anyone you want to avoid telling?
Any special ways you’ve told anyone?
Will you be making a social media announcement? When? If so, feel free to share your idea!

*inspired by previous BMBs*
me: 28
dh: 26
married: 10/18
bfp: 1/7/20
edd: 9/20/20

Re: Announcements!

• I told my work fam because I need a little more help when I'm pregnant. And my bff is the first one I told after hubby lol.
    In laws got told this week when we were up in an attempt to cheer them up. My parents will be told today after my scan.
    I'll make a FB announcement in a couple of weeks for everyone else and I'm thinking that I'll probably get DS a "big brother" shirt and take a picture 😊
    Momma to 3 angels and one amazing boy.
    Due with #2 September 2020

greylboymommatwo
  • We just finally told my mom because we had a full day of appointments out of town for MFM/genetics yesterday and she had the kids and would’ve wondered.. I didn’t want to tell her yet because she kind of drives me batty about it, but... trying to figure out when we will tell the kids.. ideally I was pushing for after our anatomy scan, but it’s so far away. Maybe around 16 weeks and then everyone else on Easter? No clue how we will announce yet! With our last we made a video of telling the kids and pictures finding out the gender then shared that. We will see this go around. 
    greylmachenoboymommatwo
  • Loading the player...
  • so far just my sister since she was in town staying at our house and I figured she might find out anyway with me being nauseous etc. we had DD come down wearing a big sister tshirt to tell her. 

Now that we had our first ultrasound we will probably tell our parents. I think we might FaceTime them with her in the same shirt (we live across the country) Most likely going to wait another month or so to go fully public.
    greylmflowers929machenoboymommatwo
  • greylgreyl member
    edited February 15
    We have told my in laws, my mom, my SIL, and H’s grandparents. My mom took the liberty to tell my sister, two brothers, and aunt. And by now who knows who else. That was annoying but it’s whatever.  I told one person at work who I knew wouldn’t tell anyone. H has told a few of his friends because we were planning a trip with them before we found out and had to cancel.
    I have to eventually tell the rest of work. They’re trying to get me to transfer to another location right now so I’ll probably have to say something soon. I’m sure the rest of my family knows since my siblings are blabber mouths. Haven’t gotten any congratulations yet tho except from my sister. 🙄 typical. 
    I’m avoiding telling a lot of people. I’ve become a really private person and I haven’t really wanted to share with anyone. 
    I’m not sure if we will make an announcement. Maybe that will be my way of telling everyone I’m avoiding. But it wouldn’t be until shortly before the baby is born. Probably just a photo of something baby and maybe me and H. 
    mflowers929machenoboymommatwoballetnerd
  • Who have you already told? Just DH 
    Who will you be telling next? Our families next weekend after my NT ultrasound on Friday. I will be 12 weeks this Monday, but with a *TW previous loss TW* We wanted to wait until end of 1st trimester
    Anyone you want to avoid telling? no
    Any special ways you’ve told anyone? I told DH on Christmas- wrapped up a onesie and with my positive HPT and a card
    Will you be making a social media announcement? When? We will announce on social media after we tell our families. Nothing too special just probably with the onesie I gave to DH and my US photo. For our families we're going to give them Valentine's cards and goodie bags.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    mflowers929boymommatwogreyl
  • Who have you already told? We told my parents right away using our letter board because we couldn’t say it out loud in front of the kids. We see them almost daily and there would be zero chance of hiding it. Also having my mom’s help is priceless. We told a few friends who we couldn’t hid from and I told my previous BMB right away. We waited until after the ultrasound (10weeks) to announce to the rest of our families and friends. We told work last week at 11 weeks. 

Who will you be telling next? Whoever we see that doesn’t know. Social media. 

Anyone you want to avoid telling? Nope. I just prefer everyone knows at the point that I am showing so I don’t have to head off awkward stares while they wonder if I am expecting. I would prefer people talk about it instead of get weird and act like they didn’t notice.

Any special ways you’ve told anyone? We sat our boys (4 and almost 3) down the day after our ultrasound and told them and it was adorable. I expected DS1 to roll his eyes and yell “I ALREADY KNOW THAT MOM!!” as he is doing for everything right now. But instead he was so excited and wanted to hug my belly. Recently he saw a pic of a freshly born baby with all the goo so he had concerns about how they were going to get my blood back in me. Which was sweet and very where he is at right now to focus on the yucky things. He also informed us the baby would be called Tutu. DS2 is more aloof about the whole thing, but likely will connect more dots when there is a belly to see and movement to feel. 

Will you be making a social media announcement? When? If so, feel free to share your idea! We will, but probably not for a while. I may just wait until after the anatomy scan. But I do love a good bump photo so I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait that long. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    jennifer_louisemflowers929boymommatwoballetnerd
  • We've told our parents, my grown up step kiddos, and our siblings. I've told one of my friends just because our boys are the same age (born a week apart on eachothers due dates) and we have been talking about setting up more play dates but I keep rescheduling because I feel so terrible. Everyone is sworn to secrecy. We will probably openly announce around St. Patrick's day. I'll have to figure out a cute way.
    mflowers929balletnerdjrb411
  • We have told our super close friends, my siblings and 2 of my aunts and 2 cousins (I just got back from a girls trip with them and don’t see them but every couple years, if that). Even though I’m only 8 weeks we don’t mind telling people but are selective at first to our most supportive people.

Planning to tell my boys (5 and 3 1/2) after text weekend. We know once we tell them anyone we see will end up knowing. We are seeing my in laws next weekend and not ready to tell them (we aren’t close to them at all) so waiting to after that.

Trying to think of a cute way to tell the boys, thinking about buying a book about bringing home a new baby and having my 5 year old read it (he’s a great reader) and putting one of the ultrasound pictures on the last page.

We will announce it on social media but probably not until after 20 weeks. Probably will just post a picture of the boys with an ultrasound picture. 
    greylmachenoballetnerdjrb411
  • Who have you already told? Hubby, his parents, my dad, and one of my sisters.
    Who will you be telling next? Hubby's Co-workers and who ever else we feel like.
    Anyone you want to avoid telling? some of my extended family... toxic people...
    Any special ways you’ve told anyone? Not really
    Will you be making a social media announcement? Maybe...
    When? I dunno... probably after the 16/20 weeks scan.

A(36) & B(36) Happily Married 4/15/2004

Little Bean Due 9/26/20

https://www.magicaldarkness.com/p/a-new-adventure.html 

balletnerdmachenoboymommatwo
  • Who have you already told? Aunt, father in law and sister in law, Best friend and one close co worker. 

Who will you be telling next? The rest of my extended family. 

Anyone you want to avoid telling? My work! 

Any special ways you’ve told anyone? No, just told them. 

Will you be making a social media announcement? When? If so, feel free to share your idea!

I will, probably once I find out the gender around 15 weeks and I think I’m just going to put a big bother shirt on my son and take a photo! 
    machenoboymommatwo
  • We told our families yesterday. They were all excited for us. It's a little bittersweet to not have this secret anymore, but it's nice to have their support, too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    boymommatwossblballetnerd
  • Who have you told? Nobody. Just MH and my massage therapist lol

Who will you be telling next? I have been wanting to tell my sister but it hasn't come up. She was the first person I told last time - and I want it to be the same this time. 

Who will you be telling next? I think we will tell our family after the NT scan (March 20) and probably announce to the world shortly after.

Anyone you want to avoid telling? Nope! 

Any special ways you've told anyone? I think we will probably get DD a "Big Sister" dress. She will be delighted to share the news once we tell her, so maybe we'll let her do the honors ❤️.

Will you be making a social media announcement? When? Nope. I gave up all my social medias. I'm sure my mother will though, lol. 
    greylballetnerdNYTino24
  • @NYTino24 St Patrick’s day is perfect for your rainbows, love that 🌈 🌈 🌈 
    NYTino24
  • Momma to 3 angels and one amazing boy.
    Due with #2 September 2020

geojaminee
  • I swear I looked for this and didn't see it lol *face palm*
  • Who have you already told?
    Most people actually
    Who will you be telling next?
    Social media
    Anyone you want to avoid telling?
    ...no? I guess if I was working I might want to avoid telling my employer.
    Any special ways you’ve told anyone?
    Not really. In fact, my husband told my in-laws in the most flat, out of context blunt statement ever. I was kinda mad at him for ruining the announcement
    Yes, I meant to share today but didn't have an image to attach and couldn't find the right words. So today came and went. I had a follow up ultrasound yesterday from my IUD removal and everything looks really great and healthy so I had hoped to attach the ultrasound image but they didn't give me one. So I'm just stalking this thread to see how everyone else does it. 
    NYTino24