Options

Announcements!

edited February 2020 in September 2020 Moms
We haven’t done one of these yet! 

Who have you already told?
Who will you be telling next?
Anyone you want to avoid telling?
Any special ways you’ve told anyone?
Will you be making a social media announcement? When? If so, feel free to share your idea!

*inspired by previous BMBs*

Re: Announcements!

• Options
    I told my work fam because I need a little more help when I'm pregnant. And my bff is the first one I told after hubby lol.
    In laws got told this week when we were up in an attempt to cheer them up. My parents will be told today after my scan.
    I'll make a FB announcement in a couple of weeks for everyone else and I'm thinking that I'll probably get DS a "big brother" shirt and take a picture 😊
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    We just finally told my mom because we had a full day of appointments out of town for MFM/genetics yesterday and she had the kids and would’ve wondered.. I didn’t want to tell her yet because she kind of drives me batty about it, but... trying to figure out when we will tell the kids.. ideally I was pushing for after our anatomy scan, but it’s so far away. Maybe around 16 weeks and then everyone else on Easter? No clue how we will announce yet! With our last we made a video of telling the kids and pictures finding out the gender then shared that. We will see this go around. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    so far just my sister since she was in town staying at our house and I figured she might find out anyway with me being nauseous etc. we had DD come down wearing a big sister tshirt to tell her. 

Now that we had our first ultrasound we will probably tell our parents. I think we might FaceTime them with her in the same shirt (we live across the country) Most likely going to wait another month or so to go fully public.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    We have told my in laws, my mom, my SIL, and H’s grandparents. My mom took the liberty to tell my sister, two brothers, and aunt. And by now who knows who else. That was annoying but it’s whatever.  I told one person at work who I knew wouldn’t tell anyone. H has told a few of his friends because we were planning a trip with them before we found out and had to cancel.
    I have to eventually tell the rest of work. They’re trying to get me to transfer to another location right now so I’ll probably have to say something soon. I’m sure the rest of my family knows since my siblings are blabber mouths. Haven’t gotten any congratulations yet tho except from my sister. 🙄 typical. 
    I’m avoiding telling a lot of people. I’ve become a really private person and I haven’t really wanted to share with anyone. 
    I’m not sure if we will make an announcement. Maybe that will be my way of telling everyone I’m avoiding. But it wouldn’t be until shortly before the baby is born. Probably just a photo of something baby and maybe me and H. 
  • Options
    Who have you already told? Just DH 
    Who will you be telling next? Our families next weekend after my NT ultrasound on Friday. I will be 12 weeks this Monday, but with a *TW previous loss TW* We wanted to wait until end of 1st trimester
    Anyone you want to avoid telling? no
    Any special ways you’ve told anyone? I told DH on Christmas- wrapped up a onesie and with my positive HPT and a card
    Will you be making a social media announcement? When? We will announce on social media after we tell our families. Nothing too special just probably with the onesie I gave to DH and my US photo. For our families we're going to give them Valentine's cards and goodie bags.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Who have you already told? We told my parents right away using our letter board because we couldn’t say it out loud in front of the kids. We see them almost daily and there would be zero chance of hiding it. Also having my mom’s help is priceless. We told a few friends who we couldn’t hid from and I told my previous BMB right away. We waited until after the ultrasound (10weeks) to announce to the rest of our families and friends. We told work last week at 11 weeks. 

Who will you be telling next? Whoever we see that doesn’t know. Social media. 

Anyone you want to avoid telling? Nope. I just prefer everyone knows at the point that I am showing so I don’t have to head off awkward stares while they wonder if I am expecting. I would prefer people talk about it instead of get weird and act like they didn’t notice.

Any special ways you’ve told anyone? We sat our boys (4 and almost 3) down the day after our ultrasound and told them and it was adorable. I expected DS1 to roll his eyes and yell “I ALREADY KNOW THAT MOM!!” as he is doing for everything right now. But instead he was so excited and wanted to hug my belly. Recently he saw a pic of a freshly born baby with all the goo so he had concerns about how they were going to get my blood back in me. Which was sweet and very where he is at right now to focus on the yucky things. He also informed us the baby would be called Tutu. DS2 is more aloof about the whole thing, but likely will connect more dots when there is a belly to see and movement to feel. 

Will you be making a social media announcement? When? If so, feel free to share your idea! We will, but probably not for a while. I may just wait until after the anatomy scan. But I do love a good bump photo so I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait that long. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've told our parents, my grown up step kiddos, and our siblings. I've told one of my friends just because our boys are the same age (born a week apart on eachothers due dates) and we have been talking about setting up more play dates but I keep rescheduling because I feel so terrible. Everyone is sworn to secrecy. We will probably openly announce around St. Patrick's day. I'll have to figure out a cute way.
  • Options
    We have told our super close friends, my siblings and 2 of my aunts and 2 cousins (I just got back from a girls trip with them and don’t see them but every couple years, if that). Even though I’m only 8 weeks we don’t mind telling people but are selective at first to our most supportive people.

Planning to tell my boys (5 and 3 1/2) after text weekend. We know once we tell them anyone we see will end up knowing. We are seeing my in laws next weekend and not ready to tell them (we aren’t close to them at all) so waiting to after that.

Trying to think of a cute way to tell the boys, thinking about buying a book about bringing home a new baby and having my 5 year old read it (he’s a great reader) and putting one of the ultrasound pictures on the last page.

We will announce it on social media but probably not until after 20 weeks. Probably will just post a picture of the boys with an ultrasound picture. 
  • Options
    Who have you already told? Hubby, his parents, my dad, and one of my sisters.
    Who will you be telling next? Hubby's Co-workers and who ever else we feel like.
    Anyone you want to avoid telling? some of my extended family... toxic people...
    Any special ways you’ve told anyone? Not really
    Will you be making a social media announcement? Maybe...
    When? I dunno... probably after the 16/20 weeks scan.

A(36) & B(36) Happily Married 4/15/2004

Little Bean Due 9/26/20

https://www.magicaldarkness.com/p/a-new-adventure.html 

• Options
    Who have you already told? Aunt, father in law and sister in law, Best friend and one close co worker. 

Who will you be telling next? The rest of my extended family. 

Anyone you want to avoid telling? My work! 

Any special ways you’ve told anyone? No, just told them. 

Will you be making a social media announcement? When? If so, feel free to share your idea!

I will, probably once I find out the gender around 15 weeks and I think I’m just going to put a big bother shirt on my son and take a photo! 
  • Options
    We told our families yesterday. They were all excited for us. It's a little bittersweet to not have this secret anymore, but it's nice to have their support, too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Who have you told? Nobody. Just MH and my massage therapist lol

Who will you be telling next? I have been wanting to tell my sister but it hasn't come up. She was the first person I told last time - and I want it to be the same this time. 

Who will you be telling next? I think we will tell our family after the NT scan (March 20) and probably announce to the world shortly after.

Anyone you want to avoid telling? Nope! 

Any special ways you've told anyone? I think we will probably get DD a "Big Sister" dress. She will be delighted to share the news once we tell her, so maybe we'll let her do the honors ❤️.

Will you be making a social media announcement? When? Nope. I gave up all my social medias. I'm sure my mother will though, lol. 
  • Options
    @NYTino24 St Patrick’s day is perfect for your rainbows, love that 🌈 🌈 🌈 
  • Options
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I swear I looked for this and didn't see it lol *face palm*
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • Options
    Most people actually
    Social media
    ...no? I guess if I was working I might want to avoid telling my employer.
    Not really. In fact, my husband told my in-laws in the most flat, out of context blunt statement ever. I was kinda mad at him for ruining the announcement
    Yes, I meant to share today but didn't have an image to attach and couldn't find the right words. So today came and went. I had a follow up ultrasound yesterday from my IUD removal and everything looks really great and healthy so I had hoped to attach the ultrasound image but they didn't give me one. So I'm just stalking this thread to see how everyone else does it. 
  • Options
    @geojaminee it happens

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options

My staff as I've been incredibly sick at work and need extra help at the moment. Sister because she lives with us currently.

Our families. We live away from home so will be skyping them.

No

I gave my spouse a Amazon box to open and it had his first Baby book. Great book btw it's called "Dude, your gonna be a dad! What to expect over the next 9 months"
    My sister came in and he pretended to read the book on the couch...that's how we told her 

Yes, after the first trimester and when i am feeling better. I want to get excited about telling people and at this stage I am miserable!!
  • Options
    So I found out the other day that H told his manager and both of our managers’ boss. (We work for the same corporation but different locations) we have leadership hierarchy and our managers have the same boss. So I’m not sure if the boss told my manager? Are people even allowed to share that type of info since it’s technically medical? I’m just kind of ignoring it for now since I still don’t want to tell anyone until it’s extremely obvious. Just curious if anyone has had people spill your beans for you in the workplace. 
  • Options
    @greyl I'm sure it's different everywhere, but I found that people at work were very hesitant to share my news. I'm guessing it's for the reason you suggest and people don't want to get in trouble. Even after the point where I was hoping people would spread the news around, mostly they did not.

It probably depends a bit on your work culture, I work with mostly males who are awkward about this kind of thing but try to be "woke" about it, and not make it a big deal. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise true! Yeah the people I work with aren’t usually professional so I wouldn’t be surprised if it went around once some people know. However my managers boss is a male and I just wonder if he would say anything since he also found out we may be moving across the country. They talk frequently so I’m kind of expecting him to tell her to talk to me but I’m dreading it lol 
  • Options
    Haha, I told 2 coworkers before my boss. I was planning on telling the rest on the weekend but when I came upstairs from talking to boss lady one of my coworkers who I hadn't told was like "And congrats on being pregnant. Were you just never going to tell us?" (she was mostly joking. We have a very family atmosphere between workers)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    A good few friends, all of my immediate family and my SOs stepmom in a moment of nervous anxiety and worry. My SO and I agreed that we wanted very few people to know at all, so for me to go behind his back about it... he was mad at me for a few days 😞 (all is good now though, we're excited about the final announcement plan!). Still not entirely sure he knows his stepmom knows 😰

I think perhaps SO's sister and another close friend of ours that we'll be seeing tonight at a comedy show 😃

Because of a lot of things that went down at a previous job, a few people on social media because word could get out to that ex and I really don't want or need that drama in my life anymore.

Any special ways you've told anyone?
    Not really 🤷‍♀️

Oh YES. Ultimately this will be one of the most fun things we do, and I'm stupid excited for the execution. My SO is going to wear an apron that days 'The ingredients are in' with a mixing bowl on it and my apron will say 'The oven' with (obviously) a stove/oven thing on it and we're going to hold this cake between us! My sister will do photos and we get to have our cake and eat it too 😉 Biggest challenge at this point will be finding a baker that can execute! (If anyone wants to copy the idea, feel more than free!!! It's a CAKE so who can resist!!!!

(On the final design, I think we might remove the 'coming soon' and the blue stripes will be yellow to keep it as gender neutral as possible)

• Options
    We’ve told (and by we, I mean ... me)
    two friends, my cousins wife who is one of my closest friends and my mom.  

I’m dying to tell our girls & my best friend. I’m sure my in laws will know soon-ish as well. 

Haven’t told anyone in any special way, I just want to tell everyone in person for the most part. After our loss this all just feels so special. 

I’m not sure when we’ll post on social media. I go back and forth. Maybe not until we find out the sex/20 weeks — hoping I feel “safe” by then. I do have an idea of how I want to announce. If I get everything before 20 weeks I may announce sooner. We’ll see. 
  • Options
    We have told our immediate family minus the kids. Since we had a loss around 20 weeks last time I’m waiting on genetics to tell all our nieces and nephews. 

We hope to hear back about genetics this week. We will then tell the kids! 

i guess kind of social media because we shared our loss and it was hard. Not sure when we will announce there. 

so far no but we plan to tell the gender having our family have to spell out the name using scrabble tiles. 

Will you be making a social media announcement? When? Don’t know. We will tell who we want to do it won’t be until late pregnancy. Once we get genetics back I’ll know how I want to proceed with announcing. It’s just tough figuring it out after a loss. I do have a Instagram that I’m tracking this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @macheno adorable announcement! I love that onesie! Where did you get it? 
  • Options
    I’m really struggling having not told our kids yet. Waiting another month is going to be such a challenge. I just really would like to get through our anatomy scan. 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I totally get where you are coming from. The loss of our son last year was so hard to explain to my niece who I watch during the week (she is 4) that this time I wanted to wait until I knew baby was okay. I ended up telling her the week before I got genetic results. She was so happy and excited! I know I was mostly waiting because I wanted to know what I was going to communicate to the kids. Maybe if you can think of a way to communicate it to them but also let them know you are hoping this baby will be with them here on earth...I don’t know it’s so hard!! You want to share the joy but you don’t want to break their little hearts. I don’t think this helped at all lol sorry. Hope you can figure something out. 
  • Options
    @ktholysz It helps just knowing someone gets where I’m coming from! Our older two are.. “older” (almost 11 and 6) and are super sensitive. My fear though is that someone else is going to catch on (I’m officially showing) and they’ll find out AFTER others and we want them to know first. Tough position to be in I guess! I think if anyone becomes too suspicious we will just have to tell them after my next general OB check which is in 2 weeks (verses 5 weeks)... if it weren’t for sports no one would really see me so I could pull it off, but that does put me in the public eye, so........ we will see! 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv having older kiddos makes it really hard! 

**TW** I had a loss a couple years ago and when mine were 5 and 7. The younger one took it really hard. She would tell random people, like the check out person at the grocery store, “my moms baby died”.  Made for some very awkward situations. She still mentions from time to time.*** End TW***

With DS we waited till around 10 weeks after we had two good scans. This time I only had a scan at 9 weeks, and we went ahead and told them because with twins I definitely look pregnant. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    Me and my husband are big fans of The Office, so I did an Office-themed announcement. 
  • Options
    @mflowers929 Super cute! I got the same shirt for my boys and a friend added “Again” for my oldest son. They have been wearing it to tell people in person this past week.
  • Options
    So I always thought I would wait until the anatomy scan to announce on social media but now I kind of want to announce this week if tomorrow’s scan goes well. But I have no idea what I want to post! I could do the typical onesie/ultrasound photo. Or I was thinking of a photo of me and H holding the ultrasound. He hates being in pictures though so he probably won’t want to haha. Ugh I don’t know I’m just so nervous for tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @greyl you could do a simple close up of you holding your ultrasound up to your belly?
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022