TTC #1: May 2011
BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
Me: 36 | DH: 39
Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Re: Chart Stalk / Questions - February 2020

• Ok.... I'm getting way ahead of myself here with this question, but I'm curious at this point. And maybe this is also a really silly question.

As most IF ladies know, I've done a genetic prescreening (I'm not a carrier for anything they tested) as well as having my embryos tested. So this has me wondering... The testing done around 12 weeks of pregnancy (the NIPT?), is that much different from the testing that has been done already? Would it be necessary for me to do at this point?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited February 2020
    I believe the NIPT is strongly recommended for women over 35. This is because it looks for the most common abnormalities like Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18, Down Syndrome, etc. These are random, of course, and are unrelated to the genetic predisposition of the parents (but some of those genetic abnormalities can be picked up too through NIPT if they are presenting in the baby, I think). In your case I’d guess you’d have to pay out of pocket for NIPT & it would be up to you. You may also want to weigh whether you had the embryos tested or not, if that is enough to rule out the NIPT. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @keikilove so since I did have them tested to find out which were normal, would the NIPT show anything new? I guess that's really my question, is there any benefit to the NIPT (or the other tests they can do) if I've already had testing on the embryos that showed they are normal?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I’m definitely no expert, but personally I’d rest easy if I’d already had the embryos tested. 
  • @keikilove that's what I was thinking and why it was something I had on my mind. I mean, I've paid enough just trying to have a baby, so if I can cut out the cost of another test in the process great! 😅
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • :::lurking:::

@inthewoods23 I don't know what tests they do for embryos but this is what the NIPT I did (Panorama by Natera) tested for: https://www.natera.com/panorama-test/what-it-screens
    This brand has other tests they can do (your provider just draws more blood) if you look into "Products".
    Keep in mind that a "High Risk" result doesn't mean your fetus has a genetic abnormality. The NIPT test is just assessing a risk. In this case, further testing will have to be done such as amniocentesis or CVS. Some people had a high risk result and their fetus turned out to be perfectly normal.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• *lurking* @inthewoods23 When an embryo is tested, a small part of the outer layer is biopsied and tested. My genetic counselor explained that the outer layer (That becomes the placenta - this is a rough explanation) could have a slightly different make up than the layer that becomes the baby, so there could be a limited chance that there is still a reason to test. This is why some women will choose to implant mosaic embryos as there is a chance the inner layer is okay. Do you know the exact things your embryo testing looked at? May be worth comparing what is tested in an NIPT. 

You could do the traditional NT Scan that looks at the nuchal fold via U/S. An enlarged nuchal fold could indicate WAY more than embryo or NIPT testing looks at - which would probably mean you’d then get a CVS or amnio to pin point the issue. (**tw** the nuchal fold was our first indicator of an issue). 

Essentially, the least invasive (and probably covered by insurance) is the traditional NT scan at 12 weeks. If you wanted to pay OOP for the NIPT you might want to if one of the trisomy’s or sex chromosome issues wasn’t tested initially with the embryo biopsy
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @rikiteacup thank you!

@chichiphin right, yes that all makes sense! I'm not sure exactly what they tested for, but that helps clear up my thoughts that they probably don't exactly test for the same thing.

You ladies are all so helpful ❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Anyone else having an issue with TB site via mobile?  I haven't been able to access since this morning, and I'm not trying to get in via the app.  Their site will load on my phone but TTGP just freezes before loading.  Anyone else?  Any tips?  Thanks!  (Using "incognito" from my work computer :#)
  • @keikilove I'm not sure about the mobile site... just here to say that "incognito" mode at work is my best friend!  :D
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited February 2020
    For those that take Synthroid/Levothyroxine: How do you manage not eating or drinking anything for 1 hour after taking it? I leave it next to my bed with a glass of water & pop it in the morning before I even get up, but I’m still starving before the 1 hour has passed. Thanks for any tips! @pom9207 @ramzlau I think you take it too? 
  • @keikilove I have not taken that sorry! Would it help to set your alarm earlier, take it and go back to bed?
  • @feather_heather Thanks! I realized I tagged the wrong person & edited, sorry about that! I could set it earlier but then I will most likely just be awake earlier & dealing w the same problem. Maybe there’s no easy way—just gotta starve for an hour. Could be worse! 
  • @keikilove how long have you been taking it? I started about 15 years ago and feel like I'm just used to it now. During the week I take it first thing and then get everything else ready to go for the day and eat last, which usually ends up being 2 hours later. On the weekends I try to wait but if I'm starving I'll eat.