May 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/31

2»

Re: FFFC 1/31

• Options
    I shower/wash my hair when I need to like @pirateduck said . Sometimes I only shower twice a week.

On holidays we celebrate Christmas. I bought dd a couple things at Easter last year (her first) but MH didn't even come so I don't think we can count that as celebrating as a family. I hate the consumer side of holidays mainly because I hate receiving junk I don't want or need. I try to give just one thoughtful present to family members and try to encourage them to do the same. We grew up with my parents trying to buy everything we could possibly want for Christmas, MH has also told me his mother would forgo paying the electric bill to get them some new toy. I don't ever want to be that parent. MH looks at it fondly she thinks what she gave up to get them the toy, I think how irresponsible she was to do that and that they didn't actually need the toy.

My fffc I told friend who's going in for her c-section Monday that I was hurt her so said he'd was going to put an email out to our entire staff when the baby was born and that I would have to find out just the same way people I don't care for at our school would find out. After stating this, I felt terrible because they need to do what is easiest on the day their child is born and my feelings shouldn't been important (though I of course plan on texting her as an individual when this is is born). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @splashmountain my husband was raised Jehovah’s Witness in his younger years (I don’t think anyone in the family subscribes by it much now), but it is quite different to how I was raised and definitely complicates things sometimes or makes it hard for us to understand each other’s perspectives when it comes to holidays.  I have serious respect for couples who come from  vastly different religious/cultural backgrounds and find ways to make it work.