May 2020 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 1/30

2»

Re: UO Thursday 1/30

• Options
    @mamaj1220 As of right now, DH & I are against baby boy playing football. DH more than me. I'm open to flag football just to try it and then maybe tackle football once he's in high school, but DH is firm on no football because of the risk of injuries. We'll see what actually happens once baby boy start playing sports. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @drkoyya I was super against him playing for a long time too. But he kept asking and really injuries can happen in any sport, I rode horses and know people who were killed doing that so I've become more open, I am hoping he doesn't fall in love with it haha.
  • Options
    @emlettuce wow talk about two opposite reasons for not watching lol
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail @lajoliedreamer you are my PEOPLE! I'm a high school band and choir director. My degrees are in vocal performance because I ultimately became a better singer than instrumentalist, but my personality is much more "band kid." My husband and I met in high school marching band, and he basically co-runs my marching band now (he writes the drill and is the visual caption head). My job basically entails everything you both mentioned: wind ensemble, jazz band, marching band, music theory, choirs, pit for the musicals, everything.
  • Options
    MH played football from the time he was little (7 or 8) through high school. He blames football for some memory issues and he’s firmly set against our son playing any football. I agree with that and secretly hope he gets my uncoordinated genes so the only sport he’s good at is cross country 😂. Minimal injuries and even less chance of head injury. We’re going to MH’s grandma’s for the super bowl and we’re in charge of bite sized desserts
  • Options
    It is rude to bring a present to a party where no gifts are requested. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    OH MY GOSH. My husband took the package to the UPS store because he was going there anyway. Turns out they couldn't take it either and they want us to call some 1800 number to schedule a pick-up. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @soprano19 That sounds awesome! I actually considered trying to set high school band director as my career goal, as my high school had just the one man that did that all, plus taught music theory. But Illinois, at the time I was going to college, was cutting band and music and art programs and classes everywhere across grades k-12, not every school, but too many. And, my college had a great music program, which meant with my simply OK playing of so many instruments, without a focal one, I was going to have a hard time getting and staying in. Which frustrated me, that I was supposed to pick a primary instrument, when I could've have just had 5 secondary ones that I was still quite good at. Either way, didn't happen. And with how busy I am with almost 3 small kids, it would have been super hard for me anyway. Hard to be a band director that does marching band or pep band or pit band when pregnant and not very able to walk!! 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    catem07 said:
    OH MY GOSH. My husband took the package to the UPS store because he was going there anyway. Turns out they couldn't take it either and they want us to call some 1800 number to schedule a pick-up. 
    That's freaking ridiculous! Screw you UPS for making it hard to do the right thing.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @catem07 ugh I completely agree! We went to 2 birthday parties this year were they specifically requested no gifts. At both parties a few people showed up with gifts and it just made everything awkward. 
  • Options
    @catem07 I’d say no gift. I request no gifts for parties because my children are very spoiled and loved. They often get repeats or things that don’t necessarily interest them. We try to keep clutter and waste minimum in our house. It’s frustrating when people decide to go against that anyways. 

If you feel like you should have something, a card is always a nice gesture or a thank you note for being invited. 
  • Options
    @catem07 Wow UPS is making it difficult. If it were me, I would just leave it at that and wouldn't call the 1-800 number. You tried to return to sender but its on the previous tenant to update their address-- especially since this is the second time this happened. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    I would have just left the package on the counter and walked out the door @catem07 !