August 2020 Moms

Baby names

Re: Baby names

• @jwhite3116 James for sure! 
  • @kdale2613 just have twin girls!  Boom.  Problem solved 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • @jwhite3116 Jace is trendy and James is traditional. It depends on the vibe you're going for. Do you have other LOs to reference for their names and how well they go together?
  • @jwhite3116 I prefer James but all depends on what you're going for!
  • @hypermusic

Basically all boy names. I don't know why. DH likes names like Louis, Eugene, and Allen. Where as I don't mind those names, I refuse to have a "louie" or an "al". And Eugene just doesn't sit right. I tried to look into some more obscure names and biblical names. But DH doesn't like any of those. 
    Looking for something that cannot be shortened. As I love Thomas, Timothy, Johnathan, Theodore and such but I can't stand the shortened versions. 
    Right now we are kind of thinking Atticus, Robin, Angus. But we just don't love any of them. 
    I'll try the top name search!
  • @jwhite3116 its the damndest thing. My son is Daniel. We planned on calling him Daniel. Everyone always called him Daniel.

He now refuses to answer to Daniel. He will only answer to Danny. If you ask his name he will say its Danny. If you tell him its Daniel he argues and tells you know its Danny.

No clue why. He started this back in like July.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• samsonatorsamsonator member
    edited February 2020
    Since my name is Samantha, would it be weird to name a son Samuel? I don't prefer to go by Sam but that doesn't stop people from calling me that. 
    ETA I wouldn't want people to think I named the baby after myself because that's not what I would be doing! I just like Samuel
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • @jwhite3116 I love James! It's more traditional so depends on what you want. You can always shorten James to Jace, too
    @kdale2613 I love Edith! I agree boys names are so much harder 
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • I kinda think that even if you don't want your kid to have a nickname/use a shortened version of their name, all bets are off once they go to school. Kids like to experiment especially when they have peers with their name who go by nicknames, and they have opinions on what they want to be called. My brother has gone from Daniel to Danny to Dan, and now at 29 he wants to be Daniel again. I have a name that has no nicknames, so I was always a bit jealous of him and my sister that they could change their names so easily. 
  • @samsonator That sounds fine to me! My friend’s name is Emily (some of her family calls her Em) and they named their son Emilio. 
  • @kdale2613 some classic boys names that are unlikely to be shortened are: George, Edgar, Harvey, Miles, Gordon, Lionel, Elias, Owen, Oscar, Neil, Clark, Roman, Aaron, Ian

@samsonator I wouldn’t do it, but I know a good amount of men name their babies after themselves so there’s no reason a woman can’t. I just wouldn’t name a baby after my H either. 
  • @roo_baby FWIW, my little BIL is a Gordon. Everyone calls him Gordie. He's now to the point where he'd actually like people to call him Gordon, and we're all like, "No, you're Gordie." 😂 
  • @riatortillaxo I love Bella Maria you know I’m crazy about Bella as we are welcoming our baby girl Bella’Sky 🎀
  • For the what feels like 1000th time since finding out we were expecting my father in law has suggested we name the child "Gregory Junior" after him.  It's fine if you like the name Gregory.. I'm just still salty about how he behaved when we named our daughter.  Luckily my husband knows in order to name our child after his father he'd have to kill not only me, but my SIL, my mother, and at least 4 of our close friends before they'd allow him to write that name on the paperwork. 

We don't even know what kind of genitals this child will have yet jeez. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gsmomplus1 I just laughed out loud at your comment hahah smart kid!
  • Just woke up my household laughing way too loudly at Whorvy, @RedBaramid
  • @wednesdaygirl1019 I love the name Benjamin!!  Benji is a cute nn too
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3