April 2020 Moms

Moving to FB/private group

When do we want to move to a FB/private group? Anyone have any feelings one way or other about doing FB vs a private group? Any other thoughts to add.
BabyFruit Ticker

Moving to FB/private group 26 votes

Move Feb 1st
26% 7 votes
Move middle of February
15% 4 votes
Move March 1st
42% 11 votes
Something else
15% 4 votes

Re: Moving to FB/private group

• I prefer private group just because I don't have FB
  • I like the idea of moving in March. That's basically what my last BMB did - moved a month prior. Def think we should move early March. We may start getting some babies then and it would be helpful to have something more private by that point. I like the idea of Facebook best as I'm on there more, but I don't want any of our active members left out that don't have FB. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ejoseph16
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2020
    I would say FB because I love the idea of a more personal connection - I like the idea of seeing more of peoples lives and pics, esp because our active members are a smaller group that I would trust - but I would also rather do a private group than leave any regulars out, like my dearest @KFrob

KFrobejoseph16phinzlabyrinthmandarenee898
  • Kathryn0903Kathryn0903 member
    edited January 2020
    I know in one of my FB groups, we had someone set up a FB just to connect with the group. Don't want anyone to have to do that, though. We could always do both FB and a private group if there's enough interest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    mandarenee898
  • I’m fine with a PG here if it keeps people from having to create a FB account. My last BMB moved to FB and I really haven’t found it easier to use in a group setting. It just cut down on the apps I was using each day. The groups on FB are difficult to search, etc, and I tend to miss things. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • edited January 2020
    The only thing that annoys me about a PG vs having a FB group is that The Bump app sucks so bad. It affects how much I participate because when it's acting up, which is often, I can't easily get on my laptop. And having a baby when I need a April BMB SOS that's prob easier done vs FB. I can't imagine feeding a baby and having a laptop open at the same time.

Edited because words.
    nicoleyoleeejoseph16phinzlabyrinth
  • @literatureandink I totally get that and didn't think of it.  Most days my app doesn't work at all.
    phinzlabyrinth
  • nicoleyoleenicoleyolee member
    edited January 2020
    @literatureandink totally agreed. Don't want to leave people out but i find this app really terrible and so easy to miss stuff! 

And the earlier we move the better IMO for that reason. 
  • @kfrob would you consider making a "dummy" fb just for the group? If not I vote we stay the bump. 

• Definitely agree with the FB group idea, because my app keeps shutting down on this. I hate it! I feel bad that @KFrob doesn’t have FB though... 😔
  • I don't have FB either, but from my previous baby-having experience, I don't know how active I'll be after. But that could also be they moved to FB and my BMB was a desert.
  • @babybison you’re gonna love us and leave is?? 😭😭😂
    babybison
  • I voted Facebook because this app is giving me such an issue lately. I am open for a private group to keep everyone involved who wants to be though! 
    ejoseph16
  • @literatureandink Last time I didn't even look at my text messages for a week after I gave birth!
    literatureandink
  • I’d love a fb group! I always have trouble with the app as well and can see myself being much more active on a fb group after baby is here vs the app. 
  • I vote FB as well. The app sucks so bad haha. I also have trouble with it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited January 2020
    I have also been having issues with the app. I get frustrated with it crashing or showing me a blank screen instead of the thread I clicked on, and I don’t have the patience for it! But I agree that I wouldn’t want to lose out on  the interaction with those who don’t have FB.
  • For those of you having issues with the app; use the browser version on your phone. It's not perfect but sooooo much better than the glitchy app!
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    jenabary
  • and to piggy back on what @fitzandgiggles said, I don't know why this matters but the app will work a ton better if I turn off my wifi
  • Also, I can get the posts to load on the app if I hit the refresh button at the top. You have to go back and find where you left off, so it’s still annoying, but less. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited January 2020
    @mercury94 Yes - anytime it is behaving badly, I push refresh until something happens!
    @fitzandgiggles I'll try the web browser on the phone next time!
  • I've also been having so many issues with both the app and the mobile website version... I haven't been able to get anything to load in a couple of weeks. :(

I definitely vote FB, and really hope that people would consider a dummy account to stay with the group. I know I have enough trouble keeping up with my personal FB, previous BMB on FB and this BMB, and only imagine it will get worse as the second baby arrives! 

Also, I'm not completely sure what the T&C say, but I'm pretty sure that the Bump can use any pictures posted here, and you only have a month to edit posts... so after that month, you have no control left. I know I'd do my best to keep up with people here if we move to a PG, but probably would hesitate to share very many pictures. 
  • @Sailing_Mama that's a good point. I wouldn't be very comfortable sharing baby pics on a PG, but would be ok sharing over FB.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    smallbutmighty77
  • Just as a reminder, Facebook has rights to use your pictures too. I totally get limiting your internet footprint, but just because FB and it’s affiliates aren’t up front about it doesn’t mean they don’t have the same policy! 

Just jumping in to add that since I’m not on FB anymore and don’t really participate here because TB app is so awful.
  • i'm voting for a FB group :) thebump app is NOT user-friendly, barely functional half the time, and in a world where my husband is a web developer, this will not stand, man! I also use FB more often,  so it would be a convenient & welcome move.
  • Soo I vote fb group because I have been MIA from this app for quite a while now since it rarely ever works for me. I feel like Ive missed SO much. Ive been using a different app to get information, but it's much less formal/personal and has so much drama. I miss this group a lot!! 
  • I’m fine with the move to FB. That’s where my original 2015 board went to as well. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @skc040512 You're absolutely right, pretty much any site you post photos on can use them. Personally, I just don't like that the bump doesn't let you delete them after a certain time period (that's why I never post in HDBD)
  • I'd vote for an FB group. I don't use the Bump app at all so the only time I get on here is when I get access to a desktop computer. 
  • I have no date preference for when we move but I'd love it to be on FB! I think postpartum I'll be more likely to see things there
  • I'm on board with Facebook group!  But I do agree that I don't want to lose out on some of our active members that don't have FB...   This is the first time I've been able to be on the bump for almost a week because a) the app doesn't work b) the mobile site doesn't work on my phone or iPad so c) the only time I can get on is on my laptop at work (which I'd prefer not to do).   I contacted the Bump support and they told me to log out / back in on the app - didn't work.   Try Wifi vs Data - didn't work.  So with all the issues I'd prefer a private FB group if some would be willing to make a FB just to be part of the group. 
    ejoseph16
  • I would participate more if the app could function properly but it doesn’t and I get frustrated. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• There is actually already a Facebook group that was created early on. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/524845224825105/
  • Looks like the majority of people want to wait till March, so we can discuss the logistics if this more the middle/end of month.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    mandarenee898phinzlabyrinth
  • Are we ready to move to facebook or private group March 1st? How do we want to do this? I'm guessing we'll need a couple admins either way. Do people want to volunteer or suggest people to admin? If people are wanting a private group, it looks like it's not super easy to create. Looks like you have to email the bump to get one created. Any other questions, suggestions, comments are welcome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    smallbutmighty77
  • @Kathryn0903 I think it's about that time to get it started. I think the overwhelming opinion was FB instead of PG...I'm happy to be ad admin if needed.
    phinzlabyrinth
  • I'm happy to be an admin as well, but if others want it more feel free to chime in. This probably goes without saying, but only active members on here for the FB group. We need to at least recognize who you are if you want in to the FB group.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    phinzlabyrinth
  • Also @kfrob are you going to make a dummy FB account for this? If not, I'll cry. 
  • I’d be an admin if need be! I follow FB so much better than here... 🤦🏼‍♀️