July 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/27/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/27/20

• Options
    Hahaha pumping definitely has its own set of challenges! I once did a 15 hour car trip with just myself and the kids, and my youngest was about 4 months old and I kept having to stop every 2 hours to nurse and finally we were like 2-3 hours from home and I was just desperate to get home. I had taken a manual pump with me, so I had my oldest pass me the pump and a bottle and I was pumping and driving and passing a bottle to the backseat for her to give him so I didn't have to stop yet again. No effs given to anyone who saw anything!  
  • Options
    @modoodles omg... you're amazing. That would have stressed me TF out. Also, 7-8 hours is my car trip max... by myself. I'm at, like, 2 hours with a kid in the car :D 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. She had a stroke last year and I feel like her filter is just not working since then so I keep trying to tell myself she’s just not thinking of how she sounds but sometimes I really think she is thinking like when she rings the door bell and I tell DD1 to go ahead and get it knowing it’s her and she says well I hope she doesn’t just answer the door to anyone. Really? 🙄 Anyway, I know DH would definitely say something if I asked but we’ve never had to do this before so I’m just feeling weird about it. If it continues I might just politely say that it hurts my feelings when she says those things... I’m not good with confrontation though so... It’s been hard because she’s normally one of the nicest people I know. This has been new to me. 

On another note... these nursing stories 😄 

@stlbuckeye132 I hope you feel better soon! DD2 is sick so it’s just a matter of time here! She never fails to snot or sneeze on me and stick her sick fingers in my eye. 

• Options
    @blaf322 hahaha it was the longest trip of my life. I've been making that drive every year since I've been driving. (To see family- my mom moved us out of state and far away from the rest of our family when I was in 5th grade.) I used to fly, and it's a quick trip with just me or DH and I we will fly, but 4 kids and flying is a pain. And expensive 😂. 

• Options
    I can pump in my office, but it's a shared office and has no lock on the door. I always tape a big sign on the door at eye level, and I push a chair in front of it so it at least slows down anyone who ignores the sign. But I also have big windows that don't have working blinds, so I always wear a cover when pumping at work.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    I think about pumping when I go back to work. My office is inside of a WeWork which has almost no privacy anywhere (all the office doors are made of glass, the conference room doors are made of glass, etc). There is a wellness room that is a real door but it's locked and you have to have WeWork staff come unlock it for you which is the largest piece of BS ever (my old coworking space had 2 wellness rooms that were clearly for nursing mothers but anyone could use at anytime). The only real quiet-ish spaces in WeWork that aren't a bathroom are our little phone booths which does have some glass but it's less transparent (no lock though) and our "quiet room" which has a real door and minimal glass to see through but no lock. I'm prepared to be under a nursing cover for much of the pumping experience lol.
  • Options
    @pocketrose you can ask for better than that. They’re required, by law, to provide it.

@modoodles you’re in IA, right? Would you have any use for a Cedar Ridge Winery and Distillery gift certificate? I have a $25 one I could send you the certificate code for. 

Backstory, our work holiday gift exchange was themed and you had to bring something from your hometown or state. The gift we got included this gift certificate.... except they won’t ship alcohol across state lines and shipping here for some of the other stuff (like the bourbon maple syrup they have) is a bajillion dollars OR puts us over the $25 when we don’t actually have a need for any of the other things they have so we don’t care to spend the extra. Shipping on a $5 bourbon glass puts us over $25 🙄
  • Options
    Pascal86Pascal86 member
    edited January 2020
    @meanjellybean Oh man, I feel you. I switched to a sales role after having my second daughter, and started traveling with my boss and colleagues when I was six months postpartum. One time I had to pump on the plane sitting in a window seat, with my male, 48-year-old boss, sitting right next to me. I had thought I could get away without pumping that afternoon, but then the flight was delayed for an hour with us just sitting on the plane and waiting. My only options were to get off the plane and risk them leaving without me, or get real comfortable pumping next to my boss. 😭
  • Options
    @blaf322 omg their shipping is outrageous! We would definitely use it if you're sure you don't mind! My husband is in Cedar Rapids once a week 💜
  • Options
    @modoodles nope! Don’t mind at all. It’s downstairs. I’ll take a pic and DM it to you... prob tomorrow. 
    DH used to have family in Cedar Rapids but, as of last year, we don’t anymore so we have zero reason to be there. 
  • Options
    @modoodles also, if I forget, pleeeease remind me. Trust me when I say, I’ll be 0% offended. I have no use for this piece of paper that’s just sitting around the house 😂
  • Options
    @mehugg
    I feel January 57th so hard too!  I wish it was spring.  I'm over sickness and cold. 
  • Options
    Lol these January memes are spot on. Especially since it seems like for us in the mid-Atlantic, snow days are a thing of the past...
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited January 2020
    @mehugg saaaame over here. Today is SOOOO slow. I'm dying a slow death here at my desk and need J20 to be super active today :D 
  • Options
    TW Thursday: my one coworker who used to be my boss but isn't anymore but nobody told him he's no longer my boss so he still thinks he is (my workplace is very odd....) just asked me to do some testing for one of his projects because we keep getting customer returns. He wants me to try to figure out the error and fix the problem. Bitch this is YOUR screwup because you didn't do enough testing while this item was in development. UGH. He always passes off his crap to me and I'm so annoyed with it. But I can't really say no either. I'm just taking my sweet time to get started on it. Doesn't he know I'm very busy here bumping and working on my family's 2019 photo album? :neutral:
  • Options
    We're having a few families over for the super bowl and it's my friend's bday 2 days later. I want to do a cake or something to celebrate, but she doesn't really love sweets. I'm thinking I could get a cheesecake from Costco or something but wanted to ask you guys if there's anything else you can think of that I should do. FYI- she's allergic to strawberries.
  • Options
    @Pascal86 :D seems like a reasonable way to name a baby hahaha
  • Options
    @blaf322 I actually had a great uncle named Marshall... 😂
  • Options
    @Pascal86 Chase isn't so bad. lol. One of my uncle's actually picked out my youngest uncle's middle name, it's Telly... from Sesame Street .. hahah. 

I'm with everyone on the dragging January. I'm so unmotivated at work, and actually just generally lol. I'm dreaming about warmer weather, but it'll be long while until it's not winter anymore around here. 
  • Options
    @mrsdrez haha I don’t hate Chase either! DD1 actually suggested Sky first (we don’t know boy or girl yet) and I had to point out to her that Sky is already her middle name... so I guess we already have a Paw Patrol thing going!
  • Options
    So while I was lurking another BMB yesterday, I saw a theory that the app issues are an iphone-specific problem?! Is this true? I know some of you have said you've not had issues with the app - are you Android people? I have an iphone and have all sorts of app problems.
  • Options
    I have an iPhone and I feel like I’m going to break the screen with the amount of times I need to hit refresh!
  • Options
    I have an android and I have issues.  I can eventually get it to work though, it's just frustrating.
  • Options
    @stlbuckeye132 I have an android and don't really have any complaints about the app. Were you lurking may2020? Because, me too 😂😂
  • Options
    Yupp, iPhone user and I hate using this app
  • Options
    iPhone here and I can literally only use the website, its gotten to the point where if the app even loads on my phone and I am able to get to the forum, I still can't open any actual threads. Even if I try to use safari to load the website on my phone it rarely works. Which is why I haven't been participating much since work has been busy and I don't use the computer at home. 
  • Options
    I’m an iPhone user as well and I too almost break the screen hitting refresh or it just doesn’t even work. I wish they’d figure it out. 

Also feeling January over here! When I taught I remember it being SO bad! It’s seriously the longest month ever! Plus mine and DH’s bdays are next week so I’m just wishing this month away because we are taking the kids to Great Wolf which I know is more for the kids but I’m excited to get away even if it is the Lodge. 

• Options
    @zande2016 that's how it is for me too on my  iPhone.... I can't get threads to load at all anymore. I've given up.

@modoodles @stlbuckeye132 when people lurk other boards, I always wonder... is there something interesting going on there? I feel like you could find something fun back in the day... but now, are all the boards just like ours?
    If I lurk, I lurk TTC (b/c I feel like the snark is still a little alive there) or August 2020 (b/c I'm waiting to see if my friend shows up there... I don't think she will, at this point). Her H, at one point, asked if I could just add her to DD's bmb :D I had to explain that that's just not how it works lol
  • Options
    Android user and almost exclusive app user here with very few issues (I've always wondered why people are so down on it, it isn't perfect but like it's fine...)

Also I just ate a brownie and now I'm bouncing off the walls 🤹🤸💃😵
  • Options
    iPhone user. And have to auto press the refresh button for things to load. 

Also I realized since ive  had the app there had been NO updates to the app. 
  • Options
    iPhone user and I also struggle and looked for updates the other day @nursejenn5 to see if it was me (it's not, it's them lol)
  • Options
    @blaf322 if I come across anything juicy, I'll let our board know. :lol: There was a circumcision one-off thread created somewhere a few weeks ago that I thought had some good potential to be entertaining, but.... everyone was so civil and nice to this rando person. It was weird. lol I saw the android/iphone thing on May's discussion about moving to a private group/facebook (not exciting).
  • Options
    @blaf322 I lurk May2020 (probably a form of self sabotage) because I would be due in May if I hadn't miscarried, and one of my friends from my August2012 bmb is there. We are both in our august2012 FB group, but we don't try to talk pregnancy too much there because nobody find pregnancy as exciting as another pregnant person 😂  I also have checked out June 2020 because I have a friend who is a FTM who messages me things like worries and concerns and I suggested she join that board because I feel like it would be extra support for her. I haven't seen her intro or anything yet, but that was just a few days ago that I recommended it. I'm pretty stingy about sharing where I join message boards online!