August 2020 Moms

PGAL Check In w/o Jan 26

I know several of our loss mamas have been feeling anxious, so I'm posting this thread to give us an outlet. 

This is a thread for anyone who has experienced a loss at any point during this journey.  Hoping we can support each other. TW applies to the entire thread. 

EDD/weeks+days?

Other children?

Previous losses?

Concerns or worries this week?

Any milestones coming up?

Questions?

GTKY: When do you think you will be able to breathe a little easier?

Re: PGAL Check In w/o Jan 26

• @laur84ns I’m so sorry you’ve been struggling. I spotted early in this pregnancy too and had bright red blood at 8 weeks which was a shock, but the ultrasounds have also showed things are okay.  I’m glad you’re getting a private ultrasound and I hope it allows you to relax a little bit. It’s such a mind game every time I go to the bathroom I’m checking for spotting.  I’ve been on progesterone and my MD told me to stop at 10 weeks. I still have some so I’m dropping to 1 per day because I’m afraid of spotting too. I hope your spotting stops soon! Hugs ❤️

EDD/weeks+days? 10+5

Other children? 1 

Previous losses? Chemical pregnancies x 3

Concerns or worries this week? See above. I’m tapering down my progesterone suppositories because I’m afraid to stop cold turkey. 

Any milestones coming up? No

Questions? No

GTKY: When do you think you will be able to breathe a little easier? I will relax a little in 2 weeks when I get the NIPT results, have my NT exam and am fully off the progesterone. However, pregnancy is scary the whole time and I definitely know there are no guarantees at any point. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @laur84ns I'm sorry about the spotting.  It's so disconcerting!  Fx it settles down for you soon and you can worry about it a little less (((hugs)))

@tara4910 I tapered last time from PIO to suppositories for 2 weeks, and was done at 10w.  This time I just stopped at 10w (that was Friday) and so far knock wood it's been fine!  I know my doctor wouldn't recommend I do anything to endanger the pregnancy, and I'm grateful to have come off of it safely the first time, so it didn't really freak me out this time. (((Hugs)))

EDD/weeks+days? 8/22; 10w+2

Other children? DD is 16m

Previous losses? One CP prior to DD and two failed transfers prior to this one

Concerns or worries this week?  FILs party was moved to next weekend, so we won't be announcing to DHs family for one more week.  Which I'm kind of relieved about TBH.  I have the NIPT draw on Wednesday, so I would love to have that back Friday before we see them, but of course I know I can't count on that.

Any milestones coming up?  NT scan is still two weeks away...

Questions?

GTKY: When do you think you will be able to breathe a little easier?  Once the NIPT and NT scans all come back well, I think I will be able to relax and enjoy this pregnancy again.
  • EDD/weeks+days? Aug 16/11+1

Other children? 2 rainbow babies, 3yo and 15mo

Previous losses? 5 losses including an ectopic, BO, and chemical

Concerns or worries this week? I go in for my NIPT and another u/s this week. I always have a slight worry for dr appts. 

Any milestones coming up? End of first tri is right around the corner!

Questions?

GTKY: When do you think you will be able to breathe a little easier? Honestly, I dont breathe easy until baby is outside. My body and pregnancy are frenemies at best and I rarely have a time where I breathe easy. I'm high risk from start to finish.
  • EDD/weeks+days? 8/20; 10w+4

Other children? DD, 2

Previous losses? MMC last July 

Concerns or worries this week? Feeling pretty nervous for weeks now. I was fortunate and had a good early ultrasound done at seven weeks. I was supposed to get another scan at nine weeks, but because of major technical difficulties (whole other rant) at my provider’s office, it’s now been pushed back to 11 weeks (this Thursday). Going four weeks in between scans has been brutal, especially since I had a MMC at 9.5 weeks (baby measured 6-7, no heartbeat). I’m hoping so hard for a good scan this week then a good NT scan the next week (when I’ll be 12 weeks along). NIPT will be around then too.

Insurance won’t cover Diclegis for my insomnia and nausea, so I just started taking Unisom + B6. Morning sickness was ROUGH today- I had to ask DH to leave work to watch DD. Really hoping for improvement soon. This is probably the worst my morning sickness has ever been. Silver lining, I’m
    hoping it means a sticky baby?!

Any milestones coming up? 

Questions?

GTKY: When do you think you will be able to breathe a little easier? Hopefully after my next couple of ultrasounds and testing (NT scan and NIPT). But realistically it’ll probably still be hard until baby is delivered happy and healthy.
  • @laur84ns Spotting is such a MF. I spotted with ds2 and I swear it seemed like I was in my dr office every week until I stopped. Wednesday isnt that far off. Remember that today you're pregnant. Today you love your baby. Hugs. Let us know how your scan goes Wednesday. 

@tara4910 Coming off progesterone is scary. Always. Remember that those babes are a lot stronger than we realize and your body knows what to do, even if you dont think it does. 

@BusinessWife Hoping for a fast return on NIPT results after your draw. Which one are you getting, do you know?

@babytimeagain I am ridiculously pissed at your provider for their horrible care. What day is your scan this week? Keep us updated and I'm hoping your little babe is snug. Are you still looking for another provider?
  • Thank you. It’s been incredibly stressful and frustrating. My scan is this Thursday then I have a consult with a midwife practice Friday. If all goes well and I click with them, I’ll switch all my records over to them and *hopefully* start getting better and more reliable care. 
  • Thank you all so much! I knew the folks in this thread would understand. I’m sorry you all have to be part of this PGAL community but grateful there are a bunch of us to commiserate together and support each other. The spotting stopped after an hour or two thank god. But like @tara4910 I hold my breath every time I go to the bathroom, until I can see if the TP is white or has spotting on it. I’ve been like this in all my pregnancies and it’s just exhausting. Tomorrow is my private scan so I’m eagerly and anxiously awaiting that! Will let you all know how it goes. 

@wildrainbow Ugh my heart goes out to you that you won’t get much of a chance to breathe a sigh of relief at any point, because of your high risk status. I really hope that each passing appointment / Doppler / ultrasound can provide you with moments of relief! I can’t imagine being as stressed as I am in the first tri, throughout my whole pregnancy. We’re here for support until these babies are born, and hopefully long after! My March 2019 BMB is still going strong both on Facebook and in a private bump group :heart:

@BusinessWife My excuse for not drinking this month has been “dry January” so despite my constant nausea it’s been relatively easy to keep my secret (I didn’t find out I was pregnant until the beginning of January, when I was 6 weeks) but that excuse runs out this weekend! We are having the private scan for peace of mind, in case we feel we need to come clean with our news in early Feb but to be honest I’d much rather wait until I am 12-13 weeks (I’ll be just shy if 10 weeks this weekend). Ugh. We’ll see how long I can keep this under wraps for. I hope your announcement goes well, if you decide to do it at the party!
  • @tyrion_ I have whit coat syndrome too. My dr doesnt even tey to take my BP until after my scan or doppler because they know I will be super high. Maybe you can just mention it to them? I did and they now do it that way for all our sakes. 
  • I'm feeling that way too @cornichonmam like what little symptoms I had are starting to ease up and it's really making me worried. DH even said to me, you know we're planning on telling everyone, right?  Yes.  I am aware.  And I may just have to do it scared. :/
  • EDD/weeks+days? 11 weeks 1 day

Other children? Yep 2 hellions

Previous losses? Yes 2 previous losses

I'm concerned with my lack of symptoms. Only symtpom i have is bad acne and its clearing up.

Any milestones coming up? Well the next week and. A half is around the time I learned of losing my last pregnancy. I go back in feb 7th for the ob and a nt scan. Really worried it will just show no heart beat again.

Questions?
    Not really

I dont think i will. I used to think I'd be ok last pregnancy after i passed my amount of weeks of my first loss. Now i feel like theres no safe zone. Terrified if its not lost next time i go it will be a rare late term loss. Or worried about a stillborn. Just knowing family history makes me terrified I will take after my aunt who suffered numerous losses.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @psychobutthead (((hugs))) I know it's so scary when we think about the worst.  For my own emotional health, I am going to try when I catch myself to replace a negative thought with two positive ones.  I know there is nothing we can do or not do to change the outcome at this point, so I might as well try to think the peaceful, happy thoughts as much as I can, rather than the scary ones.  I know it's so hard. ❤️
  • I had my private scan today, at 9w 2d. I was measuring 2 days ahead and saw a sweet little gummy bear with a nice strong heartbeat of 175bpm. Such a relief! If we end up having to tell anyone in the next couple weeks, before the end of the first trimester, I’ll at least feel a bit more reassured that things are on track. 
  • @babytimeagain wonderful news!
  • I’ve been pretty quiet because the anxiety is getting to me and I just couldn’t put thoughts together.

EDD/weeks+days? 11 weeks 3 days

Other children? 1 son who joined our family by adoption.

Previous losses? 
    2. The last one was the month before we got pregnant with this baby.

We go tomorrow for another ultrasound and I know it should bring some relief but I’m so stressed out until I can actually see that baby is healthy.

Questions? Is any one else getting close friends telling them to not announce until baby is being born?? They keep telling me that you never know with my history and I should just keep it to myself :( I cried a ton today when I was told yet again to not announce this baby anytime soon. 
    I already have those thoughts (of loosing this baby) and anxiety myself and just need my friend to support me and this baby in the most positive way possible and yet I’m getting hesitant positivity surrounded with negative thoughts.

I don’t know if I will have a breath easy moment. I’m hoping once I can feel baby move but I’ll just wait and see how I feel.
  • @littlekatiesworld I am so sorry someone said that to you - i cant imagine!  I mean really, what a horrible thing to say.  Worst case, you will want certain friends / family to know either way, so they can be there for you.  But the only one who gets to set that timeline, is YOU!  Do what feels right, whatever that may mean.  I told only a very few people at first, certain ones as I saw them, and essentially have had an ever widening circle as the weeks and milestones have gone by... (((Hugs))). Hopefully your us does bring some ease tto your mind.  But remember, you make the rules, mama!  Don't let anyone steal your joy! :)
  • @littlekatiesworld What an odd and cruel thing for your friends to say to you! Share the news with whomever you want! Celebrate that baby! I hope today’s ultrasound went well and eased some of your anxiety! :heart:
  • @littlekatiesworld That’s extremely unsupportive to say. I’m so sorry your friend thought that was an appropriate thought to share. I hope things went well with your ultrasound and you’re breathing a little easier right now. Sending you big hugs but it’s hard to shut out the negative things we’re told 💙
  • @littlekatiesworld So glad it went well! I also had a great US today and the sense of relief is amazing, isn’t it?! 
  • @laur84ns I’m so glad you had a great scan as well!