March 2020 Moms

TW Tuesday

It's been a while since we've done one of these, but I have a feeling there are some twat waffles out there as we enter the final stretch of our pregnancies! 
Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: TW Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • uhhh @mrsvp614 none of her freakin business!! omg that would piss me off. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• I've gotten comments at the gym now about how I should be careful. One woman was in my pilates class & the instructor was giving me a modification & the woman goes - Oh thank you I'm so worried about her doing this!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin People at work literally cringe whenever I lift even the lightest of objects. Thank goodness my DH doesn't treat me this way (although it would be nice to be pampered a tad more than what he is currently doing lol)

Also, a million comments a day from folks about how I "don't even look pregnant" or I "do not look like I am due in March". I know they mean this as a compliment, but like I'm already anxious enough, and am really starting to get annoyed by this!
  • @creativesoul63 i got those comments last time (well up until the end  :D ) and I loved it ha. Everyone thinks I am farther along than I am this time. I miss being tinier like last pregnancy, but I get why it upsets you. I have to remind myself this when I see ppl further along than me who are tinier than me bc I wanna tell them how jealous I am of how great they look, but don’t want them to get offended I am calling them small. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• My TW is that DS didn’t nap today. He is a really good boy so I’m not mad at him, just mad at the situation. He is being so sweet right now and entertaining himself, but I wish DH was getting home sooner to take over for lil dude bc I am tired and I know DS will demand my attn soon. 

• @mrsvp614 I’m so sorry she asked that! That’s incredibly rude.

DD is being kind of a TW tonight. I mean, she’s being a 4 year old. But she’s getting on my last nerve. 
  • @mrsvp614, agreed, that is a very TW thing for your MIL to say.  people (esp. other moms) can be so self-righteous about breastfeeding, which to me is silly.. since back in my grandma's day, it was the other way around.. people who formula-fed were considered 'higher class' because they could afford the formula.  lol.

@creativesoul63, I have the opposite problem.. I've always been told I look bigger with my pregnancies, which as a FTM, really kind of stung.. at this point I don't care so much anymore.  @varimama, my DS likes to point out 'mom is big' in a happy tone of voice.  (which drives me nuts sometimes!) he's learning concepts like 'big' and 'little' at preschool so to him, it's just an interesting fact.  :)

my TW is less of a person, more of a schedule.. this next couple months are crazy for me with all of the appointments for myself and the kids, and trying to keep up with everyday life while being 3rd-tri tired.  I really just wanted to enjoy this last stretch of pregnancy, but the way it's been going so far, I'm just eager to be done. it's definitely much more hectic this time around than it was with DS.  

• @varimama I'm sorry your uncle asked you about your weight! I find that so incredibly rude because nobody in their right mind would go up to a non pregnant woman and ask them the status of their weight. Just because I'm growing a human and my stomach is noticeable because of that said human does not make it ok for anyone to touch, comment, or rub the belly. Regarding, your DS (our boys are the same age, 3 in March!) try to remember that toddlers never hold anything in and obviously don't mean anything negative by it. They have no filter and when they learn a new skill they need to share it with the world. 😊 My son currently calls me the Hulk because according to him I'm big and strong. And you know what he isn't wrong. My belly may be big, but my body is strong. 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @chichiphin I had someone at the gym ask me Saturday--WHILE I was running--if it was "okay to be running." I wanted to say, "Oh no, definitely not" just to mess with him. But I mean seriously...
    @creativesoul63 I think you look great and perfectly far along! People are weird.
    @varimama Seriously... don't say anything to any woman about she feeds her baby unless she asks for advice. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @puppylove8910 my uncle is kind of clueless about social norms, so it didn’t really bug me but I was still like I’m not answering. He’s basically a toddler sometimes who just says what comes into his head and doesn’t think about it but he’s got lots of other redeeming qualities. Yes of course toddlers don’t mean anything by it. Honestly I think DS is complimenting me bc in his mind huge and heavy and good things! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• lol so @EmilyLove25 the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is out and Larry David goes to the gym and asks a pregnant woman why shes on the treadmill and keeps saying "YOU'RE HARMING THE FETUS!!!" hahaah i was rolling bc its way too real for me at the moment haha
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Hilarious coincidence: DH and I JUST texted that we need to watch that tonight. OMG I literally can't wait. 
    *TW*

• @chichiphin @EmilyLove25 YES! I'm so happy Curb is back and this week's episode was hilarious.
  • Another Curb fan here and yes, the 1st episode was awesome. Random fact, I once followed Larry David for 8 blocks while walking my dog in NYC. I was trying to work up the courage to say hi. I never did and I'm pretty sure I looked creepy AF chasing after him🤦🏼‍♀️
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Sorry for the rant:

Okay my TW for the day, week, next 7 weeks is my coworker. She had a baby over 3 years ago and when she was pregnant she would come into work everyday self diagnosing herself with every pregnancy symptom. No one said anything to her because we know being pregnant can be more challenging for some than others but she is also known to be overly dramatic about everything even when not pregnant. I was very supportive to her and helped her out a lot when she was pregnant but apparently she doesn’t seem to remember that. I am still working 40+ hours a week with a full caseload and I’ve been doing all this while sick for the past 2 weeks and have not complained to anyone about being overworked. Lately, everyone seems to be asking me if I’m okay and whether or not I would like a lighter caseload or whatever which is super nice but every time someone says anything to me like that here comes this chick yelling at people saying when she was pregnant no one helped her or “I guess everyone was blind when I was pregnant”. She has to say it everyday which is fu***** annoying being that her entire pregnancy she spent sleeping at her desk! Oh and apparently my coworkers want to through me a little baby shower before I leave and of course she had to comment that she guesses her pregnancy didn’t matter to anyone. I really don’t want any special treatment and she’s really making these last few weeks of work unbearable. I don’t even feel good about them throwing me a baby shower. She hated being pregnant and is always referring to her kid as her second job and complaining how difficult it is to have a life when you have a kid yet now she says when I come back from maternity leave she wants to get pregnant. 🤦‍♀️ I just can’t with her anymore. 
  • @stacey6689 I realize she is ur coworker so u are prob trying to be as professional as possible, but can u think of a nice way to mention that you did help her out when she was pregnant? Maybe next time she complains u can be like, “Do you remember when you were pregnant and I did X for you? And then also did Y? I really don’t feel like anyone is treating me differently than you, but I am very sorry you feel that way.” 

Sounds like the reason no one threw her a baby shower is bc she sucks. 

• @stacey6689 Wow wow wow. That would annoy me to no end. You don't make someone else's pregnancy about YOU or YOUR past pregnancy. But more than anything you said, I despise women who complain about how kids make it impossible for them to have "a life." Lol lol. What is it you so desperately want to do that you can't because you have ONE kid? Please. Selfish. And referring to a kid as work/job in general annoys TF out of me. It's fine if you have a day where you say, "ugh today it really was exhausting and felt like a job," but that should not be the standard. Poor kid!
    *TW*

• @silverhope She takes everything so personal and is very argumentative. She's one of those people that has to have the last word and I just don't want to deal with the attitude.

@emilylove25 She is acting like I want all this attention but I am so the opposite of attention seeking. I rather just be left alone in these last weeks lol Literally, every day she leaves work saying time for my second job. She complains every morning that she's late because her son is difficult. It just amazes me how she could be so selfish and take no responsibility for anything. 
  • @stacey6689, agree with the consensus, your coworker is a TW.  lol.  She sounds like a drama queen who is just jealous that the focus/attention is now on you and not on her.... hence the reason she says she wants to get pregnant again, despite claiming how having the child she has is such a drain on her life... she hopes to get some of that attention that you're getting now.  For some reason, some people never seem to grow up past junior high and use their logical brains.  Wish there was an easy way to deal with someone like this.... it is particularly annoying when pregnant and just trying to get through to maternity leave!  and agreed with @silverhope, no one threw her a shower because no one liked her.. if she wasn't so attention hungry/selfish, maybe she might realize that.  

• @mrsvp614 I *hate* all the commentary that people have out of nowhere about breastfeeding.  They make it seem like a personal attack at the mere notion that some people choose NOT to breastfeed.  I'm going to try to breastfeed, but my sister and best friend both chose not to and my cousin just wasn't able to.  It's so rude for people to comment on it though like you're doing something *wrong*.  MIND YOUR BUSINESS.

@puppylove8910 Oh no, I have yet to get any questions regarding how much weight I've gained.  But people have been quick to comment that it looks like I'm gigantic and can't believe that my due date isn't until March.  Hmph.  I used to just get comments about how I "don't look pregnant at all!" but those have quickly shifted these days.

@treetop19 I feel you on the TW being your schedule.  My schedule has been OUT OF CONTROL for the last few weeks (hence my absence on here) and things are only going to get more hectic with more doctors appointments.  At least my busy time at work is over after this week, so I have that to look forward to.  Hang in there!

@chichiphin Omg yes that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm!  LOL!  So fitting for life right now! 

@stacey6689 Oh your coworker sounds insufferable!  I have been having to work late nights at work in the city council chamber and one of the alderman were trying to find me a cushioned chair because the regular ones hurt my back immediately, and this lady I don't even know went apeshit about how when SHE was pregnant, she never got special treatment.  It was mortifying. 
  • @stacey6689 oh god, your colleague is definitely a TW! My baby brain may have mixed you up with another bump member but I believe you’re also an inpatient MH social worker? If so, that makes her an extra twat because I know how f***ing hard and demanding the job is and even though I love it, I’m struggling with my full caseload a bit too but I’m managing. It sounds like there’s no point arguing with her, maybe another colleague putting her in her place would be most effective. If it’s not worth it for anyone, take comfort in your allies at work and know they are there for you! A baby shower at work is so lovely :) please try to enjoy it.

my colleagues are all worried about my caseload as well and it’s totally okay to accept a bit of a reduced caseload if you need it. ♥️ 

Oh and honestly she sounds like
    someone who just loves to complain and to be honest a little narcissistic PD flavor may be at play 😂  she won’t ever stop complaining. Enjoy your last few weeks as much as you can!