Weekly Check In (All Groups) Week of 1/13

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: Pets! Tell us all about them! Bonus points for pictures!

Re: Weekly Check In (All Groups) Week of 1/13

• EDD/W+D: April 11, 27w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): fennec fox

Upcoming Appointments: repeat 3 hour glucose on Wednesday. Yuck. 

How are you feeling? The pelvic pain is getting worse, so is the back pain. Mostly, I’m just tired. 

Raves/Rants: It’s Monday. Weekends aren’t long enough and I still have so much to do. Also, DS will not nap at home. I don’t know what it is. I asked how they get him to nap at daycare and they said he just lays down and goes to sleep. Why won’t he do that at home? 

Questions: No. 

I have 4 dogs. 2 pugs and 2 lab/Rottweiler mixes. I had 3 pugs, but one passed in August. I’m still not completely over it. He was my first puppy and a great dog. When DH and I met, I had the 3 pugs and he had the 2 big dogs. Thus, we ended up with 5. 

Yoda

Stitch

Teddy Bear

Lulu

Kermit, may he Rest In Peace. With a little toddler trying to play with him. Kermit was never a fan of the kid and generally hid from him unless there was food. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 I hope DS gets his cute little act together and starts napping at home again soon! Also, I'm so sorry about the loss of Kermit. I don't think we ever quite get over the loss of our pets, they're truly family. My Vera is the love of my life, she was "my" first dog and she's been with me through so much. I can't even imagine losing her. <3
  • @literatureandink Thanks. It is definitely the worst part about pet ownership. Still worth it though. Sorry about the fight with your H. I would totally work from home when I didn’t feel good if I could, especially since there’s so little we can take that actually helps. Also, you have a cute little group of animals. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 naps are hit and miss here. I'm happy as long as DS will at least do quiet time in his room during nap time. It amazes me how well he sleeps at daycare when they all just lay down on cots.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/W+D: April 14, 27W (tomorrow). Third trimester!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): head of lettuce. 

Upcoming Appointments: not until the 31st, OB appointment, rhogam short and tdap 

How are you feeling? Indigestion is getting worse and tums only takes the edge off. My hips are also pretty tight right now, hoping my PT appointment will help get them feeling good again. 

Raves/Rants: almost done with the nursery! We did a few updates to DS’s room over the weekend and worked on baby boy’s. Almost all done with his!

Questions: anything I can be doing for indigestion? I’ve increased my dairy intake and take tums as needed but it’s not cutting it. I’m eating pretty bland too. 

we have two! I have a 14 yo cat (I have had her since I was 18) and we have a 7 yo dog (he’s a lab, Australian shepherd and blue heeler mix). 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• EDD/W+D: April 26th, 25+1 today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower, Wide-Brimmed Fedora, Demi-Baguette

Upcoming Appointments: January 29th for midwife check and 1hr glucose test

How are you feeling? Good! I've been dealing with heartburn/indigestion and I'm over my cold but my pregnancy stuffy nose still goes strong. Still have fairly good energy though so I'm milking it for what it's worth.

Raves/Rants: Just went and saw Little Women with my sister at the matinee and it was so great, and the theatre was nearly empty and it was just a lovely cozy sisso date. I also had a great day yesterday and date night with hubby was so lovely, so I'm just raving all around.

Questions: Has anyone else had a water birth before? Did you do anything differently or have anything special on hand for it?

GTKY: Pets! Tell us all about them! Bonus points for pictures! We have three furbabies!

Our cat is named Biggsy, but we always just call her kitten. DH had just gotten her not long before we met and when he got her he was told he was getting a neutered male kitten and it turns out she was an unspayed female kitten. Luckily that was discovered while she was still young enough to prevent her having kittens unexpectedly! He had named her Biggs, so he just switched it to Biggsy. 

Our pug is Pierogi, and I got him as a puppy not long after DH and I met. I had always wanted a pug and after my Dad passed away I realized how much a doggo would help me recover from my grief and trauma from being on the front lines of his care in his last two months. I love my puggy! He is hilarious and very much my baby, and he loves DH. One of his favourite pass times is licking Dh's bald head. ( @mercury94 I love that you are a pug mama too!)

We also have a longhaired mini dachshund puppy named Cricket, who's 6 months old. She was DH's wedding gift to me, after months of talking about wanting a dachshund. She is feisty and loves both kitten and Pierogi. We're still working on house training her because 1st trimester kicked my butt energy-wise and I couldn't get her out as often as I normally would with a new puppy. She is good about using her pee pad, but we're hoping to be pee pad free by the time baby gets here... hoping that's not a lofty goal...

• EDD/W+D: April 10/27w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce

Upcoming Appointments: BP check on Thursday. Hooray for weekly check in now that I have gestational hypertension. 🙄

How are you feeling? Horrible lately. My back hurts, my legs hurt on work days, I’m exhausted, very little energy or motivation... 

Raves/Rants: I’m getting my second observation by my principal done next week just in case I end up delivering early or on bed rest. So I’m excited about that, because I HATE being observed. However, shower invitations for my family and coworkers went out and I got mine. So cute! My sister is amazing at creating things, and she did such a great job on the invites! 

Questions: none... just waiting on my results from my glucose test. 

I inherited a puppy dog when I met my husband. He’s a rescue, so we don’t really know his breed mixture or technical age, but he’s somewhere around 8 or 9 years old. His name is hunter, and we have a “hunter voice” we use when we talk for him. Lol. His favorite thing to do right now is lay on me and snuggle my stomach. 🥰 here’s a picture I took on Christmas. Ignore the mess of laundry! Lol

• EDD/W+D:  Planned eviction date of 4/20

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): melon

Upcoming Appointments: fetal echo on the 24th has me nervous. Fingers crossed everything looks perfect!

How are you feeling? tired- but toddler+pregnancy= tired, so....

Raves/Rants: Need DH to paint 1 wall in babies room before we can start to put it together!! I am off the 20th and told him I want it done before then so I can work on setup etc. He also needs to build the crib and glider he has told me he will build. I know he'll get to it soon, but I hate needing to wait to do something for someone else.

Questions: All good right now.

GTKY: We have a almost 5yo Huskador (husky/lab) she is about 90lbs!! We were told when we adopted her at 6mos she would be 60ish lbs and at 6mos she was around 30lbs so we believed it. Love her, but she is big! DH has started talking about once this baby is here the dog needs a friend- um the baby can be a friend! I don't need to add a baby and a dog! But I know if he showed me a rescue, I would cave. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @sbalding88 we have a few strollers. A lightweight we keep in the car, Joovy umbrella and I love it. We also have City Select Jogger, which we also love but it is bulky and not easy to get in and out of the car. We use that for running, walks around the neighborhood and when we need the car seat attachment aspect. 

For hiking purposes, we’ve used a carrier, I wouldn’t use a stroller for that kind of activity. The jogger strollers tend to have more durable wheels (not plastic) and can handle tough terrain. We went with the City Select because of that and because it could grow with our family (can accommodate all three kids), ample storage and overall good quality. Joggers unfortunately tend to be expensive though. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @coaster102516 Thank you! My sister brought up the fact that if we hike postpartum like she did, I might be able to lose some of the baby weight fast with a baby strapped to my chest, so that might be good! I'm considering getting a travel system, but I'm trying to gauge how important that is to me.  
  • I am loving all the dog and cat pictures.  Very uplifting to my spirit and mental state after being done with what seemed like a very long day at work. 

EDD/W+D: 
    4/11.  27+2. Dr said no later than April 1. 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink/blue twins 

Baby is the size of a(n): camping lantern

Upcoming Appointments: this Thurs Jan 16. Growth ultrasound, prenatal and my 1 hr glucose test 

How are you feeling? Still getting over the cold I got from my nephew at Christmas. My hips really hurt from sleeping on my side even though I put a pillow between my legs and switch sides.. Any advice for sore hips?

*trigger warning - previous loss*
    I’m in the last week of 2nd tri. My brain keeps going to the my 3rd tri with DD who we lost. PGAL mind is tough but fortunate to have a good support system as well as a good therapist who not only specializes with baby loss, has unfortunately has lost a child herself (so when she says she understands - she actually does). 

We have an almost 9 year old boxer that we got as a puppy when he was 8 weeks old. He is our first baby. He acts half human, is a very good caring boy, is spoiled but not spoiled rotten, and is a 75 lb mama’s boy. 

• @korthouse Look at that little pug face! I love him. 

As a note, I love everyone’s pets, but I’m a pug person, so I particularly love them. When DH and I got together, I explained that if he wanted to be with me, he had to accept that I would always have at least one pug. I thought it might be a hard sell since he is a big dog person, but he loves the pugs so much now. It’s a good thing, too, bc I’m pretty obsessed with pugs. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ejoseph16 I love that you have a Hunter voice. We talk for our dogs too. The Bear sounds like Eeyore. 

@smallbutmighty77 I have a fetal echo on 1/21. Wishing the best for both of us. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @smallbutmighty77 @mercury94 I have a fetal echo on 1/22. DH’s brother was born with a narrow valve that ended up resolving on its own when he was a teenager but we want to play it safe.
  • @mercury94 I love all doggos but pugs are my absolute favourite. They're just so funny and ridiculous and loving. I don't know if I  could not have a pug or pug mix from here on out in addition to whatever other fur babies we bring into our family
  • EDD/W+D: April 3rd 28 weeks+4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut (seems smaller than a bunch of bananas from last week?)

Upcoming Appointments: I had an appointment with the midwife today and we discussed my ultrasound from last week. Still have low lying placenta. Will need a repeat test at 32 weeks to check it again. I have an appointment for preregistration and meeting with the lactation nurse on Friday. Also had my 1 hr glucose test today 

How are you feeling? I am feeling bummed about my placenta placement and possible c-section, but getting used to the idea. I have had some lightheaded dizziness from lying flat a couple times now, which is unpleasant. I get some cramping every now and then. Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable and I wake up more, even with my pregnancy pillow. 

Raves/Rants: my husband is annoying me right now. Im trying to post this and he keeps telling me I need to come help him with something. Im cranky and I’m hormonal. 

Questions: 

I have one cat named, Chicklet. I’ve had her for 8 years. She was a rescue that I got when I was still single. My husband has come to love her as well. She’s a needy diva. Not sure how she will handle the new addition. 
  • @literatureandink I have a minor congenital heart defect. That was the reasoning my OB gave for my fetal echo. We didn’t do one with DS, but I think it’s become more available here in the last few years. Hope your echo goes well too. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @babyrummom why do husbands think that they can just ask us to do things?? It’s offensive to me lately. I’m growing your child what elsssssse can I doooo for you? Lol
  • @literatureandink I know right??lol It doesn’t help that my emotions have been all over the place the past week! He should know better! 
  • Like @mandarenee898 said, I’m loving these pet pictures! So fun to see everyone’s fur babies. 

EDD/W+D: April 7 / 28 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday for check-in and glucose screening; hospital tour scheduled for early February

How are you feeling? I feel much better than last week, but I haven’t been sleeping well the last few nights. I have added more snacks when packing my lunch, and I seem to feel better if I eat a little every two hours or so. I also have been making sure I walk around at work at least once an hour. I don’t know about you all, but I can get so involved in a project that I don’t move for hours! Speaking of work, I’m feeling stressed about all the deadlines this week. Trying to take it one day at a time, but yikes - so much to do! I’m also starting to feel anxious about the end of pregnancy, which basically comes down to wanting a healthy, full-term babe. 

Raves/Rants: I finally pulled the trigger on nursery furniture this weekend! I was ready to rant about how painful the process was for me (trying to find a crib and dresser to coordinate with existing pieces, make good use of space, accommodate my tall husband so he can feel comfortable changing baby too, etc. and being overwhelmed by the fact that the reviews are all over the place), but I think I’ll be happy with what I selected. Here’s hoping delivery next week goes smoothly! I paid extra to have it delivered inside, which means I will have to schedule myself to be home that day...

GTKY: We have a siamese mix named Maestro. He’s my baby (as evidenced by my profile picture!). I adopted him shortly after college and before meeting my husband. Hubby wasn’t so sure about a cat at first (he’s actually allergic to most cats), but the cat was for sure non-negotiable! He likes to pester him, but he loves him too, and he often sends me pictures when the cat is on his lap...

• EDD/W+D: April 12, 27w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of bananas 

Upcoming Appointments: next week, rhogam & checkup 

How are you feeling? overall good, but definitely slowing down. Belly gets too heavy and back gets achy. Bending is getting so hard! 

Raves/Rants: Starting my semester this week. A little nervous about getting everything done ... baby is due 2 weeks before semester ends so trying to front load my work and turn things in early. We shall see if it works! 

Questions: None 

I don’t have any pets, but love the photos! Had a fish and a frog during childhood for a few years. 
  • @jenabary I had the same thoughts about furniture (which is actually just crib, changing table, dresser that goes in our bedroom since we have small apt). So much to choose from and trying to make it fit the right way! Finally made selections this past weekend as well. 
  • @jenabary @gingers19 I feel this way about all baby products! So many options, so many mixed reviews. I was chatting with my sister about it yesterday and she said it's really just because every family is different. Some products will work perfectly for one baby and the next baby will hate it. She said just take the plunge and for more affordable things like teethers to just get one of each of the ones you like best and see what works rather than stockpiling the same of anything until you find your groove
  • EDD/W+D: 4/30, 24w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Feels like a bowling ball

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday, then I think I have the glucose test

How are you feeling? Tired, not sleeping well, things are starting to get hard to do, my back and hips are getting sore, my boobs have also gotten really sore and seem like they get bigger daily

Raves/Rants: Work sucks lately, I'm completely overwhelmed.  I work mostly with Medicare and we are in the middle of our busy season and approaching peak.  I'm getting really burned out.  I've happily taken on so many new responsibilities this year I better get a sweet raise and/or promotion.  

Questions:

GTKY: Pets! Tell us all about them! Bonus points for pictures!  I have two cats from before I met DH.  A short haired calico Lexi and a long haired tuxedo Ellie.  I feel awful bc they definitely do not get the love and attention that they deserve now with kids taking all of our time.  

• @KFrob I feel that way about my dogs. They used to be our children until we decided to have human children. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I love seeing pictures of everyone's pets! It makes me want more peeks into everyone's lives (in a not creepy way)!
  • @literatureandink hopefully we'll get some of that once we move to facebook. My Aug 17 BMB is still active and we talk daily on Facebook.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 that's what I'm hoping for! :-)

• EDD/W+D: 4/14, 27w (RCS scheduled for 3/30)

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya

Upcoming Appointments: OB 1/28

How are you feeling? Eh, feeling very pregnant these days and having a lot of braxton hicks. Dealing with all of the fun things like acid reflux, heartburn and hemorrhoids. I’ve also had a major decrease in energy lately.

Raves/Rants: DH is off this weekend finally, he’s been working weekends the past few weeks and I’m so over it. He works 4 on and 4 off, but it’s a lot of solo parenting for me and I am so ready for some backup. I feel like I can’t get anything extra done, because I’m exhausted after taking care of DD and our regular household upkeep. 

Questions: none

Meet Whiskey (DH wanted him to have a cool name, because he has a sad story)! We adopted our sweet boy in 2016 for my 30th birthday. He had been living on the streets in the middle of winter, was super underweight, definitely abused and covered in porcupine quills. We think he’s a chow shepherd and is probably even more mixed. He is the absolute best dog, just so kind and appreciative to have a home. We love him so much and he’s awesome with DD, she literally uses him as a jungle gym. They even play hide and go seek, he’ll actually go find her if you tell him to. We so lucked out! 

• @sbalding88 We have the City Select and love it. DH bought a jogging stroller off of a BST group for him to use for workouts with DD, it was like $50 and in great condition. For any sort of hiking or going off (paved) trail, we would baby wear.

@mandarenee898 thinking of you, Mama. I am sure it gets tougher the closer you get towards delivery. *TW* Jan 9 through 26th is when everything happened with DS1, so I am in the midst of reliving all of those dates/milestones ahead of his birthday. PGAL brain is brutal at times. *End TW*

@literatureandink I am still in the FB group for my BMB with DD. People definitely open up in a more private setting.
  • @literatureandink I’m also still in a FB group from my last BMB. It’s down to about 15 people now, but it’s nice to keep up with those babies. I also see one of them fairly regularly as we live in the same city and our kids go to the same daycare. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @doraleigh35 Thanks! It’s exciting but also a little nerve wracking. I was thinking of you as I couldn’t remember the date but I remember January 2018.  My heart goes out to you as you remember your sweet boy. 
  • EDD/W+D: April 5th // 28 + 3 third trimester woohooo! 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Upcoming Appointments: I have an OB appt at 30 wks but I have reqs to go do my glucose test this week

How are you feeling? Well currently very sad because I just got home from a little babymoon / tropical vacation at a resort with my friends and it was amazing! I’m just trying to stay thankful that I even got to go and baby behaved during the trip! Physically I feel really good! 

Raves/Rants: The weather here... it’s literally a 60 degree (celsius!) difference from where I was. It’s absolutely miserable and I ask myself every winter why I live here. I really need to go do some errands but I don’t want to leave the house! 

@sbalding88 I really want an uppababy vista. I currently have a used city select which is the same idea but seems a little bulkier and I also like the bassinet that comes with the uppababy. 

I love everyone’s pet pictures!! 

I have 2 kitties who are both rescues. One from the humane society and the other was an orphan at the barn where I keep my horse and I found her pretty lifeless and ended up taking her home and bottle feeding her (along with 2 brothers who I found homes for- they weren’t nearly in as bad of shape as her). My older female basically took her under her wing and mothered her and they are best friends now. 

I also have a horse that I board at my friends! Really missing riding him lately! The cold weather makes it a bit easier though.