April 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check In (All Groups) Week of 1/6/20

@mercury94 - hope I'm not stepping on toes posting this!

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions?

Re: Weekly Check In (All Groups) Week of 1/6/20

• Options
    EDD/W+D: April 30th - 23 weeks and 4 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Pink :) 

Baby is the size of a(n): mango, grapefruit, eggplant, Barbie doll

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday 1/10 - glucose test and regular OB appointment

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good this morning all things considered - a huge part having to do with the fact that I managed to not suffer from insomnia last night. That and back pain have been pretty constant companions these days. I'm very hungry almost all the time, and the having to pee all the time hasn't really let up like I was told. :P lol. I've been dealing with some headaches lately - but only one of them scared me into thinking I was dealing with preeclampsia, but a quick visit to the OB and two blood pressure checks convinced them that it was okay. Little girl continues to get more active and stronger, which is about 95% fun and 5% please stop kicking my bladder or insert other organ here. 

Raves/Rants: My rant would probably be people making me feel bad for wanting to keep my baby's name to myself, touching my now finally showing belly without permission, and people telling me "how big" or "how small" I am. I'm trying to figure out how to be firm but kind with people about my boundaries. I think my latest rave would be the sales I've found on Motherhood Maternity now that just about 95% of my previous wardrobe no longer fits me. 

Questions: None that I can think of at the moment. :) 

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? I'm trying to walk more, work on writing several days a week, and to try to add an extra serving or two of veggies to my diet. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 27 weeks today - 4/6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce

Upcoming Appointments: 1/15 growth u/s and ob appt

How are you feeling? Insomnia and back pain are vying for my most hated symptom...this week insomnia is winning. I hate not being able to sleep. And when I can't sleep, I overthink, so now I have a zillion questions and basically just want someone who has had a baby to walk me through every single thing. Good news is that my skin has been the best it's ever been and my boobs, while huge and dark nippled, are looking pretty good in my maternity shirts. 

Raves/Rants: Rant: back to work after a beautiful staycation. Rave: I was lucky enough to get a long staycation and I'm eating a divine piece of bread pudding. Rant: Why do people think they can just come up to me and touch my stomach? Honestly, I don't even like it when my friends and family do it. It's not public property. Rave: Ordered nursery furniture!!

Questions: Way too many to list here. Someone please just write me a novel on late pregnancy, birth, and being a mom. Please and thank you. 

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? My only goal/resolution/intention is to really continue to make self care a priority. Keeping up with my therapy, anxiety medication, meditation, and all my other self care habits, is going to be key for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @literatureandink Never stepping on toes. I always appreciate when something I’m planning to post is already up. 

EDD/W+D: 
    4/11, 26W4D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): bowling pin 

Upcoming Appointments: 1/15 repeat glucose 3-hour. 1/21 Fetal echo

How are you feeling? Still mostly tired. Occasional headaches. Hips are killing me. 

Raves/Rants: I just realized how soon we will be having babies. So much to do. So little time. Man, I feel behind and unprepared. 

Questions: nope

I don’t usually do resolutions. I do want to focus more on being healthy, and particularly on losing the baby weight after she is born. It took 18 months to lose the weight with DS, because I wasn’t really focused on it. I want to do better this time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 7, 26+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): I have no idea... 

Upcoming Appointments: I had my glucose test this morning and am just waiting on the results 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Back pain is a bit worse since my chiropractor has been off for the holidays 

Raves/Rants: My old boss has a box of 0-6 m baby girl clothes for me! Also, I just gave in and got maternity nylons and they are a game changer! I was skeptical, but am a convert after just half a day

Questions:

• Options

@sbalding88 @mandarenee898 and @mercury94  Good luck with the glucose tests!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 4/14, 25+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): kale

Upcoming Appointments: not till 1/24

How are you feeling? Ok, but it's hard to do a lot of activity

Raves/Rants: semester starts next week. I think it'll be good to get back to teaching/tutoring and have more to do. Also, DS has had real improvement with potty training and I'm super excited about that!

Questions: anyone getting their tdap soon? I think I can get it anytime between 27-36 weeks. Also, anyone preregister at the hospital already?

I want to try to be better about not letting little things bother me too much, especially my parents. Also, want to be good about getting rid of baby weight. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in September, so I'll have a dress I need to fit into.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I have an appointment with the lactation consultant and they do preregistration at the same time. My appointment is next week, but I have the pre-reg packet to fill out already! 
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 Our midwives have us do the pre-registration around 15/20 weeks... and for the trap, they told me to aim to get it around 34 weeks
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 at my 24 week appointment they gave me preregistration paperwork to bring back at my 28 week appointment (next week). My doctor will give me my tdap between 32-34 weeks.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 27 weeks, 3 days 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): a bunch of bananas 

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday 1/8- ultrasound to check placenta placement 

How are you feeling? 
    Still having the indigestion when I eat big meals. My belly is definitely getting in the way and it is getting more difficult to reach my feet. I haven’t really had a lot of pains or other discomforts.

Raves/Rants: 
    Raves: We got our major nursery furniture in, assembled and and the spare room cleaned out! 
    Rants: I was feeling stressed this weekend about baby shower details. My mom and MIL plan to throw it, but want to hear from me about all the details and invites to send. After talking with my husband, creating a guest list and figuring out what part of the state we will have it, I’m feeling better about it all. 

Questions:
    My insurance company won’t allow the breast pump to be sent until after the baby is born. For those who have breast fed or pumped before, has anyone else experienced this with insurance? How soon did you actually use a breast pump upon coming home from the hospital? 

I want to focus on staying healthy and prioritizing self care for the remainder of my pregnancy. After baby is born, I hope to establish some balance in life between taking care of baby, myself and eventually returning to work. 
  • Options
    @babyrummom I'm a FTM, so I can't answer your question about breast pumps, but that really sucks that they won't send it till afterwards. I requested mine, and they'll send it a month before my due date. 
    @Kathryn0903 No TDAP yet, though I'll probably be one of the last people in this group to get it as I'm a 4/30 due date. I'm gonna ask my doctor about when they do it. I haven't pre-registered with the hospital yet, though we do have a tour scheduled at 30 weeks. Another thing I'm going to need to look into. :P 
    @Sailing_Mama Thanks! It's my second one. I had a 1 hour glucose test at 18 weeks because of the PCOS and my weight, and I passed it with a 79. Hoping that I pass this one as well. :) 
    @literatureandink I work at a library, and I keep trying to find a book that will tell me what to do. lol. If I find anything good, I'll pass it along. I definitely cried thinking about how much I don't know yesterday. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 26th, 24+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe, "as tall as a box of Chips Ahoy!", French press

Upcoming Appointments: January 29th for 28 week midwife check-in and my glucose test

How are you feeling? Great! Mostly over my cold and we had our baby shower on Friday, which kicked me into major nesting mode. I took down the Christmas decor today (I always wait at least until the last day of Christmas) and organized a few of bean's things into nice cloth woven baskets from Winners. Feeling very proactive! 

Raves/Rants: Rave: We get our nursing glider/recliner tomorrow!!! There's a possibility I will cry when I sit in it thinking about nursing our little baby in it just a few months from now. Rant: I'm already done with winter, and it hasn't even been that bad here yet, but it's supposed to get much worse and be a long one this year. 

Questions: Is spending the extra on a really good breast pump worth it? I know we'll use one, but I don't know how the cost and feature variations will translate to day-to-day life since this is our first baby.

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? I didn't make any official ones, but the biggest intention is decluttering, as well as self-care in the forms of taking care of my body (chiropractor, keeping healthy easy-to-eat foods on hand, continuing with prenatal yoga)
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 12, 26w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash 

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks for Rhogam shot

How are you feeling? good overall but feeling the belly! It gets so heavy!! Laying down is really only solution. Trying to keep up with daily walks and weekly spin class but those are getting harder for sure. 

Raves/Rants: Rant- Making a baby registry is daunting!! I picked amazon and there are so many choices for every product. We also live in small space (1 bedroom apt),so trying to keep to essentials! Rave-he kicks so much in the evening! I get worried everyday from like 10am-3pm bc it’s sporadic and then he goes to town. A few times they’ve been strong enough to wake me up! 

Questions: Any tips for heavy belly? Stretches that help or is it really just a signal to take a load off for a bit. 

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? Get super organized and ready for baby. Finish my semester as much as a can before his arrival (he’s due 2 weeks before end of semester). 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 4/14, 26w, (RCS scheduled for 3/30)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test on Friday. 1/10

How are you feeling? I'm doing okay. Starting to feel big. Definitely getting more tired again.

Raves/Rants: I'm back at work today after 2.5 weeks off and I only 5/6 weeks left until I go on Mat leave (bed rest). I feel like I have so much to do, but also can't wait to be done with work for a year + 

Questions: None

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? Self-care, especially after baby arrives. We also have some goals with buying a new house and selling our house in the US, just a lot of adulting.
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I need to ask about TDap at my next appointment, thanks for the reminder. My OB had me fill out the paper work to schedule my C-section (and tubal), but I am not sure if I need to fill out anything else for the hospital.

@korthouse I would invest in a good pump if you can afford it. I bought a single side Medela pump with DD and within a month had to buy something else. It will definitely depend on your circumstances, but DD came home from the NICU on bottles (of breastmilk) and it took me a few weeks to get her to exclusively breastfeed (I was exclusively pumping at that time). Then I pumped to maintain a freezer stash, having a good double pump made a difference in keeping up my supply. I have already purchased a Spectra this time around (you can get through Amazon US and import fees weren't bad), last time I used the Medela Pump in Style Advanced.

@babyrummom I am in Canada so my pump is not covered by insurance (used HSA), so I can't speak to that part. But whether you need a pump or not will really depend on when baby arrives and how they are feeding. You can always rent a pump from your hospital if you need one short term. I plan to pump very early on, but that may not be everyone's choice or necessarily recommended by an LC it's just my preference based on my past experiences.
  • Options
    @babyrummom - I was just talking to a friend about the breast pump thing... she also wasn't able to get it beforehand and the nurses at the hospital took care of everything with the insurance and she received it a few days after she got home. She said she didn't need it during that time, but if you're feeling anxious you could opt for a low-cost manual pump to have on hand. 

• Options
    EDD/W+D: April 10/ 26w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): a Walkman 

Upcoming Appointments: Repeat anatomy scan and regular prenatal tomorrow! 

How are you feeling? Ugh. Exhausted, swollen, nausea has returned, sore back... 

Raves/Rants: back to school this week. Makes it harder to keep up with Bump, but I did miss my kiddos and my coworkers. They of course tell me how cute I am pregnant now, and how much I have grown since before break... 

Questions: none

I am trying to find 15 minutes a day to read. It’s relaxing to me, and I call it “me time”. So far I’ve been good about it! 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 4/22 25wk (RCS 4/16)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower

Upcoming Appointments: need to do my glucose test sometime in the next couple of weeks. 

How are you feeling? Not too bad aside from dealing with the less glamorous side of pregnancy (I’m talking to you constipation and hemorrhoids!)

Raves/Rants: Excited that we have our official CS date booked! Less than 100 days away from meeting our squishy baby🤭!

Questions: STM+, are you taking any classes again? We’re 10 years out of the game, but not sure if we should take the breastfeeding class or do the hospital tour again, particularly because of having a repeat CS. I am signing DS up for the big brother class our hospital offers though. 

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? No resolutions for me, just keep doing what I’m doing😁
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @Brags0607 I might have done the hospital tour again if it was a different hospital or if more time had passed since DS was born. I remember it all pretty well still. I think my DS is too young for the sibling class (he’s 2), but would totally want to do that with an older kid. My nephew loved the one he did (he’s 5 years older than my niece). I didn’t get anything out of the breastfeeding class last time, so I’m not doing that one again. If your hospital has a good one, though, it might be worth the refresher. We’ve considered doing the infant CPR class again for a refresher. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 4/26 (4/20 c section) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Melon- which seems not right

Upcoming Appointments: Friday- US to check placenta placement and overall fluid levels and the ever fun glucose test

How are you feeling? Why am I still so tired! Even going to bed early I wake up still so tired.

Raves/Rants: Potty training is going ok- only like 1 accident a day, and we are on day 4ish? Still in diapers for nap/night but if we can get daytime down before this babe comes I will appreciate it!

Questions: C-section moms, this is my 3rd c-section but between NICU and all the health issues for the babies the last 2x, I just didn't pay attention to my own healing, at all. So anything you recommend to help afterwards/ at home with the scar, pressure, etc? 

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? Try to get more cooking/recipes done so i can figure out a bunch of stuff to make and freeze before this babe comes, and working on incorporating more veggies into our lives- we are not good at it. Overall trying to make the transition as easy on us in the ways I can control, as possible.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I'm kind of in the same boat. We were in the NICU for two weeks after my CS. I remember walking helped a ton with releasing excess fluid, I needed a pillow to hold while I sneeze/laugh/cough/pee, laxative with a stool softener for BMs, stool to get in and out of our large vehicle. The hospital didn't give me a belly binder last time, so I plan on having one on hand this time. I also needed zantac and ovol to help with the gas bubbles from surgery. I also plan on getting depends to try this time, I heard they go over your incision and are way easier. For scaring I used vitamin E, Mederma and saw an Osteopath.
  • Options
    @doraleigh35 I was lucky in that I had minimal bleeding etc so I was in maternity underwear w. a pad by day 2. The 1st kid I was swollen like an elephant despite walking and DS I barely had any so I'm trying to be ready for either. 
    Nervous about the toddler being needier this time around too with all the lifting limitations. I was so mentally preoccupied with DS I just didn't even realize what I shouldn't have been doing. 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I was super swollen too, but I'm hoping since I won't have 52 hours of labor prior to a CS that it won't be as bad. Also, concerned about my toddler. My OB said nothing more than 15lbs for 6 weeks. DD is 3 (35lbs), but I feel like she will be super clingy with a new baby. She is a big time Mama's girl.
  • Options
    28 weeks, team pink 

Rant/how am I feeling:
    I failed the 1 hour glucose test today and now everything is a big pile of garbage. I mentally understand that this isn’t the end of the world but emotionally I’m wondering why I’m giving myself diabetes and acne and backaches and a stretched out ugly body just to bring an extra person to this messed up world. So it’s been a good day - eye roll. 

My 3 hour test is next week and I don’t know how I’m going to get through this if I fail again and have to feel anxious and guilty about every bite of food or every night spent on the couch instead of going for walks in this stupid winter weather. What do I look forward to day to day if every indulgence is something I have to feel bad about? Wish I could magically wake up 3 months from now when this pregnancy is over. 
  • Options
    mercury94mercury94 member
    edited January 2020
    @independentgeorge I’ve failed the one hour both pregnancies. I took the 3 hour twice last time and passed both times. I passed the 3 hour in November this time, too. I’m taking it again next week. It’s not my favorite part of pregnancy (might be my least favorite), but it’s just a day. Hoping you pass the 3 hour. I know plenty of other ladies who failed the one hour and passed the 3 hour just fine. 

ETA: The point is to try not to freak out about it until you get the results of the 3 hour. You might be worrying unnecessarily. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 7 | 27 + 2

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wednesday for 28 weeks and the glucose test. 

How are you feeling? Third trimester is hitting hard! I was so sick this weekend, but it subsided before I felt the need to call the doctor. Then I had major gas and digestive issues a few days later. I think my body is just upset from indulging over the holidays and/or from baby pushing my organs out of the way!

Raves/Rants: I unplugged over the holidays (hence being MIA for a while), and it was very relaxing. Also, the hubby and I had a fantastic trip to the east coast for New Years! I’m so glad we were able to get away together. Now I’m really stressed about work though so...yay!

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions? I usually pick words that I think will define my year. This year I am going with birth and becoming. Like others have said though, I definitely have good intentions of finding balance and practicing self-care before and after the baby comes!
  • Options
    jenabaryjenabary member
    edited January 2020
    @mercury94 I feel you on the sudden realization that our babies will be here really soon! I wanted to wait until after the holidays to start nesting, and now I feel like there is so much to do!

@kathryn0903 I scheduled my hospital tour for the first week of February. I am supposed to pre-register before the tour. 

@gingers19 No tips really, but I am also feeling the heaviness. Just trying to slow down when I can, and I have been doing some yoga poses as well. 

@independentgeorge Sorry you failed the one hour test, but here is to hoping you will pass the next one! I was feeling overwhelmed earlier this week after not feeling well for a few days, and I spiraled into some of the same thoughts about bringing a child into a messed up world and then worrying about all the upcoming life changes. I felt better after a big ugly cry in my car in the parking lot!

• Options
    @independentgeorge I failed the one hour with DD1 and passed the 3 hour.  My doctor told me if you feel like you're going to die during the 3 hour it's a tell that you're going to pass.  Fingers crossed for you! I also have similar thoughts, especially with all the current events and a world where it seems as if no cares about anything but themselves.  Maybe talk to your doctor about what you're feeling?  Also, as for indulgences, if I remember correctly you're a fellow Anthropologie fan, their having 40% off the sale stuff!  :)  Treat Yo Self!     
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 4/30, 24w

Baby is the size of a(n): Package of Oreos, Philly cheese steak, or a melon

Upcoming Appointments: Next week

How are you feeling?  Still mostly good.  I've been a big time slacker in the exercise department and I'm feeling it in my hips and back. 

Raves/Rants: I'm scared to see how much weight I've gained.  I've felt out of control with the eating.  At least I seem to be going from one extreme to the other so I figure it will even it's self out?  I'll have a super great day filled with whole grains, fruits and veggies, and yogurt, then finish it off with Wendy's spicy nugs and fries.....  

Questions:

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions?  To be more positive, make sure I'm talking more to DH about how I feel.
  • Options
    @littleredm congrats on the house! 

@independentgeorge I know a bunch of people who failed the 1 hour, but the 3 hour was fine, so hopefully that’s your case too! 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @littleredm Congrats on the house. That’s so exciting. Hope you can close and get settled in easily. 

@independentgeorge, @KFrob made a great point. I’ve passed the 3 hour 3 times now and totally felt like I was going to pass out or die every time. So, think of that as a good sign if it happens even though it sucks at the time. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @littleredm Congratulations!!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 5/27w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce

Upcoming Appointments: Today!  And I need to do my glucose testing.  

How are you feeling? Exhausted.  My legs are achy from driving over the holidays.  2 days up, 1 day over and 3 days back.  I made sure to get out of the car every couple of hours.  

Raves/Rants: I know I haven't gained as much weight as many but I don't want to get much heavier and I'm not eating as much because nausea is back.  After my last DS weaned himself my body and hormones went crazy and I gained 20lbs out of nowhere.  So just trying to stay positive.

Questions:  What are you all doing for achy bodies?  I already go to a chiropractor and I'm getting massages.  

GTKY: What is/are your New Year Resolution(s)/Intentions?  To declutter and organize, also purge but it's hard because I'm a pack rat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you @mercury94 @jenabary @KFrob @babyrummom -- makes me feel better to hear lots of people do pass the three hour test! And refreshing to know I'm not alone in worrying about what seems like a pretty strange and sometimes messed up world. I figured pregnancy would make me feel sappy about animal commercials but I didn't realize I'd just feel generally anxious. I know I will feel so much better if I pass next week, and even if I don't I guess I'll have clear steps to follow and some direction.
  • Options
    @sbalding88 what time is your glucose test today? I just finished my drink and am waiting my hour. 
  • Options
    @Sincera4 I learned from my Mum and sister that we don't tend to gain a lot or puff up much during pregnancy, but that we do while breastfeeding. I'm trying to make sure DH and I have some healthy snacking plans on hand to help counter it, but also trying to mentally prepare for it so I can accept that it's what my body may be inclined to do. 

Also, am dealing with aches too! I find warm epsom baths help the most, as well as trying to sneak more bananas into my diet to reduce muscle cramps. Prenatal yoga classes have helped too and I do some of the restorative postures at home now to help, especially for my lower back. I need to get to a chiropractor and massage therapist too though.
  • Options
    How many people have tried chiropractors? I really want to try one but I’m a little nervous.