August 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 1/6

13»

Re: Weekly randoms 1/6

• Options
    @lachnessmomster I was thinking the same thing about the drive-bys!

You guys I am so lucky, I have not had nearly as much nausea as some of you ladies have been enjoying. But this morning, I legit came as close as I have yet to puking! When I called the dog in from being outside for a few minutes, I noticed he wa Dilly dallying, maybe eating something out there he shouldn't be. So I'm like whatever I call him in. He finally comes up to the porch, and I see him still chewing on something. I figured something gross I don't want to touch, so I'm like drop it drop it drop it, but he doesn't want to drop it, so I grabbed his scruff and I'm like drop it! and again, I didn't want to touch it, so I carefully grabbed his jaw and sure enough, 

<div class=" Spoiler">It was some kind of animal foot!!! 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 and then the STINK!!!!</div>
    @duck_duck_goose was that you that said you were dealing with the vet smells????  I don't know how you do it, I would be puking every day for sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Omg, I can't imagine how awful that smelled. He didn't want to let go of his tasty snack. :D

@samsonator Don't get me wrong. It takes A LOT of patience on my part, especially because baking is so precise, and I'm a freak about getting the measurements just right. I have to do a lot of deep breathing, but he has so much fun with it. At Christmas, I gave him a little ball of his own gingerbread dough, and he rolled and re-rolled that thing a hundred times, then had a blast decorating the rest of them with red hots. I definitely have to remind myself to chill out and let him play and have fun.
  • Options
    @lachnessmomster I love to bake with Dd too! She’s 4 we have a learning tower. She’s been helping and hanging out in the kitchen since she was probably 2ish
    Craft Blog
  • Options
    tyrion_tyrion_ member
    edited January 2020
    @BusinessWife That would be make gag even not pregnant. Blah! Sorry you had to deal with that. 

Edit: spelling 
  • Options
    @lachnessmomster I'm impressed that baking is bonding for you and your 3 year old. It turns into yelling at my house 😅 No, don't pour... Ugh slow, stir slow... No that's too many!... Honey wait you have to be patient...  I said don't pour that in!
    This is exactly why I haven’t tried it 😂 I’m just too chicken
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    @roo_baby I feel terrible, but it's like, just take two seconds to look around and learn the board, put the posts in the appropriate spot, and you'll get so much support. Why is this so difficult!?
  • Options
    moguippy DD probably wasn't really ready to bake with me until 20 months maybe? She loves saying "hot hot" also. I must have warned her about food that was hot at some point and it clearly really made an impression since she's always saying "Hot, hot cheese!" Every now and then she'll switch it up with other words. I almost died laughing when she said "Hot, hot mama."
    tara4910 My daughter always wants to "help" with household tasks too. I think her favorite (other than cooking) is unloading the dishwasher. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way as she gets older, haha.
    @WishesSheCouldCook The Learning Tower is the best! We have it set up at the kitchen island so she can "help" with cooking tasks.
    samsonator @lachnessmomster Cooking with DD has been the best exercise in patience for me; I am such a control freak in the kitchen (and in general really). I just have to accept that everything is going to take twice as long and be twice as messy.
  • Options
    @hypermusic same with the dishwasher! It’s great now that I don’t have to bend over to get the dishes out, but I can only imagine how much more I’ll appreciate it at 8.5 months pregnant. 

@moguippy we started around that age with her helping to shake salt and pepper or pour things from one container to another, but it definitely gets better closer to 2.