August 2020 Moms

Please read! Need encouragement! Low HCG after bleeding

Hey Ladies,

This is my first pregnancy through IVF! I’m 6 weeks & 2 days pregnant. This past Wednesday I had my last blood work (BETA) and resulted excellent with 8,764. Hours later that day I felt like a warm discharge that made me rushed to the restroom and saw that I had blood on my underwear! I freaked out and called my nurse and she told me not to panic. To monitor the bleeding with a pad and see if leaks out my pad. Hours later I checked my pad and there was nothing on the pad! No blood whatsoever! I told my nurse and she said it’s more than likely from intercourse (since I had intercourse the night before with my husband) that my cervix is super sensitive and as long as I don’t have heavy flow or cramping, I should be fine! Well I decided to get another blood work done yesterday just to see how my hcg level is and they called me saying it dropped to 1,900 😭 They say it’s strange how drastic my numbers went down especially from only that one time blood discharge I had! I’m going to get more testing done Monday the 6th and get ultrasound done! They say sometimes the numbers can be funky and it doesn’t always mean a bad thing.

Have any of you experienced this before and ended up being ok?! I’m trying to stay calm and positive. I just want my baby to be safe. I need words of encouragement! I know that 30% women experience bleeding during their first trimester.

Re: Please read! Need encouragement! Low HCG after bleeding

• I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. Hope you get good news on Monday. 
    Craft Blog