April 2020 Moms

STM+ Discussion January

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

Any questions/concerns?

Any fun plans with your kids this month?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Discussion January

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/14, 25+1

How old is/are your other kid(s)? He'll be 2.5 this month

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Doing great. 2 months into potty training and we're having very minimal accidents at this point. Not great at daycare, but that'll come.

Any questions/concerns?
    Any must haves for a big boy bedroom besides the obvious of a bed, dresser, bookshelf, etc?

Any fun plans with your kids this month? No real plans, but starting another session of parent/child swim class with me. It'll be the last session before he gets to do a class on his own.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: April 22nd, 24+0

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 9 1/2

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He is doing great and very excited. We went browsing at BBB and he told me he decided he wants a brother. Not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow!

Any questions/concerns? None at the moment

Any fun plans with your kids this month? Setting up his new room (he chose Star Wars) so we can use the smaller bedroom as the nursery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/30, 23w

How old is/are your other kid(s)? SD almost 7, DD1 almost 4, DD2 15months

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?  We've had a rough couple of weeks with SD and DD1.  SD is always exhausting since mom's house is a free for all with no rules and our house is more structured and has rules (ie no running in the house... seems like a no brainer to me) so it's constant reminding, nagging, time ous, etc.  DD1 has gone off the rails with her behavior and I don't know what's going on.  It's like I don't know who she is anymore.  I think maybe it's a combo of following SD's lead, sugar and the all over schedule with limited naps over the holidays.  We've been working to get her back on track and yesterday and this morning we're seeing a big improvement.  

Any questions/concerns?  I'm suddenly terrified that DD2 is going to get lost in the mix when the baby comes.  I guess there's always a fear about the change in dynamic with a new baby but this time it just hit me hard.

Any fun plans with your kids this month?  Since DD1's birthday is the 7th and there isn't possibly anymore toys or clothes to buy her I asked if she would rather go with mommy to get her nails done for her birthday instead of presents and she said yes.  I feel a little guilty doing something that benefits me too but she gets so excited and is super cute.  
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 4/11, 25w5d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 2. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He’s been super cranky lately, but it looks like he’s getting his molars, so that seems like the cause. He’s gotten settled in his big boy bed the last 2 weeks and now had no interest in the crib. This should make it easier to move the crib into baby sister’s room. Still don’t think he really understands that there’s a baby coming. We’ll see. 

Any questions/concerns?  Not really. Going to be starting potty training relatively soon. He seems to be showing a bit of an interest now. 

Any fun plans with your kids this month?  I want to take him to the zoo, but it’s a 2-hour drive, so I generally need to plan that out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @Kathryn0903 I’d love ideas too. So far, his big boy room is basically exactly his nursery, but with a toddler bed. We are moving the crib and changing table to the baby’s room once we clean it out. It’s currently storage. 

@Brags0607 Good luck going back. I feel like little boys always want a brother, but they will come around. 

@KFrob Sorry about the behavior issues. Hope she gets back on track easily. The nail date with your DD sounds super fun. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Kathryn0903Kathryn0903 member
    edited January 2020
    @mercury94 we're taking a risk and moving DS to our spare room with a queen bed. Adding a rail to the bed, but I'm super nervous. We have a dresser and bookshelf picked out, but I'm trying to figure out what else to add.
    Good luck with the potty training, too. We're 2 months in. It's rough in the beginning, but it gets better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mercury94 I've been dying to take DD1 to the aqurium that's about an hour and a half away but it just seems like such a trek. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 23+4

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2.5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Good- we aren't officially potty training yet- but have been pushing it more and more. Probably start pushing it soon and working towards undies sooner than later. Except naps/night. She has always been the kid who when she wanted to start something she just did it and got it, so we want her to want it a bit more before we really push.

Any questions/concerns? We call this babe peanut- so I am so interested to see how long it will take DD to actually refer to him by his name once he is here and we have one. 

Any fun plans with your kids this month? We started swim a few weeks ago- she alternates between loving it and crying. But it's kids only no parents so that's nice. Otherwise trying to settle back down now that all the holidays are over.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @KFrob We have a great aquarium here that we love. We take him there with some frequency. But, the zoo is a trek. DS loves it though. Sometimes he just wants to see an elephant. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017