Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/30-1/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess Awesome!!!! I'm soooo close to paying mine off too. We're probably going to get hit with $$$ for IVF meds, but the plan in 2020 is to tackle some of our debt, so we'll start applying the amount we were paying for my car to the next smallest debt. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    Funny story, had my appointment this morning so I got to work late. All the lights were off... Apparently those in my building (we have 2 buildings) who are working today were told last week they could work from home. Since I was only in on Monday I didn't get this memo and also some people thought I wasn't working today. Thankfully my coworker came in because the VPN wasn't working for him, hence how I found all this out.

We're being let out at 2pm anyway. So woot.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @mvt2003 Keto buddy!!! I’ve been slacking into a bit of lazy keto this last few months (half using the excuse that maybe my body needs more carbs to get and stay PG) but I’m also recommitting in the new year! I also dabbling in intermittent fasting, but that’s definitely been put on the back burner lately. 
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient Keto is tough to get in and out of, but so worth it! I broke keto a week or so before Christmas, and have been having a "fun" holiday :D I'll actually be very happy to deal with keto flu again I think :D We're having Chinese food for NYE dinner, then after that I'll cutting the carbs! I do think IF is easier for me to do on keto, because my hunger is suppressed. @kpearse99 also does some keto, we trade recipes! 

• Options
    Damn, don't think I could do Keto. I love bread too much. But best of luck to you Ketoers!  My intention is just to continue to work on healthy habits, like regular exercise and mindful eating. I joined the gym near work so I'm going 2-3 times per week right after work.  I'm also really into short yoga videos in my living room.  Cozy!

Question for anyone---  Has anyone used the Dr. Kea brand ovulation testing strips and what did you think of them? I bought a big box on Amazon of 50 OT strips and 20 PT strips. They are so cheap compared to the ones in the drugstore, probably because they are very basic, no digital reader or anything. I'm skeptical now and wonder if I should be using the expensive ones instead...
  • Options
    @mvt2003 Thanks for the tip about keeping images, I've just been tossing negatives in the trash. I'll start doing this!
  • Options
    @legendairymomma omfg yes I go there randomly to both rage and laugh at their questions. It's where all the Peggys hang out!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 @legendairymomma remember when we accidentally got a Peggy in here who thought she was in the real answers section? 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    @mvt2003 oh gosh, yes I do, or somebody suggested that was a better spot for her question. Nonsense needs to stay in the Real Answers section 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited December 2019
    Edit: Possible TW for name discussion

@inthewoods23 Comments in a Facebook group that you may appreciate 😁

• Options
    @bows22 yes!! Thank you!! Haha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @dancingtreepose. What yoga videos do you do?  My DH keeps reminding me that I should do yoga, but we moved away from the gym that I used to take classes at.  Thinking in my living room might be a better way to do it.  
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 We also only have 2 people living in our house and it literally always looks the same way. I don't know how we do it, tbh. Also, I literally feel like I spend my entire life washing dishes. 

I spent an hour cleaning the house before work this morning, and when I get home I still have to fold laundry, straighten up the dining room, clean the upstairs bathroom, and vacuum upstairs. We have two humans, a dog, and a cat, HOW does this much need to be done?! 

• Options
    @mvt2003 I'm hoping to get myself in the habit of washing pots and such even if there's only a few items. Our sink is so large I use a lot of water to fill it not even halfway so I always saved water by waiting a few days for there to be lots of dishes to make it worth it. I'm going to just squirt a drop of dish soap on items and wash them when we have only a few to help keep the counter and sink clear! I think it will really help.

It would also help if we stopped watching TV while we eat at our coffee table because you know we finish eating but keep watching and then it's too late to spend the time cleaning up the kitchen because I'm tired.

So many easy ways to make 2020 start off on the right foot!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @mvt2003 @inthewoods23 there's only two of us in my house as well and it feels like the dishwasher and washing machine are always going. 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 do you have a long commute? I would be so mad if I drove all the way into work for no reason!
  • Options
    @shoogapoff thankfully no, it's only about 15-20 minutes. It's been really convenient with packages or deliveries to be able to stop at home during my lunch hour. And I was there for 4 hours so it wasn't like I went home right away.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I am currently only working part time while looking for a full time job.  It feels like every day I am doing dishes and laundry...for just the two of us as well.  Like where do these come from overnight?  Especially since I haven't been meal planning and cooking like I should.
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 tiramisu oreos? I can get on board with those! Many of the other flavors, not so much.
  • Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited December 2019
    @dobiemom11 in one of my FB groups someone shared a pic that basically outlining a good way to get chores done or to keep clean but it seemed so unrealistic in that you would run the washer and dishwasher every day with only the day's items.

I'll have to see if I can find it because when you're just 2 people you're wasting so much room in the machines.

ETA: found it!

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23. A blogger that I follow says that she runs her dishwasher nightly and designates two days a week for laundry.  But her family is 6 people with 3 that eat all meals and snacks at home.  She said her dishwasher would be two thirds full everyday and then have to be run in the middle of the day.  The rest of the chart makes sense though!  Thanks for posting it.  
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2020
    The other one was a cartoon throwing a baby away and I guess we are supposed to feel bad for people who are soooo fertile that having to try not to have babies is an issue. 

FUCK THIS SHIT. This is the second time in a week I’ve seen crap like this and people actually think it’s funny. *TW*

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    We have a mini dishwasher! It's a countertop dishwasher from STP and it's basically half sized. We run it every two days during the week normally or multiple times on the weekend when we're home and cooking more. Same for laundry, we just keep a small portable washer and run it twice a week for multiple loads. If we had a big one it would probably still be twice a week but only one load. We do try to wear clothes that can be worn more than once. It helps cut down on laundry a TON (obviously if clothes get dirty that's one thing, but DH works in an office so it's NBD). 
  • Options
    @NYTino24 OMG people are posting gross, insensitive BS like that?? I am so sorry you had to see that. It's so wrong on so many levels. 
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I saw that a few weeks ago and I'm just like great thanks... So glad to see that 😔

Granted it was in a FB group for puns or whatever. To the right audience it might be funny 🤷‍♀️ but not us!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    You are welcome. 
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2020
    @izro Not sure if you’ve introduced yourself? While it’s a super fun idea to think about, the post is mathematically wrong. 2020 + 80 is 2100. So that person will live to see the turn of the next century, not the turn of the next millennia. I realize you maybe posted this as a joke so we could laugh at OP’s logic, but since I don’t know you yet I don’t know your humor.😊
  • Options
    Omg now I find out there's Cinnabon ice cream from Breyer's 🤯🤯

Might be gaining weight instead of losing weight this year. 😋
    Omg this sounds AMAZING!! 🤤
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• Options
    @inthewoods23 I'm totally in for that! 

In terms of getting into the working out habit, I can say from personal experience that once you get the habit started, you feel so many benefits that it becomes something you want to sustain. The hardest part is getting the habit started. I think it does depend on what personally motivates you - for me, I love having a goal. I started Couch 2 5k in March of 2018, and signed up for a 5k in May of 2018. I kept to my C25K runs mostly because I knew I had that 5k hanging over my head :D 

I know Yoga with Adriene does a 30 day program to start a yoga practice, that might be something fun to do? I also LOVED my yoga class at my old gym, and found it much more personally rewarding to do an in-person practice, so adding a class or two a week might be a good way to keep it motivating?