Check-in Week of 12/29

2»

Re: Check-in Week of 12/29

• Options
    @ziggymama06 I'm also late to the party

EDD/weeks+days: 5w6d or 6w3d  

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): somewhere between an apple seed and a sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: January 16 for a follow up ultrasound. Had my first appt and ultrasound today... ultrasound places me at 5w6d and my ovulation places me at 6w3d. Right now we are going with a due date based on the 5w6d, but we'll see if that changes based on the follow up scan in 2 weeks. Also have an appointment with my endocrinologist January 22 to check on my thyroid and see how it's responded to my new medication levels and to discuss how everything will be managed during the pregnancy  

How are you feeling? Currently have a cold... mild headache/sinus pressure, congestion, sore throat. My midwife said to try to tough it out without meds but if it gets too bad I could take some Tylenol and if the congestion is unbearable a bit of Sudafed. I'm not one to normally take medicines when I get sick anyway, but hopefully this passes quickly. Pregnancy symptom wise, I'm still pretty much symptomless. Tired, but with my thyroid issues and now being sick, it's hard to tell the cause.   

Raves/Rants: 
    Raves - told my first non family member and she was super excited! It makes everything feel even more real! Probably will wait to tell more people until after the follow up scan in 2 weeks. 
    Rants - I've been procrastinating hard with my work. I need to get motivated and get a lot of work done over the next few days (and few months so I can be in a good spot with my dissertation before taking a maternity leave)

Questions: 

GTKY: Besides welcoming our babies, what are you looking forward to in 2020? honestly we don't have many plans made for 2020 so far! The baby is definitely the big one. I hope we will take a trip or two and I hope to have my projects finalized for my dissertation so that the end will be in sight!

@wildrainbow @blackgirlmagic @ziggymama06 so many people moving! We might move because we also have a 2 bedroom and 1 room is currently used as an office since we work from home several days a week... but if we do move, I would be heavily pregnant because our lease ends August 1!
    @gomillis we used to live in San Antonio and I miss it so much! Especially the breakfast tacos
    @RedBaramid ugh your illness sounds terrible! I just got a bit of a cold and now I'm going to be extra cautious about nose blowing 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fitandnerdy we plan to have our two big debt items paid off by August. My husband then goes, we could put the house on the market as early as August if want. I just gave him a look. There are pros and cons to it, but I'm also thinking about pushing it back a couple months to get all of our debt paid off and not have to worry about that. But I'm not opposed to moving while on leave with a new born. It would be tough but doable and I would only do it for the perfect house.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @roo_baby I found out today that we will know by, hopefully, the end of next week what we are having. I'm so excited. I had to wait for the AS last time to find out. I'm happy that people still remember zika. I feel like everything is made a big deal when it first happens, as it should, but then it dies down and I feel like people forget. The cdc website can also give you helpful information as well. You can type in your destination on this link https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/zika-information, and it will give you information about the zika that may or may not be there. 

• Options
    @blackgirlmagic Yeah the CDC website says to ask my doctor for the regions I’m considering because there are still some active reports but not many. I expect my OB to know a lot about making babies, but when it comes to stuff like Zika I expect she’s googling the same info I am. 
  • Options
    @roo_baby I think that Zika is still so new that they know just as much as we do. When Zika was a thug in south Florida I always questioned what so pregnant living there do. What do pregnant women in any area do that live in a Zika area? Are we going to have a generation of children with Zika defects? Aside from the one in Hawaii, who was visiting Brazil when this all came to light (I think) I haven’t hear of anything. 

• Options
    @fitandnerdy Sorry your not feeling well! I hope your cold passes quickly! Being sick while pregnant is the worst. 
  • Options
    @blackgirlmagic I knew people living there when it was a thing and they wore a lot of bug spray and long sleeves and stayed inside a lot. But they didn’t stop living their lives. I think it’s different if that’s where you live vs if it’s an elective trip. It’s really hard to pick up and move so you make the best of the situation. 
  • Options
    @fitandnerdy I used to live in San Antonio too! And I’m sorry you’re deprived of breakfast tacos. That’s no way to live 😊. Also, what are you getting your PhD in?

@roo_baby I’m excited about the election too, although they always stress me out too haha. 

@duck_duck_goose So exciting that you’re seeing Hamilton! I finally saw it this past summer after being obsessed with it for years. It was amazing.  
  • Options
    @fitandnerdy @gomillis I've probably spent the least time in San Antonio of any major Texas city, and that needs to be remedied asap. Fiesta is near the top of my bucket list, but I guess this is probably not the year to do it... ;)
  • Options
    @riatortillaxo thanks! it seems to be passing quickly and I already feel better today than I have the past 2 days. The amount of water I've been drinking and the insane amount of time I've spent in bed seem to be helping

@gomillis my husband and I make our own breakfast tacos sometimes, but it's just not the same. and when I try to explain breakfast tacos to people, they're like "oh so like a breakfast burrito?" ... no.. absolutely not like a breakfast burrito.. and I'm getting my PhD in economics!

@emiliadkay San Antonio is really amazing, you should definitely get there! Fiesta is amazing, but yeah the insanely large and drunk crowds may not be as fun when you are pregnant... but some of the events are less wild like the King William Fair and would still be fun while pregnant!