Group 2 (April 9-16) Check In w/o Dec 23

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

Re: Group 2 (April 9-16) Check In w/o Dec 23

• EDD/W+D: April 10/24w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Upcoming Appointments: repeat anatomy scan and prenatal check up January 8

How are you feeling? Some new things are showing up now. Heartburn, lots of found ligament pain, emotional all the time (MH calls it baby rage). 

Raves/Rants: super excited about Christmas! We have been a little extra sentimental this year, knowing it’s our last Christmas just us. We started planning the nursery. With me being on winter break now, he took off the week between Christmas and New Years to move stuff out so I can start getting baby stuff moved in. I know for a fact my siblings got our baby Christmas gifts (we decided to not exchange amongst us siblings anymore now that we all “have kids” and just focus on the kids instead). So they asked if it was ok if they got the baby stuff. My in laws are putting some of their Christmas present budget for both of us into the crib, so we go to Amish country to order the crib with both sets of parents this weekend, so that will be fun! Just a lot of excitement about baby. 

Questions: anyone else feeling ridiculous amounts of movement? Baby is having a daily dance party in my belly, and we can feel it on the outside now! So cool! Also, any other FTM starting child birth classes? We start tonight and I’m not sure what to expect. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Church on Christmas Eve night. I love singing silent night by candlelight! It’s my favorite. Also, falling asleep to The Christmas Story. I love that movie! Lol
  • @ejoseph16 I have days where he is having dance parties and seems to kick all day and then other days when he is more quiet. The quiet days make me nervous but I think inconsistency is still okay at this point. Our hospital does a one time 4hour birth class which we will take probably in February. They also have a webinar for hospital orientation. They don’t do floor tours anymore (apparently was disruptive to the work flow on unit, which I can understand as I used to work as an RN in newborn nursery). 

EDD/W+D: April 12, 24w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 2 for check up and glucose test 

How are you feeling? My lower abdomen and hips get very sore by the end of the day! Going to look into compression band 

Raves/Rants: also very excited for Christmas!!! It is fun to think about how baby will be with us next Christmas. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Love Christmas Eve! We go to church and do some baking. My dads bday is Christmas Day so I bake his birthday cheesecake on Christmas Eve. I’m really looking forward to starting new traditions and bringing back old ones when baby is here 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: April 11 24w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): puffin

Upcoming Appointments: repeat anatomy scan on 12/31, fetal echocardiogram on 1/21

How are you feeling? Super emotional (cried watching Lilo and Stitch this weekend even though I’ve seen it countless times), hip pain, constipation doesn’t seem to want to go away ever. 

Raves/Rants: Hello from my office where I will work every day this week except for Christmas Day while all of my family and friends are off for an extended Christmas Break. Fun stuff. DS is doing great, though. He and DH are having a ton of fun today while they finish getting things ready for Christmas. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas tradition? We watch the original Grinch every year. I love that movie. This year DS got really into it too. 

@ejoseph16 Baby is pretty active lately. She moves a ton most days and then really freaks me out when she decides to be quiet. She kicked up a storm through most of the new Star Wars movie on Thursday. We took a 4 hour birthing class on a Saturday last time, at about 32 weeks or so. Honestly, I didn’t think it was great. I wish I’d taken the 6-week one instead, but it was on a night that I couldn’t do due to work schedule. As for what to expect, I would say videos. Ours gave us some books with lots of information and then we watched videos and the nurse answered a few questions. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @gingers19 we have been talking a lot about “Christmas next year” as well. Lol. I feel like we are just getting through Christmas this year. 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

@mercury94 what a bummer that you have to work all this week except Christmas Day! 

Thanks for telling me all about birthing classes. I know we are taking them early, but I just want to have them over with. They are from 6:30-9 at night, an hour away from our house. My bed time is at 8:30. Lol. So we want to knock this out since 2 of them are over my winter break at school, so I don’t have to work the next day! 
  • EDD/W+D: 4/14 24 weeks tomorrow

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: 12/30 for another ultrasound

How are you feeling? Pretty good aside from the trouble sleeping 

Raves/Rants: working very little the next few weeks! DH is now off the 1.5 weeks which will be nice to have help with crazy 2.5 year old.

Questions: none right

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas tradition? I'll answer for my favorite Hanukkah tradition! I love making latkes and playing dreidel every year!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ejoseph16 yes, this girl moves a lot! DS moved a lot, too. Hoping this doesn't mean she's gonna be wild like him. Am really hoping for a calmer child!
    We did childbirth classes last time and I really liked them. I did learn a bit, but ultimately didn't use a lot of the techniques due to being induced early and getting an epidural very early. Does yours include a hospital tour, too? I really liked that to get a feel for what the rooms were like and what they would offer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 yeah tonight was the most informative, but very graphic. Lol. The tour isn’t included, but is encouraged. I’m waiting to do that until our 8th month probably. 
  • @ejoseph16 Our tour was separate too. It was very helpful, though. Told me things like they don’t allow kids under 14 to visit unless they are siblings of the new baby. This was really useful bc I didn’t want my very active nephew to come visit when I was so tired and healing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • littleredmlittleredm member
    edited December 2019
    Wishing all of you a happy holiday season! <3

EDD/W+D: April 12th / 24w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): puffin

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my 24 week appointment yesterday.

How are you feeling? I'm not feeling so great. I've been having some right back pain and rib pain and the OB said that it could very possibly be my gallbladder. I was tender when he pressed on where the gallbladder is located. He told me to monitor how I feel over Christmas and if the pain gets worse, especially after eating greasy foods I need to call and come in for an abdominal ultrasound.

Raves/Rants: baby has been very quiet today and that always freaks me out a bit.

Questions: Anybody else dealt with gallbladder issues in a previous pregnancy.

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Honestly we've been in so many different places the past christmas' that we haven't really had time to form many traditions for me and DH. I look forward to next year where we can really start to focus on that. 
  • @ejoseph16 MH calls my emotions “pregger rage” 😂   We’re waiting until after the New Year to do anything in the room that will be the babies’ room. 

@gingers19 agree with you on the hip pain. Sleeping with a pillow between the legs seems to help a little.  I’ve also been going to my chiropractor about 1x a month vs my normal every 3-4 months and that seems to help too. 

@mercury94  I’m with you on the constipation. My dr ok’d stool softener every day (the one without the added laxative) and I’ve been doing that plus an apple every days and ensuring I get enough water, and that seems to be helping.  Went without the apple for the last few days and I’m feeling it...

@ejoseph16 @gingers19  @mercury94
    Some days one baby is bouncing around, other days it’s the other baby, and then there are still days where they are both calm...  I feel like I’m worrying about one or the other or both!  Just enjoying the movements I can. DH has felt each of them move but it’s easier at this point for him to watch my belly (when I stop breathing for about 30 seconds so he can tell it is the babies!). 

@littleredm I don’t have any experience with gallbladder issues but hope that these are normal pregnancy pains that go away! 

EDD/W+D: 
    April 11, 24+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Purple 💜

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Atlantic Puffin

Upcoming Appointments: 
    January 16 Growth Ultrasound and Prenatal 

How are you feeling? 
    Dr gave the ok for Pepcid AC twice per day so that plus sleeping with a pillow under my ribs and 2 pillows under my head has helped immensely with the heartburn.

Raves/Rants: 
    My sleeping situation is pretty funny, as I have the pillow under my ribs and 2 pillows under my head plus the boppy side sleeper and a pillow between my legs.  

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
    Christmas Mass and spending time with family seems to be the constant from when I was a kid to now.